Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 app 4K content
4938 7 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamil111444
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167713 ft
Slovakia

Would it be possible to add in future updates of DJI Go 4 app, option to save created movie in 4K resolution, not just 1080p ?
2018-4-18
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
Netherlands

The problem here is the speed of the WiFi connecting the drone. It's just not fast enough.
2018-4-18
Use props
kamil111444
lvl.3
Slovakia

I was thinking to connect by usb cable to the drone and than download the files !
2018-4-18
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

kamil111444 Posted at 2018-4-18 04:10
I was thinking to connect by usb cable to the drone and than download the files !

You can simply get the saved 4k video from the drone by cable then (or a simple OTG SD reader for the phone).. I don't get the main problem maybe?

EDIT: I misunderstood, you were talking about the output video
I guess the phone can't handle 4k transcoding, it would be a too intensive task
2018-4-18
Use props
kamil111444
lvl.3
Slovakia

Hestia Posted at 2018-4-18 04:16
You can simply get the saved 4k video from the drone by cable then (or a simple OTG SD reader for the phone).. I don't get the main problem maybe?

Hmmm I guess than mine problem is a cable now ! Because I bought some lightning to usb adapter but not from Apple and it doesn't work that way! When I connect Mavic Air by Usb C and second side to this adapter and than to phone I can't import files in DJI GO 4 app Editor - option "On-board SD" says "Camera Disconnected"
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Yes, as Hestia mentioned, 4K videos should be saved in SD card or the internal storage of the drone, the cached videos or photos in DJI GO4 app are not the original ones, 4K would be an intensive task for the phone. Regarding the issue of the editor, you are recommended to provide a screenshot of the error message if applicable, we'll look into it, thanks!

2018-4-18
Use props
fans742394e1
New
Guatemala

I have the same issue. I am very disappointed by the lack of 4K support, they should have included this from the beginning.

The SD Card Reader solution is also only partially working for me, as the photo app of apple always crashes when I try to import footage (iPad Pro 10.5 256Gb iOS 12.1). Interestingly, it works with my iPhone SE (64Gb iOS 12.1), but only for pictures, because it can’t handl 4k content. What a mess all this.

In the future I would switch to a MS surface or similar, although I may encounter other problems. But the functionality of iOS with regard to file transferring (import/expert/share/send) is rubbish.

Right now I have no way to transfer my footage to my iPad, except th pictures, which I transfer to my iPhone and then airdrop to my iPad. A big joke to me ...

I am otherwise 70 percent happy with the drone (Mavic Air).

I hope there will be a solution by DJI in the future.

Regards Julius
2018-12-2
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>

fans742394e1 Posted at 2018-12-2 08:55
I have the same issue. I am very disappointed by the lack of 4K support, they should have included this from the beginning.

The SD Card Reader solution is also only partially working for me, as the photo app of apple always crashes when I try to import footage (iPad Pro 10.5 256Gb iOS 12.1). Interestingly, it works with my iPhone SE (64Gb iOS 12.1), but only for pictures, because it can’t handl 4k content. What a mess all this.

You can use 'Sync for DJI' app to download such files like 4K video, h.265 video or RAW. It's very cool to download original files if I'm on vacation and w/o laptop.
Also the app has killer feature - trim before download. So you can trim file and download only the best moment of video.
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules