Inspire x3 horrible quality, help!
1389 7 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacek Adamczyk
lvl.1
Poland

Hey, I just got my Inspire 1 with x3 camera and the footage looks... HORRIBLE, video is not usable, my Samsung S5 takes better video.
I tried 1080, 4k - everything looks mushy and blurry.
I tried only D-Log -1,0,0
I am YET to try Cinelike.
Here is a playlist - This is 4k footage downsized to 4k.
Exported in FCPX and Davinci Resolve, both in 264 and Pro Res (sorry, no idea how to post yt video...)
264 FCPX watch?v=i4jN1UM6V7A
Pro Res FCPX watch?v=OXVjdWLKweg
264 Davinci watch?v=EcpNMFcgA7o
PRo res davinci watch?v=S6glH0vTao4

I cannot post link to google drive to straight from the camera (no permission to post links for some reason), but it's just as bad.

ALL of it looks horrible. Less from Davinci, but it's buggy when importing footage so I'd prefer from encorporating it into my standard workflow.
I used ISO 100, 24fps, 1/50th, ND8 filter, so I can keep the 180 degree rule... Even with that the motion blur here is insane.

Any advices? I cannot use a footage like that for anything :/
Please, help

2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jacek , sorry to read on the difficulties with the Inspire x3, the original footage is very essential for us to analyze, could you please upload to Dropbox and post the link here? Thank you.
2018-4-20
Use props
Jacek Adamczyk
lvl.1
Poland

I was actually able to get somewhat usable D-Cinelike footage. But D-Log is ridiculous.
This is 4k D-Log https://www.dropbox.com/s/1znb79jk4dv3osc/DJI_0018.MP4?dl=0
2018-4-20
Use props
Jacek Adamczyk
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-20 01:47
Jacek , sorry to read on the difficulties with the Inspire x3, the original footage is very essential for us to analyze, could you please upload to Dropbox and post the link here? Thank you.

Did you check the footage?
2018-4-20
Use props
Jacek Adamczyk
lvl.1
Poland

Glad for the support...
2018-5-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Try it in Resolve 14 (I'm using the Studio 14 paid version so it might be different than the free one.).  This is without using the LUTs which seem to differ at times depending on the scene.

Open your MP4 in the timeline and go to the Color Page.

1. Add a Serial Node (02) made of the stock MP4 (Node 01).

2. In the new serial node (02), hit ALT+A to pull the color into an automatic balance. (This is with Windows 64, fwiw.).  Watch the Parade waveform grow and a better color should appear in the Timeline 1 main window too.

3. If needed, try and turn the Offset wheel to make the mids up into the 512 range of the scale.  Adjust the Lift (Blacks) to touch the bottom and Gain to touch the highlight to the top of the scale.  Image should look better now as it was very flat to begin with in D-log as well as the scene overall which has a hazy cast too.

4. For the haze, create another serial node. In this node, go to the Library > ResolveFX Color > Dehaze and move it into the node.  You should see a pop-up box in Dehaze.  Take the eyedropper and click it somewhere in your grassland ahead of the distant trees nearest the horizon for the haze color.

Now in the Dehaze box, under the Display Depth move the Shadow slider to the right to 100.0.  Move the Highlight slider to the left to around -34 or where the red waveform touches the top in the Parade window.

5. Another serial node, and go back to #3 and repeat.  You might have to pull the Blue Output in the RGB Mixer down to 0.82 to keep it under the max. 1023 scale in the Parade window and to get rid of some of the blue haze too.

6. Another serial node. Libra y > ResolveFX Sharpen > Soften & Sharpen.  Move sliders to right about 1/3 and Global Blend to midway 0.500.

Now try and render and save it again.

Good luck!
2018-5-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Forgive the question, but from your comments it seems to me that you are expecting D log to look like a somewhat finished video,  D Log is de-saturated and minimal contrast so it preserves the dinamic range allowing you to Color Grade as you desire the final product. D Cinelike is a less extreme version of this so when you are recording you get a more "normal" picture. Your phone is giving you a pretty much finalized version of the video using whatever profile samsung decided is best, D Log permits you to choose the look in post. If you want a more "finished" look out of the box, choose one of the other profiles available to you in DJI Go, you will see the "look" as you record on your control  devise fpv. Forgive me if I'm out of line and touched on information you already have and know.
2018-5-7
Use props
Jacek Adamczyk
lvl.1
Poland

Thank you mixchief - yes, I am perfectly aware of that, the issue is the image is so blurry and so far gone that no amount of color grading, correcting is helping, feel free to look at the footage I provided. But thanks for the input.

Anyway - I am already filming in Cinelike, that one is not so bad, so I'll deem that as a feature, not a bug.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules