Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12979 ft
Estonia

Hello,

my setup:
Phantom 4 PRO+, location - European Union, Estonia (this may be important) ( https://www.google.com/maps/plac ... 0.4%22E/@59.3833251,28.1857912,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d59.3833148!4d28.194546 )

Since new update, when the panorama mode became available, I cannot choose the 5.8 GHz band.

This field is just grayed out and there is always 2.4 GHz already chosen. I cannot choose 5.8 GHz.
And I cannot fly with 2.4 GHz in city, because the fly become pain in ass. A lot of WiFi access point make this band useless in city (constant picture freezes, drops, loos of control etc).
The 5.8 GHz helped me to avoid this dangerous situations. But now I cannot fly, and my customers asking me, when can I start to fulfill customer's orders..

I investigated a little bit and collected information, and it seems, that the problem is that my location is near Estonian - Russian border. In Russian Federation the 5 GHz band is closed for drone activity (no CE). But Estonia is EU, and here are CE regulations, which ALLOW to use 5 GHz band.

DJI please correct your FCC, CE and no-fly zones.

The coordidnates I gave ( 59°22'59.9"N 28°11'40.4"E ) is not Russia. It's Estonia, EU with CE! If you open the google maps link I gave above, you will find the map, and there is a river. The right side of the river is Russia, the left - EU.

If anybody have another explanation, why it's not possible to use 5 GHz in EU zone, you are welcome to comments.

2018-4-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, the forum staff are mostly if not all, based in China, therefore cannot access google,  try HERE maps instead, coordinates included for the forum staff

2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry about the issue. May I know which type of RC do you connected? You can check from here: Remote Controller Settings>Advanced Settings>Remote Controller Type.
Make sure the P4P is selected, then check the whether the channel is available in the open door place with good GPS signal.
2018-4-16
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

To be correct, 5GHz band is not restricted in Russia even though it's not a part of EU. This post https://forum.dji.com/thread-144307-1-3.html explains the details. I think that DJI database is a little outdated
2018-4-17
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

Bashy Posted at 2018-4-16 19:57
Hi, the forum staff are mostly if not all, based in China, therefore cannot access google,  try HERE maps instead, coordinates included for the forum staff

Yeah, you right.
https://wego.here.com/?map=59.37626,28.19432,13,normal

2018-4-17
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

Additional information regarding described problem
Today I tried to fly in another area, to be exact, the location was --> ( click here )
I'm pretty sure, you already know what I say So, in this location both bands working - so 2.4GHz, as 5.8GHz.
I'm sure for 100% the problem is in FCC-CE-nofly zones. This is why it's not possible to use 5.8 GHz in that area , and possible here.
DJI please correct the problem.

2018-4-17
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 23:56
Sorry about the issue. May I know which type of RC do you connected? You can check from here: Remote Controller Settings>Advanced Settings>Remote Controller Type.
Make sure the P4P is selected, then check the whether the channel is available in the open door place with good GPS signal.

Hi Susan.
I have RC as on the picture below. This is standard RC with crsstal sky display coming with Phantom 4 PRO+.

IMG_20180417_194600.jpg
2018-4-17
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

And this is About screen, just for information. As you see I am using the last update from DJI.
IMG_20180417_194538.jpg

This is short video, showing what problem I speaking about.

2018-4-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It would not being in CE that is the cause of not being able to select 5.8GHz, i am in CE too and can do it on same RC+FW.
Try going into the RC settings just above HD and enter advanced. Check that it is set to type Phantom 4 Pro. Even if it is try selecting P4 and then change back to P4P, not sure if RC should be restarted after each change but i have seen one solve same issue like this.
2018-4-17
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

Hi, KedDK.
In RC settings it's already set to "Phantom 4 Pro" and grayed out, so I cannot change it to something else.
2018-4-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Coptercraft Posted at 2018-4-17 21:20
Hi, KedDK.
In RC settings it's already set to "Phantom 4 Pro" and grayed out, so I cannot change it to something else.

Try with AC powered off, if it already is then sure something is wacky.
Eventually try with a factory reset of the RC and tick the format option, remember to sync your flights and copy out files you want to keep before. If this don't do it then a refresh of the FW after the reset hopefully does.
2018-4-17
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

Yes I will try it.
But what do you think about, that in one location is not possible to use 5GHz, and in other location is possible? I described that in one of my previous posts.
So I tried to fly in another location, and there 5 GHz band was available.
2018-4-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Coptercraft Posted at 2018-4-17 22:08
Yes I will try it.
But what do you think about, that in one location is not possible to use 5GHz, and in other location is possible? I described that in one of my previous posts.
So I tried to fly in another location, and there 5 GHz band was available.

That for sure could sound like some of DJI's "Nanny your customers" attempts if nothing else than changing location made the difference, if have not seen any issues with change of frequency but has only been flying around in Denmark.

Just tested, when AC is powered on the RC type can not be changed and selection is grayed out as you say, powering AC off and the type can be changed. HD frequency can be changed regardless of the AC status.

PS. Get used to click the reply in order to generate the notification, this is specially important if you try to answer the Admins in here.
2018-4-17
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

Hi Susan,
any help or thoughts from DJI about described issue?
How DJI can comment that?
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Coptercraft Posted at 2018-4-17 23:12
Hi Susan,
any help or thoughts from DJI about described issue?
How DJI can comment that?

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers for review, will come back as long as there is an update.
2018-4-19
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-19 23:54
Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers for review, will come back as long as there is an update.

Thank you a lot, Susan!
Hope the issue will be solved.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Coptercraft Posted at 2018-4-20 01:41
Thank you a lot, Susan!
Hope the issue will be solved.

I'll keep follow and update for you. Appreciate your patience.
2018-4-23
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-23 04:00
I'll keep follow and update for you. Appreciate your patience.

Any news regarding to my problem?
Russian users complain the same problem - 5 GHz is not available in Russia. So it seems that DJI think that part of Estonia territory is Russia.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Coptercraft Posted at 2018-5-7 07:34
Any news regarding to my problem?
Russian users complain the same problem - 5 GHz is not available in Russia. So it seems that DJI think that part of Estonia territory is Russia.

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are reviewing this issue, I have pushed them again and will help you get an update soon.
2018-5-11
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 02:28
Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are reviewing this issue, I have pushed them again and will help you get an update soon.

Any news from engineers?
2018-6-8
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 02:28

Thank you for the fast and responsible customer support.
I'm still waiting.
2 months passed till the topic was opened, and nobody from DJI can fix described bug.
Just amazing.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Coptercraft Posted at 2018-6-22 06:27
I'm still waiting.
2 months passed till the topic was opened, and nobody from DJI can fix described bug.

Sorry about this, I'm checking the exact status with our engineers.
2018-6-29
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi, thank you for your feedback.we will check and will fix it as soon as possible. Please don't be too close to Russia. Thank you.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Coptercraft Posted at 2018-6-22 06:27
I'm still waiting.

Sorry for keeping you waiting. 25# is the reply from our engineers, they are working on it. It is recommended to fly in another place temporarily.
2018-7-4
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

5.8Ghz is not available with the new V2.0 model either when in the UK which at the moment is still part of the EU.
2018-7-7
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

5.8Ghz after an update seems to sort of work now with the V2.0 but after selecting "Both" on my one I selected a precision takeoff, it took off and the app on the CrystalSky reported "Aircraft Disconnected" with full signal strength displayed and no GPS.

Controller controls still worked so I just landed it again, turned everything off and on and tried again. That worked but I think it went back to 2.4Ghz only mode.

Very short flight #13 and successful flight #14 are in this video (I know panning speed too high).

2018-7-18
Use props
Coptercraft
lvl.2
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 7-4 23:55
Sorry for keeping you waiting. 25# is the reply from our engineers, they are working on it. It is recommended to fly in another place temporarily.

Any news regarding described problem?
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Coptercraft Posted at 11-9 06:10
Any news regarding described problem?

Sorry for keep you waiting. We have not got the news for now, if there is an update, we'll release at the first time.
2018-11-11
Use props
AlexSV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 554295 ft
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-11-11 23:42
Sorry for keep you waiting. We have not got the news for now, if there is an update, we'll release at the first time.

Any updates on this topic? Experiencing same problem for quite a long time already. I am in Russia-Moscow, 5.8 is also allowed her. But I had never managed to see a 5.8 option in none of the areas I had flown.
2019-1-28
Use props
benetau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4734 ft
France

AlexSV Posted at 1-28 09:57
Any updates on this topic? Experiencing same problem for quite a long time already. I am in Russia-Moscow, 5.8 is also allowed her. But I had never managed to see a 5.8 option in none of the areas I had flown.

Please someone have updates, i just got my new p4p+, i don't buy 1500$ drone to meet some problem like this
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlexSV Posted at 1-28 09:57
Any updates on this topic? Experiencing same problem for quite a long time already. I am in Russia-Moscow, 5.8 is also allowed her. But I had never managed to see a 5.8 option in none of the areas I had flown.

Hi AlexSV, sorry for the late response due to the holiday. Currently, 5.8G is not available in Russia and we'll release if more news is available, thank you!
2019-2-14
Use props
Ph Mascarenhas
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello, I am having the same problem on my device, I am not able to solve it, please release an update soon, the 2.4ghz signal has much problem.
2019-2-14
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's what I know about this issue. I am in the US. 5.8ghz frequency ok to use.

I purchased the V2.0 with the built in screen in August '18 . Out of the box the V2.0 was showing a choice for both the frequencies in question, 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz as well as the selection for Suppport for 'BOTH' frequencies.  I have been flying a Mavic Pro with the original white goggles for 1 year and was anxious to see what happens with the linking of the White goggles to the V2.0.

The connecting was easy and prompted in the goggles menus. The goggles worked very well with the V2.0 with range being not quite what the Mavic pro will do before loosing HD signal. All was well.
Within a week or two I finally noticed that the ability to select the 2.4 or 5.5ghz frequency was NOT there in the HD menu, It said "support for 2.4ghz only" I began to ask for help from Mods or users about this. No answers, a few interested and a few wanting to help with no answers, either.

I began to go to DJI tech support as to what is going on. They could not answer why, or they never seemed to understand the issue. I tried several times. Many things happened over the next two months. DJI finally replaced the V2.0 with a brand new one ,NO refurb.  Brand NEW out of the box:

The 2.4ghz and the 5.8ghz frequencies are there for selection. As soon as the white goggles connected the screen disconnected and reconnected, and the frequency selection menu went to "2.4ghz support only"
An ah ha moment for me!

While the replacement process was ongoing with DJI ( a real nightmare, btw) I acquired a pair of DJI RE goggles. These are the goggles meant for the V2.0's ability to "automatically" switch between the 2.4 and 5.8 frequencies as this was the very design of the RE Goggles, seemingly making more sense for the RE's to pair with the V2.0's than the racing world embracing them in mass droves. (my opinion)

Now the proof. The next step was to link the V2.0 to the RE's. As soon as the linking takes effect the frequency selection went from "2.4 ghz support only" to 2.4 or 5.8 or support for both. The software stays with these settings if you are not using any goggles or continue to use the RE's, later.
Linking the white goggles back to the bird removes the 5.8ghz support. You CANNOT change this in the menu until you link the bird to a pair of RE's to get to the 5.8.to open back up. Not even reloading the firmware and/or resetting the controller will do it. It's not about firmware updates, either, be sure of that.

I can link to one pair of goggles or the other with the same results 100% of the time. This is the answer to this one, at least for me it is over, I know how it works.

I hope this helps others from going through all the mud and money for the answers, like I had to... It's definitely NOT clear in the manual or tutorials, tech support or forums. I think one issue that has kept this from being discovered is that there are not many V2.0's to be had as not very many were produced, with the built in screen, anyway.Don't know about V2.0 without the built in screen if this even applies. Just my experience...

2019-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules