Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 12:01
ouch - that really sux. sorry to hear mate. - hope there something good on the telly :-)

Nahhhh it was funny, tomorrow is forecast to be almost perfect conditions, so we are up early and out with the idea of shooting all batteries, home recharge and out again, so all good.

2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-19 01:01
Congrats on the 2 Mil milestone! Great video, looked like you had perfectly windless day for flying!
How long have you had your Mavic ?

Thanks quadkid - i bought my mavic early march last year, so it a year and a month.
2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

alex_markov Posted at 2018-4-19 11:46
Great! There is hope for us to reach this point some day

thanks alex
2018-4-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 12:10
hey hedgetrimmer - thanks for feedback.
the footage on my sd card is fine.
That footage is from my internal storage.

Does smearing on monitor occur:
  • with different monitors?
  • intermittently?
  • rarely (1 in 10 flights)?
  • mid-range or long distance flights?
  • only after flying for # of minutes?
  • warm or hot days?
  • high humidity days?
  • ?????

Any chance of using another RC?

Very puzzling

2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-19 14:24
Does smearing on monitor occur:
  • with different monitors?

• hey,
    it is inconsistant but some things i notice (although as i say inconsistent) that when most of the image in view is generally darker (subdued) and then bright bits come into view (like reflections on water or white sand in between long grass or the white stems of water reeds) then that seems to set it off.
    From that point it will sometimes come right but more often goes from bad to worse and soon enough i cannot view my image at all anymore.
    other times in the exact same place it works without glitch -

i tried various devices - recently one from the dji list samsung note 4 and the problem was consitent and worse with that device than it is on my existing phone.

Some times  it happens much of the time - other times it happens less and other times hardly much at all.

Mostly close range - sometimes at a distance but that would be rare - more often when close - in fact i recently did some close shooting and could not believe that for the first time in ages i was able to with image blurring out.

usually if it happens i will notice very soon after launch - sometimes i could have flown for a bit without issues and then all of a sudden it kicks in.

Our days are pretty consitent at between 20 - 27 degrees, mostly around about 24 or so. The issue is not worse or better, that i have noticed, with varying temperatures.

humidity - thinking back, i do not think so - i could have the issue on any type of day and i could have no issue on an type of day.

I tried my friends RC with my drone - same problem

thanks for your time to consider this issue.

2018-4-19
    Use props
    HedgeTrimmer
    First Officer
    United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 14:59
    hey,
    it is inconsistant but some things i notice (although as i say inconsistent) that when most of the image in view is generally darker (subdued) and then bright bits come into view (like reflections on water or white sand in between long grass or the white stems of water reeds) then that seems to set it off.
    From that point it will sometimes come right but more often goes from bad to worse and soon enough i cannot view my image at all anymore.

Thanks for replies!  
    It is an interesting problem, especially this part:
    when most of the image in view is generally darker (subdued) and then  bright bits come into view (like reflections on water or white sand in  between long grass or the white stems of water reeds) then that seems to  set it off

The camera does not appear to be cause of problem, since the images on microSD card are okay.
    Could be a processing problem, since original image has to be down scaled for live transmission.
    Wonder what would happen if you set camera imaging to lower resolution or different scale, causing a change to down scaled processing for transmission?
    Does the smearing problem happen if you use WiFi mode?

2018-4-19
    Use props
    Bekaru MP UAV
    First Officer
    South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-19 20:18
    Thanks for replies!  
    It is an interesting problem, especially this part:
    when most of the image in view is generally darker (subdued) and then  bright bits come into view (like reflections on water or white sand in  between long grass or the white stems of water reeds) then that seems to  set it off

i never used wifi mode before - that short range is no good for me - however i may try it out just to see if it makes a difference - but mostly i fly far away from myself and so this is not likely to be a proper solution for me - however as a tester i will try it - thanks.

Losbol did suggest that i should try reduce screen resolution but i decided against trying that because it should work without having to do that and because screen visibilty and clarity of image is essential to give me the experience i bought inot and also because i fly like a maniac mostly and really need the best image possible to reduce my risk of crashing.
    2018-4-19
    Use props
    HedgeTrimmer
    First Officer
    United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 22:49
    i never used wifi mode before - that short range is no good for me - however i may try it out just to see if it makes a difference - but mostly i fly far away from myself and so this is not likely to be a proper solution for me - however as a tester i will try it - thanks.

Oh, definitely not a solution.  
    Only suggestions to possibly narrow down the cause.

When you have an opportunity.
    Try WiFi without changing anything else.
    Then try changing camera resolution, without changing anything else.
    2018-4-20
    Use props
    Bekaru MP UAV
    First Officer
    South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-20 08:10
    Oh, definitely not a solution.  
    Only suggestions to possibly narrow down the cause.

thanks HT - i will try wifi mode tomorrow and report back to you.

2018-4-20
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    Flight distance : 9827923 ft
    • >>>
    Ireland

Congrats, good luck with the next million.
    2018-4-20
    Use props
    Bekaru MP UAV
    First Officer
    South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-20 13:22
    Congrats, good luck with the next million.

thanks hallmark
    2018-4-20
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules