Video review of my OM2 experience, and a few questions
761 2 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VLOGNOSIS
lvl.3
United States

I ran into a few issues when testing out my new OM2. Anyone else experience these, and more importantly, found a fix? (doesn't seem to be any firmware updates available)
  • Stuttering when panning side to side
  • Loses tracking on anything beyond a simple subject
  • Poor control of video camera in app (tap to adjust focus or exposure)
  • Random limp arms

Here is a video review I made, if you are considering an OM2 (or would like to see examples of some problems I had):

2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The situation will be forwarded. Please tell me the firmware of you osmo mobile 2, the version of your app. Thanks for your feedback.
2018-4-22
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

My issues with active tracking are similar Reported here - looses the subject quite easily, but then decides to swiftly re-centre itself thus ruining the shot.  If tracking is lost, i would prefer to be able to take over and do it manually.

The stuttering when panning - is that not just technique? I try to keep movement smooth and fluid. Unless you're doing a whip pan...

Not experienced limp arms. I see the gimbal motor is showing in the far right of your video - you need to slide the phone to the left more. Rebalance and presto. So far i've used a combination of DJI Go app, stock camera app (Samsung S7), and Filmic Pro  -all with varying results.

I think the zoom is redundant for most phones - who wants to shoot digital zoom?! The new wave of dual lens smartphones are in their infancy, so maybe a useful feature in the future. The zoom rocker switch would make for a excellent exposure adjustment switch...hmm, customisable buttons - there's a thought..
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules