Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2018.04.18
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.02.0100
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0010
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.2.12 or above, Android V 4.2.12 or above

What's New?
  • Added support for adjusting the maximum velocity of aircraft’s real-time pitch/roll, orientation, and throttle with the Cendence remote controller’s left and right levers, which can be set in the app.
  • Added support for two new POI functions, including tapping on the map and flying the aircraft to the desired location (requires app v4.2.14).
  • Optimized an issue where the gimbal pan slowly drifts while the aircraft is hovering in Follow mode (requires Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7 firmware update).
  • Added re-centering gimbal function with the remote controller customizable button, which will re-center the gimbal pitch, roll, and pan (requires Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7 firmware update).
  • The gimbal will re-center automatically only when the pitch axis angle is less than zero degrees and the aircraft is landing at a height of 0.7 m, to avoid touching the ground.
  • Optimized a rare issue where some frames turn purple in the CINESSD video.
  • Fixed an issue where the lower parts of photos are overexposed when using the Zenmuse X7 and lenses with a mechanical shutter at high shutter speeds.
  •   23.97fps RAW videos have been updated to be recorded in 14-bit CinemaDNG format with the Zenmuse X7.
  • Added 5440×2880, 5120×2880, and 5280×2160 resolutions for CinemaDNG format videos with the Zenmuse X7.
  • Updated the resolution of 17:9 aspect ratio video from 3944×2088 to 4096×2160, and 16:9 aspect ratio video from 3712×2088 to 3840×2160 when recorded at 47.95/48fps in CinemaDNG format with the Zenmuse X7.
  • Camera sensor dead pixel correction can be carried out with the Zenmuse X7 and lenses with a mechanical shutter.
  • Updated battery firmware to optimize the cell voltage balance, which can fix the issue where battery cell abnormalities appears when cell voltage imbalance is detected. Keep the updated battery stationary for at least 72 hours and then check the abnormality again by installing the battery in the aircraft. Contact DJI Support if the issue cannot be solved by updating.
  • Optimized a rare issue where the remaining battery capacity is inaccurate, which can avoid the problem of inconsistent battery capacity when compared with the actual battery capacity.
  • Optimized the battery data communication logic to avoid rare battery communication abnormalities that appear during flight.
  • Fixed an issue where one battery cannot supply power after powering on the aircraft.
  • Fixed an issue where the battery cannot be turned on after being installed on the aircraft right after it has been removed from the charger.
  • Optimized the servo control logic to avoid a rare issue where the servo is damaged due to excessive resistance when the landing gear is used at low temperatures.
  • Fixed an issue where the right dial would not set the camera exposure parameters (ISO/EI, shutter speed, and aperture) when using the Inspire 2 standard remote controller as the Slave controller and Cendence as the Master controller.
  • Optimized control over the Inspire 2 standard remote controller camera exposure parameters. Rotate the dial clockwise to increase the exposure and counter-clockwise to decrease it.
  • Updated the Fly Safe system by including the current location of the mobile device into flight restriction strategies.

Notes:
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to former versions.
  • When using the Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
  • Ensure both the Master and Slave remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4, then retry.
  • It is recommended to calibrate the sensors and vision systems to ensure that the aircraft is working optimally.

[size=14.6667px]

2018-4-17
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Glad to see this update!
2018-4-17
Use props
MaxP4 - ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Great! I'm already updating!
2018-4-17
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Should I do the update twice, one with the x5s and one with the x7?
Thanks
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2018-4-17 23:12
Should I do the update twice, one with the x5s and one with the x7?
Thanks

That is correct, you will need to update twice with the different gimbal.
2018-4-17
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mindy,

So the release notes say to wait a minimum of 72hrs for the batteries, I assume these need to be fully charged beforehand? Also, what should I set the discharge days too? One, two or three daysor leave it at the default 10 days?
2018-4-18
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Also, is there videos on how to recalibrate the vision systems? Also, which sensors need to be recalibrated, the compass but what about the IMU?
2018-4-18
Use props
Aeroviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7789190 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

72 hours? Surely not! Can that be clarified please? Thank you
2018-4-18
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Thanks Mindy.
2018-4-18
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-4-18 03:43
Hi Mindy,

So the release notes say to wait a minimum of 72hrs for the batteries, I assume these need to be fully charged beforehand? Also, what should I set the discharge days too? One, two or three daysor leave it at the default 10 days?

After update, charge the batteries fully and leave for 72hrs.
2018-4-18
Use props
-Tobi-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12489137 ft
  • >>>
Germany

NO POI WITH CRYSTALSKY! WHY ? A FEW DAYS AGO A NEW FIRMWARE RELEASED, WHY YOU DONT INCLUDE THE CURRENT APP VERSION
2018-4-18
Use props
-Tobi-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12489137 ft
  • >>>
Germany

NO POI WITH CRYSTALSKY! WHY ? A FEW DAYS AGO A NEW FIRMWARE RELEASED, WHY YOU DONT INCLUDE THE CURRENT APP VERSION
2018-4-18
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-17 23:23
That is correct, you will need to update twice with the different gimbal.

So, if I understand correctly, if we have 10 batteries we have to perform the update 5 times? And then we have to wait 72 hours until we can fly at all!!? Is this correct?
Has anyone tried the update yet? Does it actually work?
2018-4-18
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-18 06:33
So, if I understand correctly, if we have 10 batteries we have to perform the update 10 times? And then we have to wait 72 hours until we can fly at all!!? Is this correct?

I believe it will only update aircraft and camera once but as you start again with a new set of batteries it will proceed to updating the next set of batteries.
2018-4-18
Use props
lvl.4
United States

daev2018 Posted at 2018-4-18 06:37
I believe it will only update aircraft and camera once but as you start again with a new set of batteries it will proceed to updating the next set of batteries.

So, basically this will ground all operations for 3 days? They can't be serious.
2018-4-18
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-18 08:19
So, basically this will ground all operations for 3 days? They can't be serious.

I did the update. The bird then the RC then each set of batteries. It took over an hour and a half, most time on the bird.

In an initial test (on the ground) this update seems to have finally addressed the purple frame issue that i could not seem to get rid of.

The rest we'll see about.

I'm presuming that the 72 hours is specific to batteries that had error problems, one of the other plague of issues covered on this forum. I think they are saying to wait 72hr before using batteries that had previously shown the failure errors. But I'm interpreting. I previously had no battery issues.
2018-4-18
Use props
Love Genre Film
lvl.1
United States

Is pro res raw coming to the X5S also? I don't need the shallower dof that  the s35 sensor of the x7 has. The compressed raw will be much better than the CNDG. Please bring this feature to the X5S.
2018-4-18
Use props
lvl.4
United States

WInged Eye Posted at 2018-4-18 09:13
I did the update. The bird then the RC then each set of batteries. It took over an hour and a half, most time on the bird.

In an initial test (on the ground) this update seems to have finally addressed the purple frame issue that i could not seem to get rid of.

So, in the video it says you don't have to be connected to continue updating the batteries? Does the I2 automatically began the update when you insert new batteries?
2018-4-18
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>

If you mean connected directly to the mobile device or pc/mac that's correct. I think the drone/RC & mobile device all have to be on and connected and you will get a prompt as DJIGo4 checks firmware. The reason to do them all at the same time is so you don't find yourself waiting with a client/shoot for the batteries to update.

Also particular to TB50'w right now this is a crucial update since there has been a issue with batteries erroring.
2018-4-18
Use props
lvl.4
United States

I updated a set of batteries through the Cendence and it bricked a battery. I had to redo the entire update thru DJI Asst2 and that fixed it. One person said to remove the CrystalSky from the Cendence to do the battery update. Man, this is confusing.
2018-4-18
Use props
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

I’ve updated my batteries via remote connection to the Cendence.
2018-4-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have successfully updated my Inspire 2, stock remote, camera, many sets of batteries and Cendence remote. Nice work on this new FW and I liked the fact that you could see exactly what modules were being updated and the percentage during the process.

Thank you DJI

Rich
2018-4-18
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI SUPPORT - can we get further explanation of this "Added support for two new POI functions, including tapping on the map and flying the aircraft to the desired location (requires app v4.2.14)."  So that seems straight forward, tap on map (like TAP FLY except on map) . . . is the second functionality actually POI mode (orbits???)
2018-4-18
Use props
Skyp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-18 13:55
I updated a set of batteries through the Cendence and it bricked a battery. I had to redo the entire update thru DJI Asst2 and that fixed it. One person said to remove the CrystalSky from the Cendence to do the battery update. Man, this is confusing.

For the other batteries that not upgrading with your drone in the first time, you only need the put them in the drone, after you power it up, the DJI GO 4 will push a message to you then you just need to  'slide' the button. And the batteries will be upgraded, only take few seconds for a set of batteries.
2018-4-19
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

The update went smoothly overall. There appears to be an issue with charging the RC after the update.

With the RC off, plugging in the charger results in some noise (fan noise?), and a periodic clicking / tapping sound about one sec apart. The white LEDs do not come on as they should indicating the RC is charging.

The "trick" to get the RC to start charging appears to be: with the RC off, single press and release the power button (as if to check the battery level), while the LED is lit, quickly plug in the charger.

There might be another issue, which I could not confirm yet. After getting the RC to charge with the above method, the 4 LEDs light up in sequence as if it's charging, but it never finishes even after about an hour and half of charging. I started out with full battery in the RC, did the update for RC, AC, X5S, 2 sets of batteries. One would think an hour and half charging the RC should top it off (so the LEDs turn off). I could not investigate this further as I did not want to leaving it plugged in while I slept.

DJI: This is obviously related to the firmware update so please investigate and correct ASAP.

Alex
2018-4-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-19 08:41
The update went smoothly overall. There appears to be an issue with charging the RC after the update.

With the RC off, plugging in the charger results in some noise (fan noise?), and a periodic clicking / tapping sound about one sec apart. The white LEDs do not come on as they should indicating the RC is charging.

Mine took a lot longer than an hour to charge up with this new firmware.  Maybe 2-3 hours before all four LED's went off indicating a full - or so I hope! - charge.

This was a big firmware update so I think it taxed the RC battery a lot more than normal.

Just completed the "Vision Sensor Calibration" too in the backyard in the shade (I get uneven lighting and shadows indoors on the glass plate calibration gizmo so outdoor shade seems to work better and a bit brighter too.).  First run through didn't take, but second one did.  Assistant 2 v1.2.0 seemed slow to respond to me moving the plate on the first run through using Windows 10-64 on a laptop, but much better on the second run and it said "Completed" with a green check-mark.
2018-4-19
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the RC off, plugging in the charger results in some noise (fan noise?), and a periodic clicking / tapping sound about one sec apart. The white LEDs do not come on as they should indicating the RC is charging.

Actually, I've had the "clicking charger experience" occasionally since the last firmware update, so I don't think it's related to the new firmware.
2018-4-19
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-4-19 10:23
Actually, I've had the "clicking charger experience" occasionally since the last firmware update, so I don't think it's related to the new firmware.

I've never paid attention to the sound of the RC while charging before so I couldn't say. But this issue of no LEDs lighting up when plugging in the charger is definitely a phenomenon after the latest firmware update.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-4-18 03:43
Hi Mindy,

So the release notes say to wait a minimum of 72hrs for the batteries, I assume these need to be fully charged beforehand? Also, what should I set the discharge days too? One, two or three daysor leave it at the default 10 days?

That is right, once you update the firmware, please fully charge the battery and then leave it alone for at least 72 hours, please set the discharge date over 3 days, once the voltage is balanced, then you can set the discharge date as you want.
2018-4-19
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, the update with the X7 mounted would not complete (Tried quite a few times). It worked fine the the X5 mounted and then it worked with the X7 as well.
2018-4-20
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

uploaded the error logs while trying to update with the X7, so DJI should be able to debug it.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-4-18 03:45
Also, is there videos on how to recalibrate the vision systems? Also, which sensors need to be recalibrated, the compass but what about the IMU?

Vision system means the obstacle avoidance system,  we have the Vision System Calibration Plate in the package which is used to calibrate the vision system, sorry that there is no tutorial video about how to calibrate the vision system of Inspire 2, please refer to the tutorial video of phantom 4:
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aeroviews Posted at 2018-4-18 05:04
72 hours? Surely not! Can that be clarified please? Thank you

Yes, that is correct, we recommend to fully charge the battery after the firmware upgrade and then leave it alone for more than 72 hours to see if the voltage will be balanced.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

-Tobi- Posted at 2018-4-18 06:28

POI requires APP v4.2.14 and above, the development of APP inside CrystalSky is a little bit later than the APP in mobile device, appreciate your patience.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-18 06:33
So, if I understand correctly, if we have 10 batteries we have to perform the update 5 times? And then we have to wait 72 hours until we can fly at all!!? Is this correct?

That is right, if you have 5 sets battery, please update 5 times, we recommend to fully charge the battery and leave them alone for at least 72 hours to see if the voltage is balanced.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Love Genre Film Posted at 2018-4-18 11:06
Is pro res raw coming to the X5S also? I don't need the shallower dof that  the s35 sensor of the x7 has. The compressed raw will be much better than the CNDG. Please bring this feature to the X5S.

It seems the Apple ProRes RAW will only be added to X7 at the moment, please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... or-apple-prores-raw Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alex, sorry for the trouble caused, please check my post in 14# of this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1314731
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-4-20 00:38
uploaded the error logs while trying to update with the X7, so DJI should be able to debug it.

Elektrica, did you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? Is there any error message when you mount X7? We will need the log from the following location:
Assistant 2(windows): C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC):~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
If the firmware still failed to be updated, please upload the log to Dropbox and post the link here, thank you.
2018-4-20
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-20 02:22
Elektrica, did you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? Is there any error message when you mount X7? We will need the log from the following location:
Assistant 2(windows): C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC):~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log

I tried a few times with DJI Ass. 2 from a Mac. It always failed. The app asked me if I wanted to submit the log automatically and I chose yes. The X7 was mounted.

I then tried with an iPhone, I then tried the iPad, still failed.

I then decided to mount the X5 and it worked fine. Then I mounted the X7 again and it worked.

Like I said, all logs have been submitted automatically.
2018-4-20
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I’ve tried assistant 2 several times using the Mac and it never goes past 0% before coming up with a fail message. I then open windows in boot camp and update using assistant there.

Is there any issues with assistant on the latest MacBook Pro using USB-C and running the latest OS? Assistant is updated to the latest version as well
2018-4-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules