Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Free Quick Release Propellers and Adapters!
2311 25 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

As many of you know, I always post a thread when a product has issues.  I also, however, make time to always post when a company goes out of its way to make things right.  I AM NOT sure if this was done by DSLRPros.com (company I ordered my Inspire from) on its own or if DJI is behind it, but today I got a surprise in the mail.  A FREE set of quick release adapters and three packs of 2 each quick release propellers!  The package and letter came from DSLRPros, so I am unsure if DJI had a hand in it...anyone know?

I had already ordered a set of these as I did not expect a free set, but the spares are much appreciated!

KUDOS to DSLRPros!
2015-5-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

A well deserved pat on the back is not a bad thing in this case ..
Coptershop did the same class acts all the way.

Funny I did the same thing and now prop heavy as well
2015-5-8
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

It IS DJI.  They're trying to get them out to all customers - direct if the customer purchased direct, via a dealer if they went through a dealer.
2015-5-8
Use props
Boogieman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does make it right.  Glad to see everyone getting their quick releases I had actually canniblized a e800 kit to have mine a few months before they were available to sell.  
2015-5-8
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Anyone know what the timeframe is to accomplish this awesome act globally?  I asked my dealer locally, who where rather ignorant of the fact.  But I'm hoping it will turn up soon...  Great stuff DJI!  A very decent thing to do!
2015-5-8
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Coptershop sent mine for free!!!
2015-5-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-5-9 13:59
Anyone know what the timeframe is to accomplish this awesome act globally?  I asked my dealer locall ...

Hey Graham,

DJI started this process one month ago, we have been taking about it in some previous threads. I received my free props a week ago directly from DJI. So depending on where you purchased your copter it should be pretty soon.  
2015-5-9
Use props
Boogieman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-5-9 13:59
Anyone know what the timeframe is to accomplish this awesome act globally?  I asked my dealer locall ...

I would contact them again and also make sure they are a authorized DJI dealer buy going to the dealer page at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/dealer   I know this shows phantom dealers but still the same.  If they arent listed Id try and contract DJI and see what they say.  Your dealer should have been told this by now.
2015-5-9
Use props
Tournique80
lvl.1

Mexico

I received my free props from Dslpros the last week.
2015-5-9
Use props
Bart1209
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm afraid I'm still waiting for mine!!
2015-5-9
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got mine from Sonic Copters yesterday ! great DJi dealer.
2015-5-9
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

I received my free set of 3 pairs of quick release props from my dealer UAV Direct. They also changed a set of original props which had been on back order to the new quick release props and included them in this shipment (2 day delivery). UAV Direct has been a standup and responsive company to work with.

I know people can be critical of DJI relative to responsiveness and communications, but I've been pleased with how they've "owned" the issues regarding props by sending out the intermediate solution (prop locks) and the final solution (quick release hubs and replacement props).  I also know that there is a lot of anxiety as firmware and software issues are surfaced, but I'm also pleased by the reasonably timely firmware and software and feature updates that have come out of DJI. This progression hasn't been much different than most of the advanced technology products I've experienced.  This is a typical early adopter experience.

I also have come to appreciate the DJI guys on the forum and the many high experienced users (whose names I will leave out because I will forget someone and don't want to offend the people I mean to thank). You have helped me to avoid a number of issues and helped me to handle the few things I've had to figure out in learning this impressive machine.

Thank you all...
2015-5-9
Use props
fjtiger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1299 ft
United States

Bkackman Posted at 2015-5-10 06:51
I received my free set of 3 pairs of quick release props from my dealer UAV Direct. They also change ...

Has anyone receiver their free props from AMAZON?

cheers
2015-5-9
Use props
Boogieman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fjtiger Posted at 2015-5-10 09:37
Has anyone receiver their free props from AMAZON?

cheers

Did you order from a 3rd party on Amazon?  If so contact that seller. If amazon contact them.
2015-5-9
Use props
jbscroggins21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still waiting on mine from IntelligentUAS. Their website says they will be shipped out in mid April....It's now almost mid May.
2015-5-9
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Inspect the adapters before flight, apparently they are cracking and leaving potential of losing prop mid flight.
2015-5-10
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-5-10 06:14
Got mine from Sonic Copters yesterday ! great DJi dealer.

how many did you get? I as well received mine but only two sets form sonic
2015-5-10
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got two boxes and two bags..  So I got 4 props and 4 hardware.
how many where we supposed to get?
2015-5-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Scott,

better late than never.... here is a thread we started awhile back and it has some useful tips.

link:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10215

I believe that we should all receive free from DJI three (3) boxes of props and two (2) packages of hubs. So this is one complete set to outfit the Inspire and one (1) extra CCW and CW prop for spares.

Rich
2015-5-10
Use props
n.peterson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

Mine came with 2 sets of the props and 4 sets of the quick releases, then i bought 8 more sets of quick releases and 2 dozen sets of props, ones with white tips, yellow tips, plan black, and reinforced ones also.. Really easy to install, plus a great way to attach the props, I'm only worried about the possible failure in air, even though i check them every flight and after for any play or lose screws. Time will tell..
2015-5-10
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

n.peterson@me.c Posted at 2015-5-11 12:19
Mine came with 2 sets of the props and 4 sets of the quick releases, then i bought 8 more sets of qu ...

Wow you're expecting to go through a lot of props!
2015-5-11
Use props
n.peterson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

ScottGunn Posted at 2015-5-12 04:09
Wow you're expecting to go through a lot of props!

I like to have backups, and not worry about getting them at the last minute where you find your supplier is out of stock, and by the way, with the new quick release prop system, the adapters wear out during normal use, and so will the props.

The manual says to check for any play when the prop are installed, it shouldn't have any side to side play. Meaning you would hold the motor and try to rotate the prop CCW and CW and if it moves then the adapter Must be replaced and also the Props.

So in the end this new Quick release system for the props, is a wearable item. Not saying I'm going to crash it or hit the props on something, its more for stocking up on the parts you WILL need to replace after so many flights, better to be safe than sorry, having to wait a week for a replacement part.

At $10 for a pair of any of the quick release props, (Yellow or White striped look cool when spinning) its cheaper to order a bunch and $4 for a pair of the quick release mounts and pay for the shipping once.

These props are going fast, i ordered all of mine and the next day Heli Direct that is one State away from me (which is why i use them ill get the parts next day) are already out of stock of all 4 different DJI Quick Release Props and Mounts.

So really its just for my personal stock, just like many other things i have incase something happens. I can fix it and be back flying in no time...
2015-5-11
Use props
56speedster
lvl.1

United States

Boogieman Posted at 2015-5-10 09:39
Did you order from a 3rd party on Amazon?  If so contact that seller. If amazon contact them.

Boogieman, did you ever receive your props from Amazon.  I also purchased from Amazon(Amazon was the seller)  but not sure who to contact?  Thanks
2015-5-30
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my quick release props weeks ago, of course I have a ton on hand because of the outage of the standard props a while ago. DJI has a good product overall they do try to support. I wish they had a better CS process not that they are a multi billion dollar company, they need to invest.
2015-5-30
Use props
Boogieman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

56speedster Posted at 2015-5-31 07:29
Boogieman, did you ever receive your props from Amazon.  I also purchased from Amazon(Amazon was t ...

Yes. My seller was coptershop through amazon.  If I was you I'd contact amazon.  Either by contact or call them.
2015-5-30
Use props
56speedster
lvl.1

United States

Boogieman Posted at 2015-5-31 10:33
Yes. My seller was coptershop through amazon.  If I was you I'd contact amazon.  Either by contact ...

I will give them a call.  Thanks
2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules