8013 109 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PH2DW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is Dlog on the sd fixed with the new firmware?
2018-4-21
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will DJI GO 4 4.2.14 be released? I don't see it in the app store.

Tom,
2018-4-21
Use props
fans8eaa1373
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having issue connecting Inspire 2 with Assistant 2 v1.2.3. Cannot calibrate vision sensors and IMU as a result.  Since calibration in recommended, will this be an issue if I updated the firmwares?
2018-4-21
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-18 06:33
So, if I understand correctly, if we have 10 batteries we have to perform the update 5 times? And then we have to wait 72 hours until we can fly at all!!? Is this correct?
Has anyone tried the update yet? Does it actually work?

My understanding is that only batteries that have been affected by the error message issue need to stand for 72hrs. I have 6 batts. 2 were showing the error. I left the2 bad ones for 72hrs and flew the others within 12 hrs of charging. All flew OK. The bad ones which were previuosly reading as out of balance seemed to balance as they discharged. Overall the FW update is good for me. Just the RC charge lights don't go out when charge is complete.
2018-4-22
Use props
619Pilot
lvl.1
United States

I am attempting to update through the Cendence with Crystal Sky 7.85". The I2 connects with the remote, sees that the I2 is out of date, but the Start Update button is grayed out. Tried with the X7 first then with the X5. What's up?

Is there a special cable needed to connect through USB? I'm using a generic USB which seems to fit. Would be real cool if we didn't need to connect via cable for these updates. The full size USB on the I2 when trying to mate with a MacPro laptop with it's USB-C only inputs is challenging. Do they even make that cable?
2018-4-22
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

619Pilot Posted at 2018-4-22 23:43
I am attempting to update through the Cendence with Crystal Sky 7.85". The I2 connects with the remote, sees that the I2 is out of date, but the Start Update button is grayed out. Tried with the X7 first then with the X5. What's up?

Is there a special cable needed to connect through USB? I'm using a generic USB which seems to fit. Would be real cool if we didn't need to connect via cable for these updates. The full size USB on the I2 when trying to mate with a MacPro laptop with it's USB-C only inputs is challenging. Do they even make that cable?

To connect your I2 to MacBook or MacBook Pro with USB-C ports, use a USB-C to USB adapter (Apple part number MJ1M2AM/A) in conjunction with the USB-A cable that comes with your I2 (or any standard USB-A cable).
2018-4-23
Use props
DroneBr0
lvl.1
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-23 08:43
To connect your I2 to MacBook or MacBook Pro with USB-C ports, use a USB-C to USB adapter (Apple part number MJ1M2AM/A) in conjunction with the USB-A cable that comes with your I2 (or any standard USB-A cable).

Thanks for that. I'm in a remote area so don't have access to a variety of cables. My question remains about the Update.
2018-4-23
Use props
DroneBr0
lvl.1
United States

To restate the question for clarity:
1. Can the I2 with X7 be updated through the Cendence / Crystal Sky 7.85"?
2. If so, what are the exact, specific (not generic how-to for all products) steps in order?
3. Are there known issues with this combination of products being used together?
4. How are the related products like batteries, lenses and X5 gimbal to be updated? Again, specific steps in order please.
Thank you and standing by
2018-4-23
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

DroneBr0 Posted at 2018-4-23 10:09
2. If so, what are the exact, specific (not generic how-to for all products) steps in order?

you need the crystal sky connected to a wireless net work then connect the crystal sky usb to the inspire 2 usb and you should be able to update through go4 app ?
2018-4-23
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

if you are getting the internet on your macbook through a ethernet cable share this connection (system preferences/sharing/internet sharing) with your built in wifi
2018-4-23
Use props
DroneBr0
lvl.1
United States

Flo,
I appreciate your input. My questions are directed to DJI Support. I'm looking for official technical answers to resolve this. I have already wasted hours on noodling around with potential solutions.  This is DJI's top level gear - does it work together and how.

My four above questions remain open
2018-4-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-20 01:59
Vision system means the obstacle avoidance system,  we have the Vision System Calibration Plate in the package which is used to calibrate the vision system, sorry that there is no tutorial video about how to calibrate the vision system of Inspire 2, please refer to the tutorial video of phantom 4:

Hi Mindy

So, I have updated to the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 v 1.2.3 and completely uninstalled the pervious versions. I am using a Windows 10 Pro PC and the A2 software has always worked just fine.
I cannot get my Inspire 2, Mavic Pro or Phantom to connect with A2 on my PC now....  What am I missing?

So with this said, I cannot calibrate obstacle avoidance system on my Inspire 2.

Please post the solution as soon as possible, my I2 is grounded

My Inspire 2 is already updated to the latest FW using my iPad

Rich
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-4-20 08:55
I tried a few times with DJI Ass. 2 from a Mac. It always failed. The app asked me if I wanted to submit the log automatically and I chose yes. The X7 was mounted.

I then tried with an iPhone, I then tried the iPad, still failed.

Elektrica, I understand your previous post, the log what we need is from DJI Assistant 2, which contains more details and useful info, please follow my post in 38# to export the logs from DJI Assistant 2 and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here, thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-4-21 03:57
When will DJI GO 4 4.2.14 be released? I don't see it in the app store.

Tom,

Tom, the latest DJI Go 4 is DJI GO 4 V4.2.12, I don't remember we mentioned V4.2.14.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8eaa1373 Posted at 2018-4-21 16:44
Having issue connecting Inspire 2 with Assistant 2 v1.2.3. Cannot calibrate vision sensors and IMU as a result.  Since calibration in recommended, will this be an issue if I updated the firmwares?

Do you mean Inspire 2 cannot be recognized by DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.3? Is the driver installed successfully? Please try to re-install the program and make sure the USB Mode Switch in the aircraft is toggled to PC mode. GTScreenshot_20180424_143455.png
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, the upgrade process has been described very clear in the tutorial video:
If you would like to update the firmware via CrystalSky, you will need a Micro USB cable, one end connects to the CrystalSky Micro USB port, the other end connects to USB Mode Switch in the aircraft.
If you would like to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, dual USB cable is essential which has been included in the package when you purchased it.
Please let me know if you have further queries.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-23 11:21
Hi Mindy

So, I have updated to the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 v 1.2.3 and completely uninstalled the pervious versions. I am using a Windows 10 Pro PC and the A2 software has always worked just fine.

Rich, I have replied your PM, please check.
2018-4-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 23:16
Rich, I have replied your PM, please check.

Thank you Mindy

Please see my reply

Have a great day
Rich
2018-4-24
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 22:17
Elektrica, I understand your previous post, the log what we need is from DJI Assistant 2, which contains more details and useful info, please follow my post in 38# to export the logs from DJI Assistant 2 and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here, thanks for your understanding.

I will Thanks
2018-4-24
Use props
AllDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138629 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 22:21
Tom, the latest DJI Go 4 is DJI GO 4 V4.2.12, I don't remember we mentioned V4.2.14.

hey Mindy, look on page 1 of this thread ... you did mention V4.2.14 is required ... also its in the release notes at the very top of the thread

Added support for two new POI functions, including tapping on the map and flying the aircraft to the desired location (requires app v4.2.14).
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-24 07:08
Thank you Mindy

Please see my reply

Rich, here are the steps about how to reinstall the drivers using Device Manager on PC, you may have a try.
1. Power on the aircraft and connect it to PC via USB cable;
2. Select the Start button on PC, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results;
3. Expand one of the categories to find the name of Unknown device, then right-click it, and select Update Driver; image2018-1-23 19_44_23.png
4. Select Browse my computer for driver software andclick Browse and go to where the drivers located.
image2018-1-23 19_50_49.png image2018-1-23 20_4_46.png
5. Click Next and then the drivers will be installed.
ddd.png
After installing the drivers, re-plug the USB cable and launch DJI Assistant 2, then the Unknown Device should be gone from the Device Manager and DJI Assistant 2 should recognize the aircraft.
If the issue still persists, please reboot the PC.  

2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AllDroneService Posted at 2018-4-24 14:05
hey Mindy, look on page 1 of this thread ... you did mention V4.2.14 is required ... also its in the release notes at the very top of the thread

Added support for two new POI functions, including tapping on the map and flying the aircraft to the desired location (requires app v4.2.14).

Thanks for your clarification, sorry that I missed this point, I have confirmed with our developer, there is no news about the release date of V4.2.14 at the moment, appreciate your patience.
2018-4-24
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I updated the drone the other day, and took it for a flight yesterday, it seems to be alot more unstable than it used to be.

Ill have to upload a small video to let you see when i get home later, but basically, whats happening is the aircraft isnt compensating for movement or wind as smoothly as it used to, and now is more of a jerking motion. i mean it seems to fly fine other wise, but whats really suffering is my video footage. with the 25mm lens, the footage is considerably "jerky", where the camera keeps doing small "hops".

is anyone else after getting this?

(note: I skipped the last update because i saw people were having problems with it, so ive gone from firmware 2 versions old to the newest)
2018-4-25
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2018-4-25 00:21
I updated the drone the other day, and took it for a flight yesterday, it seems to be alot more unstable than it used to be.

Ill have to upload a small video to let you see when i get home later, but basically, whats happening is the aircraft isnt compensating for movement or wind as smoothly as it used to, and now is more of a jerking motion. i mean it seems to fly fine other wise, but whats really suffering is my video footage. with the 25mm lens, the footage is considerably "jerky", where the camera keeps doing small "hops".

Try a IMU Calibration , Compass calibration, And vision sensor calibration.
2018-4-25
Use props
xefudo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7857828 ft
Portugal

bobo Posted at 2018-4-25 02:41
Try a IMU Calibration , Compass calibration, And vision sensor calibration.

I canot calibrate vision sensors. App error? Firmware?
2018-4-25
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

xefudo Posted at 2018-4-25 04:19

To calibrate vision it must be done thru Assistant2. (Use currant software ver 1.2.3)
2018-4-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-24 23:44
Rich, here are the steps about how to reinstall the drivers using Device Manager on PC, you may have a try.
1. Power on the aircraft and connect it to PC via USB cable;
2. Select the Start button on PC, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results;

Hi Mindy,     

I appreciate you taking the time by adding your detailed information regarding the Assistant 2 software. !!  For others that read this, please note the drivers are inside the Assistant 2 program folder, under drivers.

Based on this information, I do not have a issue with the USB cable connection or drivers.  This is a screen shot showing that the USB DJI driver is functioning but no connection in the Assistant 2 program. I have tried to connect my P4P, Mavic and Inspire 2.  still not working

Any other ideas?

Rich

2018-04-25.png
2018-4-25
Use props
rent
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-25 09:09
Hi Mindy,     

I appreciate you taking the time by adding your detailed information regarding the Assistant 2 software. !!  For others that read this, please note the drivers are inside the Assistant 2 program folder, under drivers.

May I suggest you go thru the following checklist regarding your USB connection problem:

1) Do other USB devices (external hard drives, card readers, keyboard, mouse) work when connected to the same port you are connecting your DJI aircraft? If not, most likely you have a bad USB port.

2) Do you have any anti virus software installed? Disable it if you do.

3) In your screen shot, can you expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" section and verify the items under that are all working?

4) Also under the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", look at each of the USB Root Hub's power management settings, make sure the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox is *not* checked.

5) If at all possible, try connecting your aircraft to a Mac running DJI Assistant.
2018-4-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-25 09:09
Hi Mindy,     

I appreciate you taking the time by adding your detailed information regarding the Assistant 2 software. !!  For others that read this, please note the drivers are inside the Assistant 2 program folder, under drivers. .

Mindy,

I got it working tonight    So When I had my Inspire 2 connected and the Assistant 2 software running, I went into the device manager and uninstalling com3 / com4 DJI USB drivers.
Uninstalling these Virtual Com port drivers will remove them from the PC

Now, I restarted Assistant 2 and my Inspire 2 afterwards and all connected perfectly. I tested my P4P and Mavic Pro which also connect without any problems.

Solved!

Rich
2018-4-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-25 20:21
May I suggest you go thru the following checklist regarding your USB connection problem:

1) Do other USB devices (external hard drives, card readers, keyboard, mouse) work when connected to the same port you are connecting your DJI aircraft? If not, most likely you have a bad USB port.

Thank you for your advice and ideas. Yes, I looked at everything earlier today and then gave it a break.  This is a pretty good idea, however my desktop machine doesn't seem to throttle these hubs on and off.  This is thinking outside the box !    ""4) Also under the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", look at each of the USB Root Hub's power management settings, make sure the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox is *not* checked.""

I ended up uninstalling both DJI USB Virtual Com 3 and Com 4 drivers. Once I restarted everything, it all worked fine again.  I later looked and saw some hidden drivers already assigned to Com3 and Com4... so this was my conflict and it took me a long time to figure this one out.  Uninstalling these Virtual Com port drivers will remove them from the PC.

Rich  
2018-04-25 (16).png
2018-4-25
Use props
rent
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-25 20:33
Thank you for your advice and ideas. Yes, I looked at everything earlier today and then gave it a break.  This is a pretty good idea, however my desktop machine doesn't seem to throttle these hubs on and off.  This is thinking outside the box !     ""4) Also under the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", look at each of the USB Root Hub's power management settings, make sure the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox is *not* checked.""

Hey glad to hear you got this sorted out.
2018-4-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-26 08:30
Hey glad to hear you got this sorted out.

Thanks rent.... I appreciate your comments and ideas. I am sure this will be helpful for others reading this in the future
I updated my post, as I didn't delete the Com 3,4 drivers. After reading my information I relegalized that I uninstalled them which uninstalls the drivers from the PC. Somehow these were causing some conflicts with other Com assignments  

Rich.
2018-4-26
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-20 02:22
Elektrica, did you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? Is there any error message when you mount X7? We will need the log from the following location:
Assistant 2(windows): C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC):~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log

Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90biw2q4tn40cwd/logsInspire2.zip?dl=0
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-25 20:29
Mindy,

I got it working tonight    So When I had my Inspire 2 connected and the Assistant 2 software running, I went into the device manager and uninstalling com3 / com4 DJI USB drivers.

Hi Rich, glad to know the issue was sorted out, what a good news, please keep me updated if there is any further issue.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

xefudo Posted at 2018-4-25 04:19

Bobos is right, please calibrate the vision system via DJI Assistant 2.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike9129 Posted at 2018-4-25 00:21

Hi Mike, it is OK to update the firmware to the latest version directly, please refer to bobo's suggestion to see if the issue persists after calibration. If yes, please share us a short video for further support, thank you.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thank you Elektrica, this is exactly what we need, but per your illustration, the X7 firmware upgrade has been completed and successful after your mount X5S and then X7, therefore, is there still any issue with the firmware upgrade?
2018-4-26
Use props
fans37c024db
lvl.2
Russia

After firmware update my RC it have a connection issue with dji go app. I am tryed many other cables and devices(phones, tablet), but no effect. Looks like there's a problem with the USB port on the RC. How could the firmware affect this?
2018-4-26
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-24 23:47
Thanks for your clarification, sorry that I missed this point, I have confirmed with our developer, there is no news about the release date of V4.2.14 at the moment, appreciate your patience.

Ok, so now we have the firmware to support POI but no app! I hope it is not going to be another year for that also!

Regards,
Tom
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-4-26 23:51
Ok, so now we have the firmware to support POI but no app! I hope it is not going to be another year for that also!

Regards,

Tom, not this time, the APP should be ready very soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-4-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules