DJI GO crashes when panning, while Active Tracking.
721 8 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

Firmware 2.2.0.30
App: 3.1.31(2882) on iOS 11.3.

If Active Tracking is on, and I use the Pan knob to pan away from the tracked object, DJI GO will crash, returning me to the home screen of the phone.

Sometimes this takes a few tries, but it's definitely repeatable.

Is this a known issue?

2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that which mobile device do you use, please? In order to do the troubleshooting, have you tried another mobile device? Thank you in advance!
2018-4-19
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-19 01:08
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that which mobile device do you use, please? In order to do the troubleshooting, have you tried another mobile device? Thank you in advance!

iPhone 8, 256Gb.

I have no other device to try.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

YeahNope Posted at 2018-4-19 06:35
iPhone 8, 256Gb.

I have no other device to try.

Have you tried to re-install the APP? Is the Portrait Orientation Lock disabled? If the issue persists, please install iTools on your computer and export the crash log under Toolbox----Advanced Features to us for further analysis, please upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.
2018-4-19
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-19 23:22
Have you tried to re-install the APP? Is the Portrait Orientation Lock disabled? If the issue persists, please install iTools on your computer and export the crash log under Toolbox----Advanced Features to us for further analysis, please upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.

Portrait Orientation Lock was disabled.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The app no longer crashes when Active Tracking. Thank you.

But the gimbal fights the joystick if it's on. The gimbal should exit Active Tracking when the joystick is active, shouldn't it?
2018-4-20
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-19 23:22
Have you tried to re-install the APP? Is the Portrait Orientation Lock disabled? If the issue persists, please install iTools on your computer and export the crash log under Toolbox----Advanced Features to us for further analysis, please upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The app no longer crashes when Active Tracking. Thank you.

But the gimbal fights the joystick if it's on. The gimbal should exit Active Tracking when the joystick is active, shouldn't it?
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

YeahNope Posted at 2018-4-20 10:11

Glad to know the APP will not crash, may I know what do you mean 'the gimbal fights the joystick'? Do you mean the gimbal will twitch or something else? Any chance to show a short video here?
2018-4-21
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-21 01:34
Glad to know the APP will not crash, may I know what do you mean 'the gimbal fights the joystick'? Do you mean the gimbal will twitch or something else? Any chance to show a short video here?

When Active Tracking is engaged, and the OM2 loses the subject, the gimbal will pan and tilt around randomly, sometimes slowly, sometimes more jerky. I assume it's hunting the subject, but this makes the footage useless.

If you then attempt to take control of the gimbal using the joy stick, the gimbal responds oddly. It pans and tilts slowly, sometimes going the opposite direction, stuttering, and generally fighting what the joy stick is asking it to do.

If Active Tracking is engaged, and the subject is still being tracked, the OM2 will similarly fight input from the joy stick, responding slowly to pan and tilt movement on the joy stuck.

I don't know what the "correct" thing to do would be. Perhaps, if you touch the joy stick at all, Active Tracking should immediately switch off? I mean, the user is expressing intention with the joy stick, like "Move this way now", so it seems counterintuitive to me that the gimbal should fight that.

Sorry. No way to make a video of this. But it should be easily reproducible.
2018-4-21
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

YeahNope Posted at 2018-4-21 07:16
When Active Tracking is engaged, and the OM2 loses the subject, the gimbal will pan and tilt around randomly, sometimes slowly, sometimes more jerky. I assume it's hunting the subject, but this makes the footage useless.

If you then attempt to take control of the gimbal using the joy stick, the gimbal responds oddly. It pans and tilts slowly, sometimes going the opposite direction, stuttering, and generally fighting what the joy stick is asking it to do.

This problem continues in DJI GO version 3.1.34.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules