45666 172 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrdanielgoode
New

United Kingdom

rasto.stolar@ce Posted at 2014-11-1 21:08
I have problem with Update 3.08.

Hi all . i got my phantom yesterday , first turn on the camera worked fine. Followed advice to update firmware and software. Now i have exactly the same issue. all works but no camera image from the phantom ,,,, not happy
2015-1-11
Use props
nick
New

Belgium

Anyone with a solution here? Besides sending it back to DJI and have to wait for a couple of months?
@DJI: any news on a firmware update that solves this issue? Any feedback at all?

Problem(s)
  • Upgraded my Vision Plus to 3.08
  • Gimbal went limp (it just hangs there)
  • 7th channel doesn't work any more (have an RC without scroll wheel)
  • Video still works (but moving the camera with the iOS app doesn't)
  • Assistant software says I have a Phantom Vision 2 (in stead of a Phantom Vision 2 +)
  • Assistant software does not show firmware version of gimbal anymore

Thanks!
2015-1-11
Use props
mrdanielgoode
New

United Kingdom

Hi i had the same problem , i carried out this and all works spot on . hope this helps. Needs binding with camera.

http://youtu.be/ta3yLwz6wuQ
2015-1-12
Use props
nick
New

Belgium

nick@appstrakt. Posted at 2015-1-12 15:55
Anyone with a solution here? Besides sending it back to DJI and have to wait for a couple of months? ...

Hey DJI,

when are you going to solve this problem? Or at least give a reasonable answer to your customers?
2015-1-21
Use props
brac010
New

United States

I called DJI today and spoke to them about the gimbal death after the 3.08 update.  They said that the firmware update killed it and I have to send it in for repairs at their cost.  She was unable to tell me what the problem was (firmware or fried gimbal) but said it would be a 4 week turnaround time.  It would be nice if they would at least tell us what the problem is and allow us to try to fix it by either wiping the firmware and doing a fresh install, or just mail us a new gimbal unit.  As it stands right now, you can fly it with the gimbal lock in place and have some fun.  This is a toy for me, but  I really feel bad for those of you who rely on this as income.  :@
2015-1-22
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

dont think there are any in the US that rely on this as income since the FAA prescribes against that currently except in some very specific circumstances where they are testing the waters.  i guess there are not the same restrictions globally so there could be others that are international relying on this for income tho, and for them, i guess you are right.  
2015-1-22
Use props
brac010
New

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-23 00:41
dont think there are any in the US that rely on this as income since the FAA prescribes against that ...

there are a lot of realtors and photographers doing it regardless of the laws.
2015-1-23
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

brac, that may be true, but if so, i dont really feel 'sorry for them' for the lost revenue at that point.  if you circumvent the law and the tool you are using to do that breaks, then just drop more money on another tool, i wont feel sorry for you
2015-1-23
Use props
bho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19577 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Phantom 2 H3-3D gimbal died after firmware update, here's what got it started again for me. Sometimes you need to do this procedure more then once before it will correct dead gimbal problem.

1. Connect Phantom 2 with dead Gimbal to computer
2. Power off Phantom 2
3. Using a paperclip or jumper, jumper the 2 dots on gimbal PC board (see photo)
4. Switch on the Phantom 2
5. I see the red and yellow LED together, removed the paperclip
6. Open DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.6 on the computer
7. The Gimbal Update 1.12 appears
8. I click on Update
9. After updating plug in GoPro camera
10. The Messages with "Power off" appears, turn the Phantom 2 off (recycle power)
11. Turn the Phantom 2 on again
12. The Gimbal make now the start calibrating and in the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.6 App the Gimbal is showing again
2015-1-23
Use props
brac010
New

United States

that is working for the H3-3D, unfortunately, it does not work for the Vision Plus Gimbal.  After speaking with DJI twice, it appears that it burned something out.  I don't know if it is the motors or circuit board, but I was told that DJI will not let the authorized dealers do the repair and it has to be sent in to DJI.  
2015-1-24
Use props
abowser.email
New

Canada

Phantom Vision 2 plus v3.0 bought yesterday, got a few runs with it, then after my last one I was plugging into the USB to download the footage, and the camera gimbal started to go all wonky and now it doesn't work and won't respond to any tilt controls from the iPhone or the tilt wheel on the remote control.

All up to date software and firmware, I tried redoing the Zen IMU firmware, which failed, power cycled, and still the same issue. Not sure what to do. Removing the back panel of the motor (as discussed here http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20514 ), everything seems aligned...
2015-1-24
Use props
nick.soefje.gma
lvl.1

United States

Another user where gimbal won't tilt up and down.......

Brand new Phantom 2 V + V3 about 3 days old.
All was fine my first 3-4 flights

Upgraded camera to v1.3.0g and now I can't tilt camera.
Strange why this firmware on the camera is possibly causing issues with the gimbal. I did not update any gimbal firmware. I'm assuming it was auto updated by the DJI Vision Assistant.

Calling my vendor. (B&H)
2015-1-29
Use props
kacza23
New

Poland

I also can not calibrate the gimbal. I'm doing the activities mentioned or first rc vision assistant and later assistant and plug the Phantom and gimbal runs until the cable connection. How to remove the cable and restart the gimbal do not work. From purchase gimbal I worked two days and stopped working. Sometimes the fifth turning gimbal later works and does not work again. What to do ???
2015-1-31
Use props
local47hand.gma
New

United States

Im having the exact same problem and it says its connected to the phantom wifi on my iphone 6plus and when i open the dji vision app it says that its connected then i tap on the camera button and the same thing happens just like in the picture you posted.
2015-2-4
Use props
local47hand.gma
New

United States

Same exaxt problem with me and its so frustrated that i just spent all this money for it to not connect when it says under my wifi settings on my phone that it is connected and also in the home screen of the app and then i click on camera and the same thing happenes as the picture you posted.
2015-2-4
Use props
raulfanani.gmai
New

Brazil

Hello! Im having the same problem, i bouth my deone in US and bring to Brazil, i live here. How can i send to fix it here??

DJI shoul give us an solution to be done in home! Its not my fault to it get broken because of an uptade!
2015-2-4
Use props
raulfanani.gmai
New

Brazil

There is any official mode to repair this problem??

Thanks
2015-2-6
Use props
esafonov
New

Russia

I have the same troubles.  DJI support is not answering my e-mails for an 2 years. I will not write more, I just making a video for youtube, this days. It will be epic video "All you want to know about DJI quadrocopters before you pay". I wish DJI to shut down forever, I wasted too much, now it is payback time, my little friends.
2015-2-8
Use props
juhonattinen
New

Finland

Same problem here :@
2015-2-8
Use props
raulfanani.gmai
New

Brazil

5 days and no answer! Thats ridiculous!
2015-2-10
Use props
dwjs1974
New

United Kingdom

I have an issue the camera doesnt display video after the update.
looking at this tread in the forum looks like people have updated and a vision +thead has turned into a vision with a go pro thread then mixing it up..

If you get no video on your phone or android device but get telematory information
see if your camera works on your phone click record goto the sd card in your software and see if you have a video this is what has happened to me..
The camera is working fine in respect it will video and the gimbal moves  just no external video. my problem happened when i upgraded the firmware using 3.2 assitant this picked up an update for the gimble ..

it did the updates said all was fine it was only when i came to do preflight checks i noticed there was no video
I then had a look online updated the phantom+ assistant software

once updated i had an update for the gimble thought it may fix it however this did nothing restarted my phantom.

no video I took the shell off to check cables are all connected ok & its all golden...  I dont know what else i can do except get a new camera but i dont want to do this if its just gong to happen again.

many thanks for your time reading.

I love this device it brings me a lot of entertainment...

Dave
2015-2-22
Use props
damian191
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4115955 ft
  • >>>
Poland

If found solution for me, after update i have to recalibrate Sticks Monitor

2015-2-25
Use props
christopher.bia
New
United States

Has anyone tried the new 3.12 firmware on their Vision+ where the gimbal died due to upgrading 3.08? I didn't see the issue being addressed in the release notes.

As a previous poster mentioned, the 3.08 update fried the gimbal internals and the only recourse is to send it in. Do we definitively know that this is the case?
2015-3-4
Use props
brylpete
New

United States

I just purchased my V3 RC for my P2V+.  Prior to it arriving I was a little apprehensive when I realized the problems people had "binding" the new Controller to the Phantom.   I perused the blogs and found the step-by-step info below.  IT WORKS....Perfectly!!!  I certainly DO NOT want to take credit for this.  I looked back to locate the information again to thank that individual for posting it but couldn't find his post again. Even though it's dated relative to SW versions, it still applies.

Here it is....
-------------
Problem Solved: Let me Explain. I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great shit and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:

1. Un-install the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version with out telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.

2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. Its simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.

3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.

4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.

5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.

6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.

7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.

8.Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.

9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant. disconnect the PC from the Phantom.

10, Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

-------------

Good Luck!  Hope this works for you!
2015-3-4
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Just joined the club, gimbal no longer working after software upgrade.  DJI rep says to wait for a fix...grrrrr
2015-3-5
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

Geoffdb Posted at 2015-3-6 09:40
Just joined the club, gimbal no longer working after software upgrade.  DJI rep says to wait for a f ...

I wonder if he means wait for someone on the forum to get you out of your fix! We are the quality control.

Man, you must be cranky!

Regards

Guy
2015-3-5
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-6 09:58
I wonder if he means wait for someone on the forum to get you out of your fix! We are the quality  ...

Eh? Uhhhhh...ok lol.

Anyway, DJI responded to my email regarding the fried gimbal...

"Thank you for contacting DJI

Unfortunately the only other option is to issue you an RMA to have our Tech reset your gimbal.

In order to be issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, we encourage you to call our support staff via phone to discuss your options."
2015-3-7
Use props
stevewoolf
New

United Kingdom

Just purchased a Phantom Vision 2 Plus. Gimbal camera tilt control was working via the phone screen. Calibrated the aircraft via the DJI software downloads now tilt control does not work. No error messages. The tilt control indicator to the right of the phone screen when in app mode constantly shows red. I have tried everything I think? Any ideas please? This is my second DJI product so very disappointed as there is no point withhout active camera tilt function. I would appreciate a response from DJI. Thank you.
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

stevewoolf@btin Posted at 2015-3-8 19:37
Just purchased a Phantom Vision 2 Plus. Gimbal camera tilt control was working via the phone screen. ...

Check the gyroscope on the left right above the up/down arrows.  With that on, you can control the tilt of the camera by tilting your phone.  Tap it to make it go off.  If it is on, you cannot use the arrows to tilt the camera.
2015-3-8
Use props
mathiasb
New

Norway

It`s been 4 months since this thread was started! My gimbal on my vision+ is dead. Does anybody have any new answer to this problem?
2015-3-11
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

rasto.stolar@ce Posted at 2014-11-1 22:14
All users of DJi Phantom have problem with update 3.08. We must waiting for the next update...maybe  ...

With a lot of user who have done the upgrade and clicked on the IMU to upgrade have now found themselves with no working gimbals. The update bricked the IMU and changed the vision + to a standard vision without a gimbal. I have tried every possible fix to no avail. We're gone to have to get DJI to give us a patch up reinstall the IMU firmware before the gimbal will work again. some users have be told to send.  Their quad for repairs. I think this is unacceptable and the should provide a patch.
2015-3-11
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

omri.baumer@gma Posted at 2014-11-22 00:08
I tried, it didnt work.
and the Assistant software still tells me I have a Phantom 2 Vision and not  ...

We're in the same boat. What happened is the firmware for the Zen IMU was removed during the update. Without it the gimbal is bricked or shall we say dead. DJI will have to give us a patch or upgrade. If not there is going to be a lot of us having to send our quads in for repair.

hope your reading this Sophi
2015-3-11
Use props
rlstolz
New

United States

davidfisher45@g Posted at 2014-12-8 12:14
I had the same issues after updating the firmware on my 2+V3. Found this post and followed it care ...

This worked perfectly for me.  Thank you very much.
2015-3-12
Use props
max3d
lvl.1

Romania

davidfisher45@g Posted at 2014-12-8 12:14
I had the same issues after updating the firmware on my 2+V3. Found this post and followed it care ...

Thank you!
This post is gold!

You're a life saver.
I've just got my new Phantom vision plus yesterday. I did everything by the book, update everything and went out for a first flight.
It turned out I couldn't move my camera (which was facing straight down) with the wheel on the RC or from the phone. You can't imagine the disappointment I've felt after spending so much for this.
After several hours of research I've found this thread and give your solution a try.
Worked like a charm from the first time, I was just about to ask for a refund on my Phantom.
Now I can enjoy it even more!
One small advice I have for other people going through this...don't force your gimbal. If you see your camera point in just one direction only (also mine was vibrating), I suggest you turn off your Phantom immediately. My point is you do not want to stress your gimbal motors and electronics until something burns.
Turn off your Phantom, read this thread carefully and you'll get your toy  up nad ready in no time.

I also think that DJI should post this solution someplace easier available. I believe there are tons of people who think they just fried their brand new Phantom.

Thank you again David, wherever you are.
Sincerely,
Max from Romania
2015-3-20
Use props
gui_daldegan
New

Brazil

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-3-12 12:05
We're in the same boat. What happened is the firmware for the Zen IMU was removed during the updat ...

Hi, im having the same problem firmware 3.12 gimbal not working, camera is ok, and on the software says vision only, not vision +
What we can do to correct this? just wait DJI release some patch to gimbal back to work? someone with the sabe issue fix it? I live in Brasil, i cant sand may P2V+ to assistant or dealer.
2015-4-8
Use props
gui_daldegan
New

Brazil

raulfanani.gmai Posted at 2015-2-11 02:43
5 days and no answer! Thats ridiculous!

Brasileiro? Ja corrigiu o problema? vamos cv pelo facebook
2015-4-8
Use props
bensout.gmail
New
Flight distance : 26089 ft
Myanmar

Does anyone have a solution yet for this ridiculously BAD update from DJI yet?

To release a firmware update without testing it thoroughly is criminal and they should be held accountable. People have projects that rely on the use of the Phantoms and leaving customers without solutions simply isn't good enough.

Any help with a failed gimbal on my Vision 2+ would be wonderful! Thank you in advance
2015-4-16
Use props
jarraya
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had the same problem and had to send it away to the dealer, who fixed it for me. However, they said it was not covered by warranty due to "incorrectly installed update". I didn't have the time to argue because I needed my camera back, but what a load of crap.
DJI caused fault due to a software error. DO NOT UPDATE your Phantom.  EVER!
2015-4-21
Use props
gary
New

United States

I just bought the Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse HD 3D running a Hero 3.  When I fist hooked it up everything worked fine so I decided to get everything put together.  Following the instructions and upgraded the firmware and low and behold I had the same problem as everyone here.  The HD stopped working although all the lights were on.  After running a google search I stumbled upon this board and a few others.  I saw the option of shorting the =board but was not too thrilled to do this but after several hours of nothing working I tries, and tried, and tried,  It was not working.  I finally found a You Tube video that instructed to use a small scissor and that finally worked.  I shorted the board, plugged the unit in to the assistant again and low and behold the gimbals showed up.  I updated the HD firmware and it finally worked again.  What I don't get is all of this string is from November 2014 and it is now April 2015.  Why id DJI still offering this upgrade and WHY have they not fixed it.  It makes me wonder if I bought the right product from the right company.  It seems VERY negligent to keep offering this upgrade without a fix.  I will not trust any upgrades from this company again.
2015-4-22
Use props
gary
New

United States

I just bought the Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse HD 3D running a Hero 3.  When I fist hooked it up everything worked fine so I decided to get everything put together.  Following the instructions and upgraded the firmware and low and behold I had the same problem as everyone here.  The HD stopped working although all the lights were on.  After running a google search I stumbled upon this board and a few others.  I saw the option of shorting the =board but was not too thrilled to do this but after several hours of nothing working I tries, and tried, and tried,  It was not working.  I finally found a You Tube video that instructed to use a small scissor and that finally worked.  I shorted the board, plugged the unit in to the assistant again and low and behold the gimbals showed up.  I updated the HD firmware and it finally worked again.  What I don't get is all of this string is from November 2014 and it is now April 2015.  Why id DJI still offering this upgrade and WHY have they not fixed it.  It makes me wonder if I bought the right product from the right company.  It seems VERY negligent to keep offering this upgrade without a fix.  I will not trust any upgrades from this company again.
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules