Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP: Extremely bad video glitch/lag
3269 18 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Just got my spark a couple of days ago and the video transmission is horribly bad. I can hardly see what the camera is filming and what is going on screen. Phone was in airplane mode and away from interference. The compass error message was stuck there even though the compass was fine. Tried in multiple locations and with multiple frequency & channels and this is the best I got. Very disappointing as the Mavic pro flys with 20 times better video transmission at the same location..
2018-4-15
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

have you check for WiFi interference? does the Go4 app shows a lot of "red" bars? maybe it's about the location.
2018-4-15
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

Tried it in different locations and still the same issue... Sometimes I can't even get pass 150 metres (492 ft) without it losing connection with the remote.. Tried with two different devices with the same exact issue. OTG cable doesn't even make a difference. Anyone knows why this is happening?
2018-4-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-20 07:02
Tried it in different locations and still the same issue... Sometimes I can't even get pass 150 metres (492 ft) without it losing connection with the remote.. Tried with two different devices with the same exact issue. OTG cable doesn't even make a difference. Anyone knows why this is happening?

Yep... you are probably in CE mode which is... well... you see what it is.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-4-20 07:11
Yep... you are probably in CE mode which is... well... you see what it is.

Well, I tried FCC mode a few times and it was still glitchy and laggy
In fact, the video I posted above was spark in FCC mode...

2018-4-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-20 07:19

What's the phone? Having decent GPU and sufficiently good CPU?
2018-4-20
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-4-20 07:26
What's the phone? Having decent GPU and sufficiently good CPU?

Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Snapdragon 835 (one of the lastest processor) with 4 gigs of ram. The Mavic Pro, however, works extremely well with it; the video transmission is almost as good as the recorded footage, no glitches and no lag at all. Like I've said: 20 times better.. I will upload another video showing the mavic pro's transmission in the next few days.
2018-4-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-20 07:34
Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Snapdragon 835 (one of the lastest processor) with 4 gigs of ram. The Mavic Pro, however, works extremely well with it; the video transmission is almost as good as the recorded footage, no glitches and no lag at all. Like I've said: 20 times better.. I will upload another video showing the mavic pro's transmission in the next few days.

Mavic Pro in Ocusync or Wifi mode? I guess Ocusync which is completely different universe.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-4-20 07:42
Mavic Pro in Ocusync or Wifi mode?  I guess Ocusync which is completely different universe.

I've seen some Spark's transmission video on YouTube and none of them are as bad as the one I have..
Initially I thought it was a WIFI limitation but after a few more flights, I realized that it was different, much different than anything I've seen..
2018-4-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-20 07:48
I've seen some Spark's transmission video on YouTube and none of them are as bad as the one I have..
Initially I thought it was a WIFI limitation but after a few more flights, I realized that it was different, much different than anything I've seen..

Yep... never seen this bad reception too... on the other hand you flight top urban area. Either that or maybe HW issue with your Spark. Any chance you can fly it somewhere like proper country side and start from there?
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

Usually that lag come from a Slow Phone with not enought CPU/GPU Power / Transmission. Maybe lots of apps in the background / full of video cache ? Did you try turning off Video Cache ? I dont know if it will help a bit, as there will be less processing power if you stop cache I think.

I am assuming you are using OTG and FCC from the 11 Channels - 2.4GHz Band. When you went into WIFI Channels (For 1 Second and you where changing menus so fast) your Channel was the Busiest, why didnt you change to a more stable one ?

What version are you using the 4.1.15 for OTG Support ?
2018-4-20
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 07:58
Usually that lag come from the Phone Power / Transmission. Maybe lots of apps in the background / full of video cache ? Did you try turning off Video Cache ?

I am assuming you are using OTG and FCC from the 11 Channels. When you went into WIFI Channels (For 1 Second and you where changing menus so fast) your Channel was the Busiest, why didnt you change to a more stable one ?

Other channels performed worse: I would lose connection even when I'm right in front of it.
This video was just an example but this issue happens on almost every flight: it's just glitchy and/or laggy almost all the time.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-20 08:36
Other channels performed worse: I would lose connection even when I'm right in front of it.
This video was just an example but this issue happens on almost every flight: it's just glitchy and/or laggy almost all the time.

Did you try another phone ? Maybe a friends phone ?

Too see if the phone is the problem or the Spark AirCraft.

Are you using the latest version 4.2.12 or 4.1.15 ?
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5835331 ft
Thailand

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-20 07:19

What do you mean with 'tried in FCC'?

You bird has a 2.4 connection, which is 'unusual' in 7m distance and FCC.

Edit: Just try the newest app and a cable
I flew in both modes in S-Pore, but only with cable.
Without (noticeable) lag
2018-4-20
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain

Just downgraded to 4.1.15 and the video transmission is so much better, even without OTG cable. Unfortunately, 4.2.12 is not available yet for any of my devices.. But I'm still happy that I can finally see what spark is seeing.
Thanks for all your help.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. The V4.2.12 is released at a staged rollout, please have a try when you receive it.
2018-4-22
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I encounter this occasionally with my Spark. I restarte the RC, drone, and phone then I move to a new location. Fixes it everytime. But it sounds like you've done this already, so in that case I'm stumped.
2018-4-22
Use props
Irshad Khan
New

Canada

Does having a ...ty phone camera interfere with the video quality on the drone? Im using a lg stylo 4... Im noticing lag ls and blur   
2019-3-23
Use props
Irshad Khan
New

Canada

Does having a ...ty phone camera interfere with the video quality on the drone? Im using a lg stylo 4... Im noticing lag ls and blur   
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules