Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-24 15:45
Not true, there a a whole raft of things that DJI do not mention in the manual, all that proves is that they are awful at writing manuals. ANY ball bearing, open, shielded or sealed needs periodic lubrication, anyone who says it does not does not have a clue about mechanics. The trick is knowing how to do it and doing it sparingly.

I'm not really debating the actual benefit (or lack thereof) in oiling the bearings.  Personally, I think it's not necessary, but the real danger may be (as you yourself pointed out) overdoing it or doing it incorrectly.  

But none of that is my point.

My point is that when in doubt, do what the manufacturer suggests.  That goes doubly for any drone that is still under warranty.  In the case of a claim, why give them something to void your warranty over?  Conversely, if you're drone goes in for a bad motor (that you didn't lubricate), DJI isn't going to void the warranty because you failed to do something that they didn't tell you to do.  

So my advice is as much strategic as it is mechanic.  You infer that I don't have a clue about mechanics.   My dad pointed that out over 30 years ago (he was a heavy-equipment mechanic of the highest order).
2018-4-27
Use props
djiuser_fjZUWQE6SRsf
New

Romania

BobUnplugged Posted at 2018-4-27 05:04
I'm not really debating the actual benefit (or lack thereof) in oiling the bearings.  Personally, I think it's not necessary, but the real danger may be (as you yourself pointed out) overdoing it or doing it incorrectly.  

But none of that is my point.

I would suggest it needs, it's for maintainance and to be able to use it for longer time...
Superior Equipment
1-28 12:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules