Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-26 22:44
Thank you Elektrica, this is exactly what we need, but per your illustration, the X7 firmware upgrade has been completed and successful after your mount X5S and then X7, therefore, is there still any issue with the firmware upgrade?

No issue anymore, after upgrading with the X5
2018-4-27
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PH2DW Posted at 2018-4-21 00:51
Is Dlog on the sd fixed with the new firmware?

Nope! still not fixed
2018-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-26 22:30
Hi Rich, glad to know the issue was sorted out, what a good news, please keep me updated if there is any further issue.

Thank you Mindy

So far everything is working as it should now.  

Rich
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-4-27 01:29
No issue anymore, after upgrading with the X5

If the firmware has been upgraded successfully, it is not necessary to analyze the log, maybe it was just an
inexplicable glitch, thanks for your time to export it. Please let us know if there is any further issue.
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-27 19:24
Thank you Mindy

So far everything is working as it should now.  

2018-4-27
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7822553 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I did the update with an X5s and I noticed one problem. When I switch from Position mode to ATTI or back the camera turns on its own. It like pans about 50 degrees each time I switch modes and I have to recenter the camera every time.
2018-4-28
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

mandomatic Posted at 2018-4-28 16:31
So I did the update with an X5s and I noticed one problem. When I switch from Position mode to ATTI or back the camera turns on its own. It like pans about 50 degrees each time I switch modes and I have to recenter the camera every time.

Mindy has acknowledged this issue in this thread. The camera turning also occurs upon (manual) landing, as well as start of RTH.
2018-4-28
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Just flew for the first time after the firmware update.  For the most part, everything worked as normal except for video recording.  As long as I was just flying all around and taking bracketed pictures, everything was fine.  However, as soon as I hit record for video, I got a CPU overload warning.  As I type this, I'm thinking I need to check to make sure the video caching didn't get turned back on with the update.  My camera setting were reset and my battery warnings were reset, so I guess I better go check that too.  The only other thing out of the norm was the camera yaw on landing that others have reported.  As soon as the motors shut down, the camera made an abrupt  90 degree turn to the right.
2018-4-29
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Blackwood Posted at 2018-4-29 17:16
Just flew for the first time after the firmware update.  For the most part, everything worked as normal except for video recording.  As long as I was just flying all around and taking bracketed pictures, everything was fine.  However, as soon as I hit record for video, I got a CPU overload warning.  As I type this, I'm thinking I need to check to make sure the video caching didn't get turned back on with the update.  My camera setting were reset and my battery warnings were reset, so I guess I better go check that too.  The only other thing out of the norm was the camera yaw on landing that others have reported.  As soon as the motors shut down, the camera made an abrupt  90 degree turn to the right.

It's critical to recheck every single setting after firmware update to any component of the system. DJI has not yet reached, indeed, quite far from "it just works".
2018-4-30
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-20 02:06
POI requires APP v4.2.14 and above, the development of APP inside CrystalSky is a little bit later than the APP in mobile device, appreciate your patience.

can you explain how it works, tutorial?, can not find it
"edid", version 4.2.14?, latest update is 4.2.12 on ipad...
Vincent
2018-4-30
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-18 06:33
So, if I understand correctly, if we have 10 batteries we have to perform the update 5 times? And then we have to wait 72 hours until we can fly at all!!? Is this correct?
Has anyone tried the update yet? Does it actually work?

yes it works,finaly
2018-4-30
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-18 06:33
So, if I understand correctly, if we have 10 batteries we have to perform the update 5 times? And then we have to wait 72 hours until we can fly at all!!? Is this correct?
Has anyone tried the update yet? Does it actually work?

only with the cell error battery's you have to wait 72 hours, then they work again, very happy over here
2018-4-30
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 22:21
Tom, the latest DJI Go 4 is DJI GO 4 V4.2.12, I don't remember we mentioned V4.2.14.

DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.2.12 or above
2018-4-30
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

PH2DW Posted at 2018-4-21 00:51
Is Dlog on the sd fixed with the new firmware?

what I did see, I think so, i can also go to iso 100 in log now
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-4-30 11:25
can you explain how it works, tutorial?, can not find it
"edid", version 4.2.14?, latest update is 4.2.12 on ipad...
Vincent

DJI GO 4 V4.2.14 has been released in phases, and POI is available in this version, please update and have a try.
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Blackwood Posted at 2018-4-29 17:16
Just flew for the first time after the firmware update.  For the most part, everything worked as normal except for video recording.  As long as I was just flying all around and taking bracketed pictures, everything was fine.  However, as soon as I hit record for video, I got a CPU overload warning.  As I type this, I'm thinking I need to check to make sure the video caching didn't get turned back on with the update.  My camera setting were reset and my battery warnings were reset, so I guess I better go check that too.  The only other thing out of the norm was the camera yaw on landing that others have reported.  As soon as the motors shut down, the camera made an abrupt  90 degree turn to the right.

Hi Blackwood, the settings may be reset after the firmware upgrade, it is important to double check all the settings just in case any unexpected issues happen. For the last issue, our engineers are working on it and will get it sorted out soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-4
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 02:09
DJI GO 4 V4.2.14 has been released in phases, and POI is available in this version, please update and have a try.

Hi Mindy,
When will GO 4 update on the CrystalSky monitor? Still waiting for POI. :-) Thanks.
2018-5-4
Use props
fans984e300f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1332139 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys! I had problems with this latest update V01.02.0100. I connected the cristalsky to the aircraft, downloaded it and started the installation, when it arrived at 52% stopped updating and gave a communication error, rebooted the equipment as it sends to Dji, and restarted from where it had stopped, and followed, arriving in 77% to and again I restarted and repeated the same steps and stopped again to 89% and repeated the procedures again, for the fourth and last time it reached 99% and stopped again and locked, again I rebooted and did not request the update more, and I got the message "no image transmission signal". I already tested my x5s in another inspire 2 and it is working, I tested my RC and it is also working, in the "about" tab to know the versions in the equipment appears version of the "unknown" aircraft. I have already opened a call in Dji and I'm finding it very slowly, I do not want to resolve the situation, they asked me to perform some procedures, I did them and then they asked me to do it again, I've been in this situation since April 20th. I do not know what else to do! When I try to connect it directly to the crystal sky connected via the USB-C cable nothing happens, I tested it with an iphone 6 and then tested it on Dji assistant 2 on windows and mac os.
2018-5-6
Use props
fans984e300f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1332139 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys! I had problems with this latest update V01.02.0100. I connected the cristalsky to the aircraft, downloaded it and started the installation, when it arrived at 52% stopped updating and gave a communication error, rebooted the equipment as it sends to Dji, and restarted from where it had stopped, and followed, arriving in 77% to and again I restarted and repeated the same steps and stopped again to 89% and repeated the procedures again, for the fourth and last time it reached 99% and stopped again and locked, again I rebooted and did not request the update more, and I got the message "no image transmission signal". I already tested my x5s in another inspire 2 and it is working, I tested my RC and it is also working, in the "about" tab to know the versions in the equipment appears version of the "unknown" aircraft. I have already opened a call in Dji and I'm finding it very slowly, I do not want to resolve the situation, they asked me to perform some procedures, I did them and then they asked me to do it again, I've been in this situation since April 20th. I do not know what else to do! When I try to connect it directly to the crystal sky connected via the USB-C cable nothing happens, I tested it with an iphone 6 and then tested it on Dji assistant 2 on windows and mac os.
2018-5-6
Use props
spam8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4646516 ft
Netherlands

fans984e300f Posted at 2018-5-6 00:06
Hi guys! I had problems with this latest update V01.02.0100. I connected the cristalsky to the aircraft, downloaded it and started the installation, when it arrived at 52% stopped updating and gave a communication error, rebooted the equipment as it sends to Dji, and restarted from where it had stopped, and followed, arriving in 77% to and again I restarted and repeated the same steps and stopped again to 89% and repeated the procedures again, for the fourth and last time it reached 99% and stopped again and locked, again I rebooted and did not request the update more, and I got the message "no image transmission signal". I already tested my x5s in another inspire 2 and it is working, I tested my RC and it is also working, in the "about" tab to know the versions in the equipment appears version of the "unknown" aircraft. I have already opened a call in Dji and I'm finding it very slowly, I do not want to resolve the situation, they asked me to perform some procedures, I did them and then they asked me to do it again, I've been in this situation since April 20th. I do not know what else to do! When I try to connect it directly to the crystal sky connected via the USB-C cable nothing happens, I tested it with an iphone 6 and then tested it on Dji assistant 2 on windows and mac os.

Hello DJI support team,

Before the upgrade to new firmware I had log of purple movie shots.
Saw that after the firmware upgrade and update all sets of battery’s this should be fixed.  
But yesterday I flew again and still when on water and see the overexposed water samples I got still purple shots in water (also when create photo).
Do you have information how I can fix this after the firmware upgrade did not help, also added a PL filter on the X5S camera but give same problem.
Only thing did not do is update within DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.3 to factory default.

Kind regards,
Jelte van der Meer
2018-5-6
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please can you bring Pro Res RAW to the X5S camera aswell - We still paid £1600 for the software of Pro Res & DNG.
2018-5-8
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

I quote from DJI's latest release notes for the Inspire 2:

"1. Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to former versions.
2. When using the Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
3. Ensure both the Master and Slave remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
4. If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4, then retry.
5. It is recommended to calibrate the sensors and vision systems to ensure that the aircraft is working optimally."

Roughly translated, what this means is:

1. DJI plans to turn your Inspire 2 drone into an expensive paper weight which you won't be able to fix yourself.
2. Regardless whether you try to update the firmware with the lens attached or not attached, DJI's firmware update procedure will still brick your drone.
3. And after you upgrade the controller firmware, DJI will deliver random data into the configuration settings for the controller to prevent you using it until you load the configuration settings from your backup file.  No backup file?  Of course not - DJI provides no configuration backup utility.
4. And pigs fly, don't they?
5. DJI's firmware update procedure deletes all previous sensor and vision system configuration data, so the only way to restore it is to perform the calibration procedures again.

I also posted this on the "DJI modding lounge" forum on Facebook, and you may like to follow the many video guides on that forum to remove this stupid DJI-imposed firmware rollback limitation, before you try updating to the "latest firmware version".  The procedure for performing updates recommended in the "DJI modding lounge" videos also preserves all configuration settings on your drone.  No doubt DJI will be very upset that I posted this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azg981yRCmE

Thanks,
Rob
2018-5-8
Use props
fans2ed15f82
lvl.2

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-8 16:23
I quote from DJI's latest release notes for the Inspire 2:

"1. Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to former versions.

I was hoping for a simple firmware update to fix some of the I2 problems.  Camera drift etc.  I can see that may never happen with DJI.  

I started with a Mavic Pro, which I believe is a great drone, but I needed a better camera.  I bought the I2 for the X5S.  What an expensive turd it is.  Come on DJI  get it together
2018-5-12
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

There is no excusable reason for DJI to prevent reversion to previous versions of firmware and application software.
DJI's track record is that every new version of their software has serious bugs.
DJI's update procedures do not preserve user configuration and calibration settings.
Allowing users to roll back to previous known good software would at least mitigate the main risk of bricking your I2.
Allowing users to back up and restore their user configuration and calibration settings would make life easy for users, and would improve flight safety.
BUT DJI don't care about these things, which is why I've joined the DJI Modding forum to work round these serious issues.
There are many people on the DJI Modding forum, more clever than me, who have worked out how to fix the problems.

Thanks,
Rob
2018-5-12
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

So I did the update with an X5s and I noticed this problem:
Sometime when the aircraft loses the connection, it goes back home, but if I interrupt the RTH, the camera stays pointed in one direction. If I rotate the aircraft, the camera stays pointed as if tracking was activated.
I can only come back using the FPV camera.
2018-5-15
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-4 12:46
Hi Mindy,
When will GO 4 update on the CrystalSky monitor? Still waiting for POI. :-) Thanks.

Me too!!! We are waiting...
2018-5-15
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Please help, since the last FW update, can’t shoot on CDNG format, I mean I can shoot but the files on Premiere cc pro are purple, i can open the files on AE or LR and the looks normal, so the problem doesn’t come from the X7 or the x5s. Any have the problem?
Thanks
2018-5-15
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

dopey-tree Posted at 2018-5-8 05:47
Please can you bring Pro Res RAW to the X5S camera aswell - We still paid £1600 for the software of Pro Res & DNG.

I agree. X5S users have paid for the license, too.
2018-5-15
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So the release notes state that 'it is recommended to calibrate the sensors and vision systems.....', so does this also mean the IMU?

A while back (I think in the Mavic forums) the DJI engineers suggested to NOT calibrate the IMU as it is calibrated in a temperature controlled enviroment in the factory. Does this not stand anymore and now the recomendation is to calibrate?

If so, should we cold soke the inspire in the fridge or freezer for a few hours before doing the cal?
2018-5-16
Use props
AlexKaiser
lvl.2
Austria

What is the preferred update-procedure?

or

2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules