P3P Artifacts
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingPotato_PL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11096 ft

Poland

Hi,
just bought used p3p (battery loaded only 8 times) and i noticed some artifacts on videos...

using microsd evoplus 3 64GB.
Any idea how to fix it? (iam a beginer)

2018-4-18
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft

Has the card been used alot since being re-formated?  I have had similar artiacts which were resolved after I re-formated the card.
2018-4-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Buy Scandisk extreme. You won't believe the difference.
2018-4-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You've posted the video from your mobile device.  That's not the one you want.  The one you want is on the SD card of your Phantom.  

Best way to get the correct video is to remove the SD card from your P3P's gimble, insert it into an SD card reader, and then plug that into something such as a desktop computer.  Find the HD video on the SD card.  Copy the video from the SD card to your computer's hard disk drive.  Then watch the video from your computer's hard disk drive.  
2018-4-18
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer

Mark, I'm curious why you say the video is from the mobile device?  I was ready to mention the same thing until I read what microsd he was using.
2018-4-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Phantom One Posted at 2018-4-18 14:43
Mark, I'm curious why you say the video is from the mobile device?  I was ready to mention the same thing until I read what microsd he was using.

The issue has nothing to do with the SD card. It is easy to tell that the video is the cached version because it is in 720p resolution and is exhibiting the transmission artifacts typical of a DJI system.
2018-4-18
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer

Geebax, I see the 720p now, thanks
2018-4-18
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

That card should be fast enough though I can only attest to Sandisk Extreme. The video looks like it came from your mobile device and not the card. I would reformat and try again. Also try a different card. If the problem persists, it's probably why the guy was selling his drone.
2018-4-18
Use props
FlyingPotato_PL
lvl.1

Poland

Thanks guys,

I ordered SanDisk extreme, tommorow i Will do some tests.

Truly said, now iam not sure if that video is from mobile device ' - i use two same cards: Evo plus 64gb which one is from dji - i dont know (no Samsung logo?!wtf...fake cards ?)

Anyway two problems:
when i put card into phantom it shows me message 'repairing corrupted videos / files'

Second one : recording always stop After 15-20secs

So i gonna change video format & resolution still using that (fakes?)  EvoPlus cards + SanDisk 16gb (shows message that its to slow for 4k) - all Will be formated through app before take off

Next i will use SanDisk Extreme.

Then afer flights all videos will be transfered via microsd card reader to pc.

Wish me luck
/sorry for my English - its not my native language
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyingPotato_PL Posted at 2018-4-19 00:06
Thanks guys,

The SD card of poor quality may affect the recording. Please let us know whether the issue remains if changed the SD card.
2018-4-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FlyingPotato_PL Posted at 2018-4-19 00:06
Thanks guys,

'Second one : recording always stop After 15-20secs'

That is the clue that tells you the card is not fast enough. There are fake Sandisk cards around, you need to be careful of where you buy them (never from eBay). But a Sandisk Extreme Pro card will always be suitable as long as it is genuine.
2018-4-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Be careful you're not accidentally touching the record button with your left hand index finger as you fly... it will stop your recording.  I've done this myself quite a few times...
2018-4-19
Use props
FlyingPotato_PL
lvl.1

Poland

I think that those Evo Plus cards arek fakes for sure like 10000%

Tested both with a1 SD bench app. Write speed is 2,52 mb/s and the on second one is 2,54 mb/s

Tomorrow afer sleep i Will test
1) SanDisk 16gb
2) borrowed GoodRam 32gb
3) fake Evo Plus? Naaah...

Tomorrow i will post my experiences, but Iam pretty sure that everything should be fine
P_20180419_214251.jpg
20180419_212626.jpg
Screenshot_20180419-214142.jpg
P_20180419_214323.jpg
2018-4-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Why does it report as 128GB? as far as i know the P3's has a max support of 64GB.
You did format it in the AC and not your computer right?
2018-4-19
Use props
FlyingPotato_PL
lvl.1

Poland

Hello There!
SOLVED!
I changed microsd cards and... Poof!

Normal SanDisk 16gb is too  slow but SanDisk extreme is like a Ferrari!
I transfered videos from card via card Reader to PC and video is on amazing quality.

NOW Iam sure about two things:
-Slow writing speed cause stop recording and due to recorded videos are broken
-Video i posted in first post is from... Mobile device (sorry Iam a noob)

I want thanks for kind words and all helpful tips that i recived, without You DJI family i wouldnt solve the problem. Thanks!

Now i can Focus on flights. Working on my first video
2018-4-20
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer

FlyingPotato_PL Posted at 2018-4-20 23:19
Hello There!
SOLVED!
I changed microsd cards and... Poof!

I'm confused, was the video in your original post taken from your mobile device or the SD card?  Thanks
2018-4-21
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer

Disregard, I re-read your responses and see you already mentioned you wasn't sure if the video was from the video device.
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules