Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dedicated device for Spark recommendations
515 3 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

I have been thinking about getting a device to dedicate to the spark.  Something that I could strip down and have only the DJI Go 4 app on it.  Lately on the forums I have been getting conflicting information about being able to do this.  Someone referred to having map issues and all of the recommendations were that he would need to connect to mobile data to download the maps before he could fly right.  Someone also said something about having the GPS turned on, and that the RTH was connected with the GPS of the device since the RC doesn't have its own GPS.  I had always thought this was dictated by the AC and its GPS not the device.  I would love some clarification on that.  

Either way is the consensus Android or IOS and if you use a dedicated device for flying what is it?
2018-4-16
Use props
Spruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146952 ft
United Kingdom

In before a mod copy/pastes in the recommended devices list which contains some really outdated android phones. For example the Samsung Note 3 is on the list but it will not run the app but more modern phones, like last years Google Pixel or S8 are not on there.

Personally I use my LG G5 which works great and you can pick one up pretty cheap nowdays. Best part is the removable battery since the DJI Go app eats battery like there's no tomorrow.
2018-4-17
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

I didn't even think about getting one with a removable battery, thanks for the suggestion!
2018-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Why not try Crystalsky it’s dedicated great viewing great storage and great battery life, you don’t need gps and I’m not sure how often you use maps I’ve been flying for a good number of years I’ve used maps twice, but can cache maps.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules