7064 48 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
betreedcam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299629 ft
Cambodia

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-5-3 09:02
If I recall,  towards the end of flight, the RC battery went KaPUT....shut off the RC,  so no video or map to look at.......and far enough away, there was no visual.

Just happy to know they got their bird back!!

Yeah.. the battery was found a few metres from the bird which had clearly landed on a tree and slowly fell down.  battery was all beat up.. but the AC was actually almost OK.. one sensor was bad and some other repairs were needed.. but it mostly survived.
2018-5-5
Use props
betreedcam
lvl.1
Cambodia

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-3 09:39
There was a map available for as long as the log lasts, and the log lasts long enough for the VPS to see the ground 9 meters below, and the landing appears to have been delayed by the pilot attempting to stop it landing in a tree, so I'm fairly sure it could have been safely landed at the home location before the battery ran out.

Very easy to not think of using the map if you are in a panic and don't have experience, that is why beginner mode has distance and height limits that keep the aircraft well within eye sight.

it seemed like right at the end there the controller also started beeping and may have lost signal (with a flat battery on the controller)... so then maybe that is why we couldn't manually get it home? He had thought it had charged all up - didn't check but obviously the plug in didn't work (Cambodia has dodgy power strips)... but he neglected to check if it had charged..

ANd yes, beginner mode would have been best!  it was just such a beautiful morning!!
2018-5-5
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

betreedcam Posted at 2018-5-5 08:10
it seemed like right at the end there the controller also started beeping and may have lost signal (with a flat battery on the controller)... so then maybe that is why we couldn't manually get it home? He had thought it had charged all up - didn't check but obviously the plug in didn't work (Cambodia has dodgy power strips)... but he neglected to check if it had charged..

ANd yes, beginner mode would have been best!  it was just such a beautiful morning!!

The flight starts with 94% battery, I guess you made a short flight or hover first and it was fully charged to start with which would be OK, but if not then starting the day at 94% is not good.  Always start the day at 100%.

The beeping at the end was quite likely obstacle avoidance giving a warning, I can't see that in the logs but it seems likely since you descended through a tree.  If you replay the flight in the Go App then you may understand better, and turn on the controls display so you can see where you were making the mistakes.

The log appears to stop due to bad reception - there were probably too many trees in the way, although I can't be certain.

We all have to learn, most of us learn from our mistakes, unfortunately mistakes with a drone are quite easy and can end up expensive, especially when you cant see it!
2018-5-5
Use props
betreedcam
lvl.1
Cambodia

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-5 10:06
The flight starts with 94% battery, I guess you made a short flight or hover first and it was fully charged to start with which would be OK, but if not then starting the day at 94% is not good.  Always start the day at 100%.

The beeping at the end was quite likely obstacle avoidance giving a warning, I can't see that in the logs but it seems likely since you descended through a tree.  If you replay the flight in the Go App then you may understand better, and turn on the controls display so you can see where you were making the mistakes.

yes!  we were so luck it was so easily retrieved.. we were imaging scouring the forest for the thing but it fortunately was right where it said it would be!  Thanks for all your help.
2018-5-5
Use props
Ramona Brekke
New

United States

Ohh, it's a terrible story. To my mind, people who lose their houses or flats, always feel devastated and disturbed. But one thing we need to remember always that life is continuing. by the way, if some of you look for a job I can help you. I also can help to prepare better,  especially with resume length questions and answers.
2019-2-12
Use props
katebrouwn
New

Ukraine

Hi there! Thanks for updates! I will try to use all of the new features. By the way, I want to recommend a web where you can order essays on a different topic. If argumentative essay animal testing is still a complicated task for you, order custom wrote a paper at EliteWritings.com. More details here.
2019-3-18
Use props
esthersherry
New

India

I experienced the same situation... thanks for sharing
2021-3-31
Use props
ExamFeed
New

India

Thanks for the detailed information. I write many interesting educational and career related articles on Exam Feed which will help you to learn a lot.
2021-6-18
Use props
Stolen Idols
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15364 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes as the person said below, first off sorry to hear about this, we have all had runaways im sure. The main cause of what you are stating sounds like before taking off the drone was not locked onto enough points to set home, you want to make sure you set your home point immediately from where your device is but even then this is really a fail safe and shouldnt be counted on. Another thing to remember is you have to tell it the altitude to fly home and it has to know where you are, if it sets the point from the device, as it sounds yours did it will fly back to that spot and try to land it most likely struck the tree on its way back to the homepoint it misunderstood. It could have not had a home point and simply been wandering in a sense. I would set the alert sooner in the controls on dji go and also make sure to record the home point from your remote and device rather than the uav and before taking off.
2021-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules