Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Vayreda Posted at 2018-5-21 03:49
Hi Susan,

I got the phantom 4 pro over one year know and I use the drone for commercial use, I got a Dutch license for the drone and doing wedding footages.

Cant you stick it in the battery compartment?
I know the rules for this might say it should be visible but the Phantom is not quite suitable for this kind of stuff.
In case of a crash chances are big that the gimbal guard will break and end up somewhere else giving a bigger chance the sign have a value if located in the aircraft.

Beside of that you better do a reply to Susan's post to make sure she get a notification of your reply above.
2018-5-21
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 773930 ft
France

Hello everyone,

It's been a month since I bought the P4P approved in France.
Everything went well, until the last 5 flights: Ultrasonic sensor error ....

I received my P4P with the latest firmware. DJI GO 4 latest version.
I specify, no shock, new equipment, the error for my case, is reported at an altitude of 60m. It is concretized by an instability of the apparatus and a chaotic descent, which leaves fear the worst ....
So dangerous.

Unable to get information from your French dealer, I made several tests, to understand this error.

- Intermittent error:
- I tested on 2 tablets (IPAD mini 4 and and HUAWEI M5 LTE), same error.
- I tested on 3 different batteries: Same error
- At take off everything goes well, after a certain time of flight, this error occurs.
- I made a factory setting, + all the sensors ...: Same error.
- Slow flight, fast flight: same error.

I  ask myself a question, it is getting hot at the moment, my batteries  are often close to 45-50 ° C, is there a weakness on the components when  the battery reaches this temperature?

Because this error is not displayed continuously, it occurs from time to time during the flight.

I have this impression that a change of regime is done on the engines, is there interference? (an impression).

I use this homologated drone DGAC, for professional achievements. I admit that I am not reassured in these conditions.

It would be interesting that the owners have a complete list of malfunctions on these drones, with solutions (as in aviation). I  think it is very heavy given the reactivity (Internet, response, return  of equipment ...) to understand what happens for this type of alert,  which changes the behavior in flight.

I  understand very well your requirements, but we are in a field where an  object in the air is potentially dangerous, which requires firmwares and  solid applications, without reproach. We owners buy expensive objects, I'm not there to play the sorcerer's apprentice or wipe the casts of an unsuccessful firmware. The seriousness of a company also goes through that, it is called the respect of the customer.

I know you pay attention to that. Also be aware that this failure is regular at the moment, but not all of them write on the forums. So there is a problem.

Thanking you. Good evening to all and good flights.
Google Translation (French English)
2018-5-22
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft
Netherlands

Hi
It’s me again: Yesterday after 8 e-mail (very good service) I got a telefoon call from the DJI analysis department and they confirm that the sensors are set wider. But today there is a DJI Go app update including a fix for the sensors. Hoping that my problem is over.Good luck everybody and happy flying
2018-5-24
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
France

Hello Vayreda,
Can you tell us a little more? The update DJI GO4 (version)? Having a camera protection on the landing gear is it a disadvantage?
Thank you. Good night
2018-5-24
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Netherlands

dbsky Posted at 2018-5-24 10:34
Hello Vayreda,
Can you tell us a little more? The update DJI GO4 (version)? Having a camera protection on the landing gear is it a disadvantage?
Thank you. Good night

Today I went out flying with the next configuration, Phantom 4 pro, Nvidia shield K1 (android 6.1), installed DJI go 4 version 4.2.16 and landing gear + gimbal guard (Polar Pro)
First I fly without landing gear and gimbal guard. I fly in all modi (beginners, sport etc) difference height, no error. Then I putt on de landing gear on without gimbal guard, no error. Finally I put also the gimbal guard on and about 120 feet I got the ultrasonic error! So defendly the problem is the gimbal guard.
Finally I’m gonna fly without the gimbal guard.

2018-5-25
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
France

Hello and thank you for this return, I have the same configuration and same phenomenom, at approximately the same height if , I will try tonight as soon as the storms are gone.
Good flights.
2018-5-25
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dbsky Posted at 2018-5-25 06:39
Hello and thank you for this return, I have the same configuration and same phenomenom, at approximately the same height if , I will try tonight as soon as the storms are gone.
Good flights.

@dbsky also good flight. Tomorrow i gonna have a try with the app "Litchi" I heard good thinks and perhaps i won't get this error with this program. I will let you know...
Regards
2018-5-25
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
France

Good evening Vayreda,
I confirm after several flights, that the cause of the error: Ultrasonic sensor, is declared when the protection of the camera is mounted.
6 test flights including 2 with the protection, each time, at a certain moment the error: Ultrasonic sensor, is displayed during these 2 flights.
So happy, because otherwise I had to send my P4P repair service with at least 3 weeks of waiting ....

By cons I bought this protection with the mention: Compatible P4P.
It would be nice if DJI imposes, the mention approved and tested on this type of drone. This will save us a lot of surprises.
Glad that everything is arranged (for me).

Good luck Vayreda and I hope this post will be useful.
2018-5-27
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Netherlands

Good to hear. I went to fly today again with this settings: Landing gear (no Gimbal guard) and finnaly I upgrade after a year my Nvidia shield K1 from version 6.1 to 7.0
Because i couldn’t install “Litchi” on version 6. After more than 3 batteries flying and on differents heigts and settings (beginners mode, sports mode etc...) I didn’t get one sensor error! Only error I got is a alert saying “Strong wind”
So i’am a very happy man.
2018-5-28
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
France

2018-5-28
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 18:20
Jeff, I just got an update from our engineers that they have reviewed your data and concluded it as misinformation. We have been aware of this issue and will optimize it in the next firmware. Appreciate your support.

I believe the Ultrasonic Error message issue has been corrected on my aircraft.  Last week after checking and comparing what firmware is current, I realized that my R/C was still at the same firmware it came with. On the DJI website I found version 01.04.01.00, so I updated to this version. I have 01.05.0600 on the aircraft. I've flown through 5 batteries with no error. It is possible there was a compatibility issue there, that I missed as I was updating the aircraft and not the R/C. If I am wrong and it comes back I will report that here.

Also, when I updated the R/C, it the Go 4 app instructed me to do a visual system calibration. I did it and that error went away too. It would seem I have a perfect P4P+ again.

Jeff
2018-6-2
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
France

Hello Jeff,
Good for you, I think that different causes are possible. Mounting the camera protection and can be a bug in the firmware. In any case I do not think of a fault of the material. Anyway for me too everything is ok and it was because of my camera protection, mounted on the P4P.
Good flights!
2018-6-4
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

dbsky Posted at 2018-6-4 11:22
Hello Jeff,
Good for you, I think that different causes are possible. Mounting the camera protection and can be a bug in the firmware. In any case I do not think of a fault of the material. Anyway for me too everything is ok and it was because of my camera protection, mounted on the P4P.
Good flights!

Guess it is for a reason DJI tell not to mount such 3rd party stuff on the aircraft as it can interfere with the sensors and can result in fatal behavior if done anyway.
Beside the sensor interference mounting that thing also would result in increased wind impact.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-6-2 09:32
I believe the Ultrasonic Error message issue has been corrected on my aircraft.  Last week after checking and comparing what firmware is current, I realized that my R/C was still at the same firmware it came with. On the DJI website I found version 01.04.01.00, so I updated to this version. I have 01.05.0600 on the aircraft. I've flown through 5 batteries with no error. It is possible there was a compatibility issue there, that I missed as I was updating the aircraft and not the R/C. If I am wrong and it comes back I will report that here.

Also, when I updated the R/C, it the Go 4 app instructed me to do a visual system calibration. I did it and that error went away too. It would seem I have a perfect P4P+ again.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear the drone works now. Not sure if it is a coincidence, I'll still report to our engineers.
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,
Thank you so much for your patience!
I just got the latest news from our engineers that the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest beta firmware(V01.06.0100) of P4P.
If the reminder appears in the open field when the drone is in the air, it might be the misinformation. You may leave or PM us your DJI Account here, we'll collect regularly and forward to the right team to add you in the beta test. Any feedback will be appreciated.  
Wish you all have a good time.

2018-7-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-5 22:26
Hi All,
I just got the latest news from our engineers that the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest beta firmware(V01.06.0100) of P4P.

Sounds good that this finally should have been fixed, does it also cover the infrared sensor errors reported here and there?
If it is still possible to go back on 1.5.600,.300 and 4.602 then please add me, same account as used here.
I might give it a shot when i have confirmed that what i get back Monday is actually working.
Can you reveal what else has changed in this beta?

Edit: Guess this thread answer that infrared sensor error also should be fixed.

2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-6 02:59
Sounds good that this finally should have been fixed, does it also cover the infrared sensor errors reported here and there?
If it is still possible to go back on 1.5.600,.300 and 4.602 then please add me, same account as used here.
I might give it a shot when i have confirmed that what i get back Monday is actually working.

I've responded to another post as well. The beta will be available around 1-2 working days, please test when you receive it.
2018-7-8
Use props
lwa11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123898 ft
United States

I am having the same issue..... could use the beta fix too.
2018-7-16
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

stefgo Posted at 2018-4-20 12:21
Hy Susan

Outch !  I'm living next monday to a boat trip in sakalines island near kamchatka. I need my drone to work there.

Gee that's a pitty. I have been on Sachalin Island it is really beautifull overthere. Im sure you could make some wonderfull footage there. I hope you can solve your issue.

Good luck
2018-7-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-8 23:54
I've responded to another post as well. The beta will be available around 1-2 working days, please test when you receive it.

Hi Please notice the above post (#58).

I have installed the beta on the replacement and have seen no issues that was not present before but honest it is hard to tell as it is acting very strange on both 1.4.602 and 1.5.600 also.
So far no Ultrasonic errors.
2018-7-16
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-5 22:26
Hi All,

Hello Susan, can you send me a beta fimrware here: **********@hotmail.com

thank you !
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lwa11 Posted at 2018-7-16 09:25
I am having the same issue..... could use the beta fix too.

Of course. Please kindly send us your DJI Account in PM and leave a message here, I'll collect regularly and forward to the right team to add you to the beta list.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-16 09:31
Hi Please notice the above post (#58).

I have installed the beta on the replacement and have seen no issues that was not present before but honest it is hard to tell as it is acting very strange on both 1.4.602 and 1.5.600 also.

Thanks for your feedback. Currently, we do not support to go back to the previous firmware. Sorry about this.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 2018-7-18 01:22
Hello Susan, can you send me a beta fimrware here:  

thank you !

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the team and add you to the beta list. It is estimated to be available around 1-2 working days, please check when you received it.
2018-7-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-20 02:08
Thanks for your feedback. Currently, we do not support to go back to the previous firmware. Sorry about this.

I had no problems going back from beta 1.6.100 to 1.5.600, also 1.5.300 and 1.4.602 was available so it should not be a issue. i didn't get the time to test what i intended before it was picked up yesterday but so it looked like the beta didn't add any new issues in my case.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-20 02:18
I had no problems going back from beta 1.6.100 to 1.5.600, also 1.5.300 and 1.4.602 was available so it should not be a issue. i didn't get the time to test what i intended before it was picked up yesterday but so it looked like the beta didn't add any new issues in my case.

Nice to the beta works well. Thanks for your feedback.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules