Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick upgrade question
974 5 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
felixodiaz
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Hi, is it necessary to erase or format the SD card before downloading and applying the new v1.1.8 update?
2015-5-8
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I just erased the old firmware file added the new one , inserted the card , and powered on the p3 . all good .. took around 5 minutes to update .   then I did the same thing to the remote ..
2015-5-8
Use props
felixodiaz
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Total Posted at 2015-5-9 08:47
I just erased the old firmware file added the new one , inserted the card , and powered on the p3 .  ...

Thanks for the reply, just didn't want to screw up and spend hrs figuring out what I did wrong.
2015-5-8
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

felixodiaz Posted at 2015-5-9 10:11
Thanks for the reply, just didn't want to screw up and spend hrs figuring out what I did wrong.

glad to help ...
2015-5-8
Use props
GTDronePilot
lvl.3

United States

felixodiaz Posted at 2015-5-9 10:11

Just incase you need any help you can watch this video

2015-5-8
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

If you have an old update on your card (i.e., you still have a .bin file there) it needs to be removed. Copy the new .bin file onto the SD card, then start your update process.

Make sure you put the .bin file in the root directory of the card. DO NOT PUT THE
.bin FILE IN ANY DIRECTORY EXCEPT THE ROOT DIRECTORY.

Apparently there has been more than one user who loaded the .bin file into  one of the directories/folders used for photos/media. The update process will not search there for the .bin file.
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules