Video length
1887 12 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pegralph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17477 ft
Australia

I can not got a video longer than 5 & a bit minutes. Cannot work out how to set the video length
2018-4-16
Use props
Pegralph
lvl.1
Australia

Video length

I can not get a video longer than 5 & a bit minutes. Cannot work out how to set the video length
2018-4-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Yes you can but the video get split into pieces just below 4GB due to old Fat restrictions, no way to change by other than DJI.
2018-4-16
Use props
Pegralph
lvl.1
Australia

Bloody annoying. I am having trouble with replaying videos after transferring from sd card

to PC. Playback is really slow
2018-4-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Reduce the resolution of the video on the drone. The maximum filesize that can be saved is about 4Gb, a constraint of FAT32 and DJI.  That equates to about 4 minutes at 4K.   Any longer than that, and the data is split into 4Gb  chunks.   If you were to shoot in a lower resolution (720 say) you would get a much longer time in each file ( albeit at a lesser quality).  4K video needs a FAST PC to play without stutter, too. So a lower resolution should help with that also.
2018-4-16
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

You know that the Video files are split at 4GB (maximum for FAT32 format). You can put the cuts together in post processing.
2018-4-16
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>

That is because file size is limited to 4gb when card is formated to fat32
2018-4-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

chainmon Posted at 2018-4-16 04:45
That is because file size is limited to 4gb when card is formated to fat32

It does not matter, you can format in ExFAT and it does not change anything. The 4GB limit goes back to an old convention where there was a higher tax on recording devices that recorded for greater than 4GB.
2018-4-16
Use props
Pegralph
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for the info people. Dji need to look at this. I will use the drone for search and rescue and time is important when passing info to a colleague for reviewing. Just have to get used to it for now. Cheers all. Splinter.
2018-4-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Pegralph Posted at 2018-4-16 17:38
Thanks for the info people. Dji need to look at this. I will use the drone for search and rescue and time is important when passing info to a colleague for reviewing. Just have to get used to it for now. Cheers all. Splinter.

It should not bother you, the aircraft automatically starts another file and it continues without a break. DJI have a reason for doing this and do not seem interested in changing the way it works.

If it is not starting another file on your card, then try formatting the card in the aircraft and try again. If it is still not behaving, then you may need to get a faster card.
2018-4-16
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-16 08:17
It does not matter, you can format in ExFAT and it does not change anything. The 4GB limit goes back to an old convention where there was a higher tax on recording devices that recorded for greater than 4GB.

geebax,
and if you are formatted in NTSC would that make a difference? I have never done this but thought I would throw that out there.
2018-4-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

chainmon Posted at 2018-4-18 09:30
geebax,
and if you are formatted in NTSC would that make a difference? I have never done this but thought I would throw that out there.

If you mean NTFS, then no, it makes no difference at all.

2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The videos are divided into 4GB to ensure that the files will not lose in case the recording interrupted directly. You can change the resolution or stitch in the post-processing.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules