Video whilst turning. Impossibly jerky!
502 3 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bbFcGtDnAFwU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2359 ft
United Kingdom

I'm just beginning to get used to flying my new Mavic pro platinum. However, i'm very disappointed with trying to get a turning video panorama. It turns out impossibly jerky! I can see why as the camera struggles to stabilise the view, fails, and then locks on, fails again, etc. etc. It seems the only way to get a smooth panorama would be to disable the gimbal stabilisation for this particular video! Can this be done on the fly? Any other tips?

2018-4-14
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

smooth filming whilst doing left and right yaws is a bit tricky to get smoothly - you must slow your rotation down as much as possible othrwise it will be jerky. You can try flying around in a circle whilst doing yaw at the same time - this will get you through 360 faster than a hovering rotation - still takes a bit of practice to make it happen smoothly. your experiance is typical, you must find tricks to overcome the problem.
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please kindly upload some samples for better assistance if applicable. Thanks in advance!
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_bbFcGtDnAFwU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2359 ft
United Kingdom

Trying to make a reasonable sized clip to send, but my video editors do not seem to recognise the Mavic .mov files. .avi seems better supported, any advice?
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules