Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimble movement during start up
1358 13 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhigh69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

I just got my mavic pro. I turned it on for the first time and the gimble movement didn't seem normal to me. It moved around like it suppose to but it moved to where it hit one of the sides or top, im not sure exactly what prart of the dron it hit, but it was noticeabe because the way it sounded. it was loud, like if the camera moved out of it's range of motion. Is this noraml or do you think something needs to be done. After linked to remote, i did some gimble movement and it moved fine, so i don't know if this is normal or not.
thank you,
lplease let me know
flyhigh69
2018-4-16
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I would just pay attention to it when you start up, this phenomenon has been posted in other threads, if it continues you may have to send it back. It shouldn't be banging anything.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, have you tried to fly the drone? If your drone can fly normally and there is no error message in the DJI GO4 app, then please don't worry. Hope everything is fine, thanks!
2018-4-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-16 00:23
I would just pay attention to it when you start up, this phenomenon has been posted in other threads, if it continues you may have to send it back. It shouldn't be banging anything.

I hate to send it back , I just bought it off of EBAY. They do offer 100% money back guarantee. But is it a big problem. I mean everything else works fine on the gimble. But if it will cause future problems, then yes i will send it back. I'm going to fire it a few more time to see if the problems still their. I don't think it will fix on its own. Has an update in firmware been about this issue?
2018-4-16
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

It's a fan and it's perfectly normal to set in at some point for cooling the electronics.
Please read the entire manual sir. Then you will understand your Mavic so much better.

There's a fan in the remote aswell - not as loud but it's there.
2018-4-16
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-4-16 01:26
I hate to send it back , I just bought it off of EBAY. They do offer 100% money back guarantee. But is it a big problem. I mean everything else works fine on the gimble. But if it will cause future problems, then yes i will send it back. I'm going to fire it a few more time to see if the problems still their. I don't think it will fix on its own. Has an update in firmware been about this issue? Oh I wanted to coment on the fan, I think it is a fan turned on, it sounded like a fan, anyway does it suppose to kick on about 3 minutes after mavic is turned on? Or is it even a fan. Like I said befroe, it sounds like a fan blowing in the craft.???

Yes the fan should turn on while sitting idle, this is normal. I would do like you say, make sure the gimbal mounts are clear and not stuck (see video below) start her up a couple of times, if it still bangs and/or makes a loud noise when cycling during start up you may have an issue.

2018-4-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-16 01:06
Hi, have you tried to fly the drone? If your drone can fly normally and there is no error message in the DJI GO4 app, then please don't worry. Hope everything is fine, thanks!

No not yet, I just got it . tomorrow hopefully if the wind permits. But ya that's what i was thinking. I just don't want further problems from this issue.
2018-4-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-4-16 01:36
It's a fan and it's perfectly normal to set in at some point for cooling the electronics.
Please read the entire manual sir. Then you will understand your Mavic so much better.  

Thanks for the info. And yes. I will finish reading the manual. I haven't flown it yet. I just activated my RE goggles with the bird , when i noticed the banging sound of the gimble at start up.

THanks again,
flyhigh 69
2018-4-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-16 01:37
Yes the fan should turn on while sitting idle, this is normal. I would do like you say, make sure the gimbal mounts are clear and not stuck (see video below) start her up a couple of times, if it still bangs and/or makes a loud noise when cycling during start up you may have an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbG3Xr1aQ

Thanks for the video, I did check the gimble, it is properly in place. the L and the 2 front tabs are on top, gimble is behind these hangars. I see today later on how she flies, pretty anxious!
2018-4-16
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20561 ft

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-4-16 01:26
I hate to send it back , I just bought it off of EBAY. They do offer 100% money back guarantee. But is it a big problem. I mean everything else works fine on the gimble. But if it will cause future problems, then yes i will send it back. I'm going to fire it a few more time to see if the problems still their. I don't think it will fix on its own. Has an update in firmware been about this issue?

DO NOT SEND IT BACK FOR WARRANTY WORK.  I did this and they are saying it's not a warranty item and I'm being charged $230 to replace arms and gimbal.  I am in a HUGE fight with them right now about this and no one can give me any answers about why I'm being charged.  I had the drone 24 hours and this happened and started to reset during flight.  All capture on video.  To me, no brainer warranty item, but to them, not a defect.  RETURN to purchases and try your luck with another drone.
2018-4-16
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember my gimbal doing this sometimes shortly after receiving my Mavic Pro (back when DJI first released it). Since updating the firmware, I haven't run into it again. If you're not running the latest firmware, updating it would be something to try.
2018-4-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

msinger Posted at 2018-4-16 07:12
I remember my gimbal doing this sometimes shortly after receiving my Mavic Pro (back when DJI first released it). Since updating the firmware, I haven't run into it again. If you're not running the latest firmware, updating it would be something to try.

I was examining the gimble as to where it was banging into and I strated to think how it just hangs on these rubberbands and how it wiggles a lot. I think that it moves to fast during it procedure on start up , thus it hits the back body of the mavic. I dont see this a big problem for now.but like another replied about reset during flight. I don't understand, reset of what? But over time I would imagine the banging eventually would harm the camera. ???? I will test fly first, then make the decision of the return. It would be nice to move the whole gimble a tad forward. but I wouldn't know how to begin , just a thought....
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-4-16 01:41
No not yet, I just got it . tomorrow hopefully if the wind permits. But ya that's what i was thinking. I just don't want further problems from this issue.

I do understand your concern, please choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good an no magnetic interference to fly the drone, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-17
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-17 01:11
I do understand your concern, please choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good an no magnetic interference to fly the drone, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

thanks for the sincerity. Yes i will get back to you soon as i do all the calibrations. Then ill will try it out for the first time. excited and praying that it is not a big concern.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules