somethings wrong with DJI drone or an other one also controlling it?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

hey, in iran recently we have a big problem that some gov*rnme*tal company is the officer to take the control of drones in the sky in some places, crash or stealing  them, i've heared about this issue several times from other people that some body had taken they're drone's control and they could do nothing and the drone flew away,
eventually about two days ago i was told to take some aerial videos in a place,when i got there one of another drone operators told me that: be careful, somebody took my drones control and crashed it. honostly, i didnt belive him and told him maybe magnetic, drone sencors calibration or his fault that he crashed. so i started flying the drone but after 30 second i feeled that im loosing the control of my Phantom 4p, and its going to crash ,so i tried as hard as i could to not crash but it was obvious that an other person also controling it, finaly after two minutes i could land the drone hardly , and checked all the sensors and signals were normal.
i adition, last year ,my friend was flying the same place about three hours with no problem at all.
and this place is not no-fly zone
you can whatch my  video :
and my friend's crash video, same day, same place :

okay there is two things here :
one, im completely  wrong and this was the drone problem, so i wanted the Dji fix this problem immediately ( drone's sensors were fine and calibrated)
two, if the remote control and the drone doesnt have a security, i want dji to fix this problem also, so no one could enter the drone in the air to take control

2018-4-15
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

one point i will make is , you should not fly over PEOPLE if that had gone down in the crowd ,it would have caused SERIOUS injury,
2018-4-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Someone taking control of your drone is probably the least likely explanation.
Instead of guessing and wondering (and probably being very wrong), you should start by looking at the flight data to see what that shows.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

ps ... that doesn't look like a suitable place to fly at all.
2018-4-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Very dangerous for the unfortunate innocent bystanders.

I hope you would be more considerate, flying over crowds...

RedHotPoker
2018-4-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-15 01:58
Instead of guessing and wondering (and probably being very wrong), you should start by looking at the flight data to see what that shows.

I thought Aeroscope could do this, there are also those guns out now that can also do this, I think we have just had an Aeroscope tower go live at one of our airports here in the UK, sure i read a newspaper article the other day about it but i cannot find anything  at the minute..
2018-4-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-4-15 04:27
I thought Aeroscope could do this, there are also those guns out now that can also do this, I think we have just had an Aeroscope tower go live at one of our airports here in the UK, sure i read a newspaper article the other day about it but i cannot find anything  at the minute..

I thought those things were just signal jammers with a very direct los.
Think i might have to look them up
2018-4-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

As for the op's flight well that just looks reckless and dont blame anyone for trying to take it down if thats what actually happened im sure the flight log might hold the truth.
2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-15 01:58

maybe you're right
here's the log
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NNPRL5AVVRFT72XA3V6V/
2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-15 06:05
As for the op's flight well that just looks reckless and dont blame anyone for trying to take it down if thats what actually happened im sure the flight log might hold the truth.

here's the log

we got the License the day before
but can you tell why the gimbal also not working properly after thinks start to go wrong?
2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-15 06:05

an other person had that problem ,now people were there, there are more peaceful ways to take it down ,not this way
2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

I thought Aeroscope could do this, there are also those guns out now that can also do this, I think we have just had an Aeroscope tower go live at one of our airports here in the UK, sure i read a newspaper article the other day about it but i cannot find anything  at the minute..

so there are things which does that??
2018-4-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Aeroscope doesn't jam or take over a drone.
It just allows it to be identified and tracked.
2018-4-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

There's something wrong with GPS for that flight.
The Phantom has not recorded a position anywhere during the whole flight.
We can see that you used the right stick and should have been moving around but can't see any tracking to show where it went.
Because there is no position recorded, there is also no speed data.
The Phantom appears to have responded normally to the left stick inputs.
It should have recorded position information each 1/10th of a second.
The Flight Controller realises there is a problem and has given Speed Error messages many times as the IMU is recording movement but the GPS is giving speed=0..
You had good satellite numbers but no GPS data.
It looks like there was something interfering with GPS and preventing GPS reception but no indication that anyone did anything to take control of your drone.
Does the Phantom work normally at other locations now?

btw .. You launched with a partially discharged battery.  This is not a safe thing to do..
2018-4-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I wouldn't think that Iran would be an ideal country to fly in.
2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-15 06:55
There's something wrong with GPS for that flight.
The Phantom has not recorded a position anywhere during the whole flight.
We can see that you used the right stick and should have been moving around but can't see any tracking to show where it went.

thanks for respond, okay guess, that no one did any thing, but why my drone didnt respond to my actions?
and the same thing happened to my friends drone two hours earlier at the same place!!!
my drone is completely fine now, no error no nothing wrong!!!
i've flied with 9 GPS before with no problem
that day as usual,  when  i didnt get any error on my screen i started flying ,at the first minute it was okay and you see what happened next, i know if i didnt try to control it so hard, i would have crash so bad and may hurt people.any way i wont do it again.
i didnt even get any error to calibrate any thing!!!!

2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-4-15 07:23
I wouldn't think that Iran would be an ideal country to fly in.

thanks for advice haha, but i need more than that, i'm a drone pilot for two years and after hundreds times flying it was the firs time that i had faced this problem,
also i know that drone of my friend's was new and with no problem, one day earlier i was recording with it, and used 5 batteries , also no problem
2018-4-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

aref Posted at 2018-4-15 07:36
thanks for respond, okay guess, that no one did any thing, but why my drone didnt respond to my actions?
and the same thing happened to my friends drone two hours earlier at the same place!!!
my drone is completely fine now, no error no nothing wrong!!!

why my drone didnt respond to my actions?
It did respond to the left stick but the interference affecting the GPS meant the Phantom was not moving horizontally as it should.

i've flied with 9 GPS before with no problem

That's fine when the GPS sats are giving the Phantom it's position data but this time the GPS was giving no position information.

i didnt even get any error to calibrate any thing!!!!

There's nothing you could calibrate that would have made any difference.
2018-4-15
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

We got the License the day before.
Now we can fly over thousands of people at 10 feet with metal everywhere, yaaay, lol.

It was the American military screwing with the GPS in Iran.

It was aliens.

It was divine intervention.

2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

dorbot Posted at 2018-4-15 08:17
We got the License the day before.
Now we can fly over thousands of people at 10 feet with metal everywhere, yaaay, lol.

i didnt want to do 10feet  fly lol
the problem didnt let me get safe zone to  do what i wanted to. ..  lol,
2018-4-15
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-15 07:54
why my drone didnt respond to my actions?
It did respond to the left stick but the interference affecting the GPS meant the Phantom was not moving horizontally as it should.

so the problem was GPS?????
2018-4-15
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hey, learn to fly properly and safely first.
2018-4-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

aref Posted at 2018-4-15 09:00
so the problem was GPS?????

The problem was that something was causing interference to GPS.
When you moved the Phantom, the IMU confirmed it was moving but the GPS did not show any movement.
That confused the flight controller which gave many Speed Error messages because of this.
2018-4-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-15 06:41
Aeroscope doesn't jam or take over a drone.
It just allows it to be identified and tracked.

Yeah my bad, aeroscope does not yet  but give it time, Skysafe does (phantom with LB2) as does Drone Shield (jamming signal interception)

Prob safe to say in this case it was not the case lol
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the issue. If the drone is still in warranty period, please kindly contact the support and start a case: https://www.dji.com/support We will offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result.
2018-4-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 00:07
Sorry for the issue. If the drone is still in warranty period, please kindly contact the support and start a case: https://www.dji.com/support We will offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result.

There was nothing wrong with his Phantom and he did not lose it.
It's working perfectly now.
The problem was with the GPS signal as is clearly demonstrated by the flight data.
2018-4-16
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

aref Posted at 2018-4-15 06:07
maybe you're right
here's the log

Next time, don't take off until the home point has been recorded (and you have checked it on the map).

If this happens while in the air, switch to atti mode and I would expect it to fly normally, but obviously without position hold and with RTH unavailable.

I don't know why it happened, but it does appear to be a GPS issue and I guess not the fault of the aircraft.
2018-4-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

GPS :

You can have every sat possible showing on your tablet .... but does not mean positional info is solid. GPS controllers on the ground often switch off / deform / alter data especially during exercises / conflicts / events.

I would suggest that the area in question may have been subject to GPS intentional disruption by GPS ground control. It is also possible for various military installations on vessels / aircraft / ground vehicles to create a localised 'blanket'.
Areas such as Iran would be likely areas for such activity ......

Nigel
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-16 00:19
There was nothing wrong with his Phantom and he did not lose it.
It's working perfectly now.
The problem was with the GPS signal as is clearly demonstrated by the flight data.

It seems that I missed a lot of information, not just the videos... Thanks for your help.
2018-4-17
Use props
aref
lvl.1
Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2018-4-16 01:41
GPS :

You can have every sat possible showing on your tablet .... but does not mean positional info is solid. GPS controllers on the ground often switch off / deform / alter data especially during exercises / conflicts / events.

i've read all comments, but i think you would be right, because exact same thing happened to my friend at the same day and place but he couldn't controlled it and crashed
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules