United States

Same here this is the fix!
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=30479
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Please, Hi I need an urgent solution please.
for it is to work and depend on it
Thank you
2014-12-1
Use props
ericlonc
lvl.2

United States

nordkapph20@yah Posted at 2014-11-30 22:30
Tom,

Great to hear, I am glad I can help!  I love this Phantom but DJI as a company needs to prov ...

I too have the same gimbal problem as a lot of people, my Phantom 2 vision + is only 3 days old did all the updates on the dii web site. I have found that if you power off for 10 or 15 minutes and then power up the gimbal will work, but if you power off and then right back on it doesn't work. I also have done Dave's instructions several times, still the same problem. With the PT2 app open on my iMac in the update section the ZEN imu doesn't even show up in the list of updates. I hope this issue gets fixed soon or this Phantom is going back to the store.
2014-12-1
Use props
bellarue
lvl.2

United States

cleber.frigo@ho Posted at 2014-11-8 02:01
I bought my 2 phantom vision plus yesterday, v3, and everything was working, unless the IOC, when I  ...

That is the very same problem I am having  I hope this gets fixed soon
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Shofie Hi I need an urgent solution please. for it is to work and depend on it
Thank you
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

fotoarraiz@gmai Posted at 2014-12-2 16:46
Shofie Hi I need an urgent solution please. for it is to work and depend on it
Thank you

Hi, please send an Email to support.europe@dji.com for help.
2014-12-2
Use props
Screwed
New

United Arab Emirates

Well well is that not a typical response from DJI please send an e mail- Hey why not just fix it with new firmware and make us all happy
2014-12-2
Use props
bellarue
lvl.2

United States

Screwed Posted at 2014-12-2 21:48
Well well is that not a typical response from DJI please send an e mail- Hey why not just fix it wit ...

I'm with "Screwed" just when is DJI going to fix this problem with the gimbal, and who is this Sophie?  Who else is getting the same symptoms as I, when you first power up the Phantom the gimbal works, if you power down and then power back up it doesn't work, wait 10 or 15 minutes and power up again it works go figure.
2014-12-2
Use props
jjglez08
New

Puerto Rico

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-1 17:21
Please try to use the 3.8 Assistant software, and check the IMU firmware again.

where is ver 3.8?
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

ericlonc@aol.co Posted at 2014-12-1 23:57
I too have the same gimbal problem as a lot of people, my Phantom 2 vision + is only 3 days old di ...

Hi, when the gimbal is working well, connecting your Phantom to the Assistant software, could you see the ZEN imu info on Upgrade page?
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Sorry... this a mistake...the latest version of Assistant software is V3.6.
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

bellarue Posted at 2014-12-3 00:33
I'm with "Screwed" just when is DJI going to fix this problem with the gimbal, and who is this Sop ...

Hello bellarue, was this problem happen after you upgrade the firmware?
2014-12-2
Use props
bellarue
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-12-3 14:21
Hello bellarue, was this problem happen after you upgrade the firmware?

Yes, and it updated on it own so I didn't have a choice, you know I think DJI knows this is a problem so when are you going to do something about it.
2014-12-3
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

bellarue Posted at 2014-12-4 02:14
Yes, and it updated on it own so I didn't have a choice, you know I think DJI knows this is a prob ...

Hi bellarue, would you please kindly send us a screenshot of your Upgrade page. Also, please check is there any difference when the gimbal is working fine and when it stops working on the Upgrade page. Thanks.
2014-12-4
Use props
Screwed
New

United Arab Emirates

ROFLMAO hasn't DJI been telling us to upgrade to ver 3.8 or something like that now it ver 3.6 seriously I could be wrong but hey its entertaining me . DJI class customer support.
2014-12-4
Use props
mbsumait
New

Kuwait

bellarue Posted at 2014-12-2 06:14
That is the very same problem I am having  I hope this gets fixed soon

I am facing the same problem with my gimbal after the last update, it stopped working, i hope there will be new update, otherwise my phantom will be useless because of this small problem
2014-12-4
Use props
mbsumait
New

Kuwait

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-12-4 18:08
Hi bellarue, would you please kindly send us a screenshot of your Upgrade page. Also, please check ...

I hope you guys issue a new update fixing this problem. it happend right after the update my phantom is only 4 months old, and now gimbal is not working, and its all after the update.
2014-12-4
Use props
snorkay
New

Nepal

Yes it worked after calibrating RC...thanks
2014-12-5
Use props
ramibousarsar
New

United Arab Emirates

nordkapph20@yah Posted at 2014-11-28 17:54
Hi Shane, are you saying you can control the gimbal pitch up and down with the wheel on the new re ...

i have the same problem also   any solution  ?
2014-12-6
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

a mi me paso el primer dia que lo probe. por consejo del vendedor actualice el primer dia y el gimbal quedo muerto.
quiero un Phantom nuevo y funcionando o si no que me devuelvan el dinero.
No hay derecho que nos tengan asi los de DJI. yo he pagado y no lo he podido usar.
lo envie al vendedor y no me dicen nada. yo les pido a DJI que les digan me envien otro NUEVO o MI dinero. Gracias
2014-12-7
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

I spend my first day I tried it. Seller's advice update the first day and the gimbal stay dead.
want a new Phantom and running or if not my money back.
No rights that we hereby DJI. I paid and I have not been able to use.
I send the seller and not tell me anything. I ask DJI be told another NEW send me money or MI. Thank you
2014-12-7
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Yo lo compre para trabajar. y estoy perdiendo Clientes por este retraso.
DJI digan a los Vendedores de Spain que me den mi dinero o uno que funcione. pues el mio no lo pude disfrutar ni un minuto.
pues me paso el mismo dia que lo compre. quiero YA uno Funcionando o mi DINERO
Por favor hacerme caso DJI
Gracias
2014-12-7
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

I bought it to work. and I'm losing customers for this delay.
DJI tell Vendors Spain to give me my money or one that works. because mine so I could enjoy a minute.
because I spend the same day you buy it. Running one or YA want my MONEY
Please listen to me DJI
Thank you
2014-12-7
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

soy fotografo de bodas y lo necesito YA
Por favor quiero SOLUCION YA
Que me den uno que funcione Por favor , yo lo he pagado.
y no lo he usado
Por favor
Gracias
2014-12-7
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

I am a wedding photographer and I need it NOW
Please I want SOLUTION NOW
Give me one that works Please, I have paid.
and I have not used it
Please
Thank you
2014-12-7
Use props
Lingolook
New

United States

Same here - did the update December 3 and bingo the Gimbal is motionless - meaning not working anymore. I see I just joined the club of people with the same issue. Any troubleshooting fix tips anyone? I am on Mac.
2014-12-7
Use props
davidfisher45
New

United States

leivipaez42@hot Posted at 2014-11-16 07:19
i had the same problem.... i update the phantom vision+ to 3.8 and the gimbal don't work OMG!!!!! an ...

I had the same issues after updating the firmware on my 2+V3. Found this post and followed it carefully and corrected the problem completely:

Scroll wheel on the new Remote Controller
Postby Geert » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:34 am

BY MOPAR BOB.

I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great shit and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:

1. Un-install the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version with out telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.

2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. Its simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.

3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.

4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.

5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.

6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.

7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.

8.Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.

9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant. disconnect the PC from the Phantom.

10, Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.
2014-12-7
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Dying to hear how david's fix works out for people.  Poor fotoarraiz is losing his mind and business over this.  My Phantom is supposed to arrive Tuesday.  Can't wait to experience all the frustration everybody else is.   And DJI?  DJI not saying much, just cashing checks.
2014-12-7
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

hola estoy intentando hablar
2014-12-8
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Hello, we are already many with the same problem, and I want a solution YA
2014-12-8
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Thanks kjkisatsky, you at least do me case, the DJI or answered.
return me the money or give me another Phantom, I spend the first day and I could not start or run.
Please solution now, I need to work with the
Thank you
2014-12-8
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

fotoarraiz, did you contact customer service directly?  I would not rely on them reading about your problem on the forum.
2014-12-8
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-9 02:30
fotoarraiz, did you contact customer service directly?  I would not rely on them reading about your  ...

If, and I do not solve anything
2014-12-9
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

y no me hace caso nadie
esto es increible!!!
2014-12-9
Use props
ulisses
New

Brazil

rasto.stolar@ce Posted at 2014-11-1 21:08
I have problem with Update 3.08.

Hi Rasto i have the same problem with my phantom vision plus and are two phantom vision plus the two had the same problem .
DJI save us!!!!
2014-12-11
Use props
ydavicosta
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi Sophie, can you tell us, WHEN (especific date) DJI will be send a new update this firmaware to solve this problem?
A few days have ben past and nothing the solution!
We need the solution and responses!

Dji where are you?
2014-12-15
Use props
kyxzgl
New

Philippines

shaneappelbaum@ Posted at 2014-11-28 00:04
I had same gimbal problem. It hasn't been mentioned (I don't think), but you have to use a PC in o ...

this fix works.....i upgraded my Phantom using a Mac....but could not tilt the camera
i installed the Assistant Software in a PC.....connected through USB, clicked the RC tab
then the Basic tab......and the camera tilt on the iPhone now works many thanks
2014-12-20
Use props
bellarue
lvl.2

United States

cleber.frigo@ho Posted at 2014-11-8 02:01
I bought my 2 phantom vision plus yesterday, v3, and everything was working, unless the IOC, when I  ...

I have the same exact problem as you, the gimbal will work at start up but shut it down and power it back up and the gimbal is dead. The Zen imu on the update page in the PT2 software also doesn't show up in the updates. Wait several minutes and power up and it works fine, I really don't think its a heat problem.
2014-12-21
Use props
zeeobuddy
New

United States

had the same problem. Although my P2V+ had all the updated firmwares but I still updated all the firmwares and after that gimbal pitch control started doing exactly as shown in this video posted by another user

Then the pitch control just went dead, couldnt control it with RC or iphone vision app

I just found out at DJI forum

"one of my colleagues suggest that you might still try to calibrate your Tx (particularly X1, which controls gimbal) in both the Phantom assistant software and also RC software."

I did that and it is now working flawlessly.

I noticed that I did not calibrate my X1 control [gimbal control] in the Phantom assistant software but calibrated everything else and it was still working out of the box. It stopped working after updating firmwares and now its working again after recalibrating X1 control in both RC software and Phantom assistant software.

Hope it helps

Cheers !
2015-1-3
Use props
rigo282011
New

United States

pgoldthorpe@goo Posted at 2014-11-4 08:34
Hi Brian
Sorry to hear what I suggested did not work..
Did you re-install the new update and Power ...

try the calibration and reverse switch, mine was reversed and I switched it to normal. it is now working great... I took it out of the box today and it already came like that....
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules