Using Fat Shark Dominator with P3
980 8 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans79fdc737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3993 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 and a set of Fat Shark Dominator V3.  First I tried a lightning to DMI adapter and tried going from/Ipad/iphone into the Mini DMI connector on goggles, for some reason the DMI from iphone is no compatible with goggles.  It is my understanding that a NVIDIA Shield tablet which has a mini DMI out built in will work , It is Android so I can use the DJI go app, but I am trying to confirm this before I buy another Tablet.  Anyone out there who can advise me on this or how can I FPV with these goggles and my P3

2018-4-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You do have the HDMI Connector accessory added to your controller dont you? if not this will be much cheaper than buying the Shield K1
2018-4-16
Use props
fans79fdc737
lvl.2
United States

As far as I know there is no addon for the Standard controller.  I do have an adapter for Iphone and ipad but they are not comparable.  If you know of an adapter kit for P3 Standard I would be interested
2018-4-17
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

I have the exact set-up you're interested in and it does work. The view in your goggles is exactly what is displayed on the tablet, albeit it's as if you're holding the tablet at a fair distance. Some of the telemetry is not easy to read, but the picture is acceptable. The only negative I have is the audio from your speakers is disabled so you will not hear any warnings, shutter effects, or dings from your video on/off.
2018-4-17
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4

fans79fdc737 Posted at 2018-4-17 04:49
As far as I know there is no addon for the Standard controller.  I do have an adapter for Iphone and ipad but they are not comparable.  If you know of an adapter kit for P3 Standard I would be interested

The optional adapter for the P3 controller is for Advanced and Pro controllers only. The controller that comes with the P3 Standard is not compatible. Your only option is to use a tablet with HDMI output.
2018-4-17
Use props
Klaesser
lvl.2
United States

Thanks LarBear360, using the tablet (199.00) is much more preferable than buying a P4
2018-4-17
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4

Klaesser Posted at 2018-4-17 05:31
Thanks LarBear360, using the tablet (199.00) is much more preferable than buying a P4

10-4. It's more work but if you want audio you can plug some earbuds into the Fatsharks. Haven't tried it yet but I can confirm there is an audio jack on the Fatsharks.
2018-4-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah my bad, didnt know it wasnt available for the P3 standard....
2018-4-17
Use props
Klaesser
lvl.2
United States

Maybe you can help on this -I have a RCA tablt with a HDMI out on it but it does not show a picture on the Dominator when I plug it it in.  I press the select button on top and seleect either HDMI -2d or 3d and get nothing. Is there anything else I have to do? The manual says this "Receiver needs to be powered off in HDMI mode to prevent conflicting signals being sent to the display" Where do I turn the Receiver off, I see nothing on DOM to do this.
By the way the signal does show up on a TV monitor with a HDMI in, as does the Ipad to HDMI adapter.  I also had a set of Aomway goggles with HDMI but that did not work either so I returned them
2018-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules