Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Video with P4P
707 20 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just want to thanks for everyone on this forum. Its been a great learning experience reading all the posts and watching all the videos. Here is my first video with my P4P and this was my 4th or 5th flight with it. I'll have to admit I was terrified taking it over the water that far but in the end I think I got some great footage. Please let me know what you think (good or bad) so I can get better. Thanks.

2018-4-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Congratulations - it all turned out well in the end didn't it?    Thanks for the share.
2018-4-15
Use props
fansea1216d3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1810735 ft
  • >>>

Not bad at all for a first time. Try to keep each clip down to about 5 seconds. People tend to lose interest when they are long. Remember to turn off your downward vision when flying over water. That looks like a great place to fly.  Nice refections off the water.
2018-4-15
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansea1216d3 Posted at 2018-4-15 13:25
Not bad at all for a first time. Try to keep each clip down to about 5 seconds. People tend to lose interest when they are long. Remember to turn off your downward vision when flying over water. That looks like a great place to fly.  Nice refections off the water.

I knew that a few of the clips were long and moving forward I will start shortening the clips. Thanks for the tips
2018-4-15
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-4-15 13:14
Congratulations - it all turned out well in the end didn't it?    Thanks for the share.

Yes it did.
2018-4-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I think you nailed it great job.
My only suggestion would be with the music. Try not to repeat the music like that instead use diferent clips or short parts of music that compliments the previous sound clip and the video itself
2018-4-15
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-15 13:59
My only suggestion would be with the music. Try not to repeat the music like that instead use diferent clips or short parts of music that compliments the previous sound clip and the video itself

Great suggestion. Thanks
2018-4-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I think you did a great job.  Really enjoyed the clouds reflecting off the water.
2018-4-15
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-4-15 15:19
I think you did a great job.  Really enjoyed the clouds reflecting off the water.

That was one thing that stood out the most when I finally imported the footage. It was almost like glass.
2018-4-15
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Looks like a great day for flying and footage certainly spot on.
2018-4-15
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sky wombat Posted at 2018-4-15 17:57
Looks like a great day for flying and footage certainly spot on.

Thanks.
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The scenery looks great! Thanks for sharing with us.
2018-4-15
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hurley,

Nicely done.  Great day to fly.  Rotations can get tricky.  Slow is good.  Slower is better.  Some of your rotations pushed the viewer's limit.  A recording of a slow pan can always get sped up in post if it needs to be.  Slow rotations allow the viewer to take in all the beautiful information you have recorded.  This is especially important now that we have 4K video.

Along with the other suggestions, you are off to a good start!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-15 23:22
The scenery looks great! Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks.
2018-4-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-16 00:12
Aloha Hurley,

Nicely done.  Great day to fly.  Rotations can get tricky.  Slow is good.  Slower is better.  Some of your rotations pushed the viewer's limit.  A recording of a slow pan can always get sped up in post if it needs to be.  Slow rotations allow the viewer to take in all the beautiful information you have recorded.  This is especially important now that we have 4K video.

I'll be working on my rotations. I left out quite a few quick turns. lol
2018-4-16
Use props
Jake Billing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1291263 ft
Germany

You live in a such a stunning area, it's so calm too! Very luck buddy. I liked the opening shot the most, great work.
2018-4-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jake Billing Posted at 2018-4-16 07:17
You live in a such a stunning area, it's so calm too! Very luck buddy. I liked the opening shot the most, great work.

Thank you. I live in Washington State and that area is roughly the middle of the state (high desert area). Its also usually very windy there, I just happen to pass through when it was still.
2018-4-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-4-16 06:16
I'll be working on my rotations. I left out quite a few quick turns. lol

Aloha Hurley,

You will be happy with the results!  If you want computer controlled PANs, try Point of Interest and have the camera look across the circle you are flying (instead of down at the object of interest).  This makes very steady PANs and you can control the speed of rotation two ways.  When you set the radius of the circle, a shorter radius will make a faster rotation but longer radii will slow the rotation down even if it is the same speed as the shorter radii.  Point of Interest allows you to set the speed the bird travels along the circle circumference.

Be careful that you do not have an obstacle in the way as your bird travels around the circle.  You can change the direction the camera faces as it travels around the circle.  If I am worried about obstacles, I turn the camera to face the possible collision so I can stop the rotation immediately.  You can also use that camera angle change to make a more complex shot.  I even go up and down in a helix.

Hope this helps!  DJI products have a lot of tools we get to play with when we make videos.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-16 12:17
Aloha Hurley,

You will be happy with the results!  If you want computer controlled PANs, try Point of Interest and have the camera look across the circle you are flying (instead of down at the object of interest).  This makes very steady PANs and you can control the speed of rotation two ways.  When you set the radius of the circle, a shorter radius will make a faster rotation but longer radii will slow the rotation down even if it is the same speed as the shorter radii.  Point of Interest allows you to set the speed the bird travels along the circle circumference.

Thank you very much for the tips.
2018-4-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jake Billing Posted at 2018-4-16 07:17

Thanks.
2018-4-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-15 13:59
My only suggestion would be with the music. Try not to repeat the music like that instead use diferent clips or short parts of music that compliments the previous sound clip and the video itself

After watching it a few times I completely agree with you. I'm thinking of redoing this video with all the tips from everyone to help perfect the editing process. Thanks again.
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules