Battery charging question
757 10 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

What I`d like to know is whether one should remove the batteries (Mavic Air) from the charger as soon as it is fully charged or could it be left on the charger when not in use?  I bought the Mavic Air Fly More Combo.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, it is recommended to remove the batteries from the charger as soon as it is fully charged. Thanks!
2018-4-18
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-18 19:25
Hi, it is recommended to remove the batteries from the charger as soon as it is fully charged. Thanks!

Thank you for your prompt reply.
2018-4-18
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-18 19:25

Hi DJI Diana!

Why is that? Nowadays batteries and chargers are intelligent and stop charging once the cycle is complete. I'd understand that leaving a laptop or a phone connected is an extra stress for the battery, because both are in use. Mavic batteries are not in use so once the cycle is complete and they are 100%, the process should stop and never charge them again.

is there any reason to recommend to be so "alert" on the batteries? Not that I leave them for 2 days charging, but imagine you have to leave them frequently at night charging while you sleep. Should that affect that negatively the batteries?

Thanks!
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-4-18 22:40
Thank you for your prompt reply.

You are welcome. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Hope you have a nice day on flying the drone.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-4-19 05:36
Hi DJI Diana!

Why is that? Nowadays batteries and chargers are intelligent and stop charging once the cycle is complete. I'd understand that leaving a laptop or a phone connected is an extra stress for the battery, because both are in use. Mavic batteries are not in use so once the cycle is complete and they are 100%, the process should stop and never charge them again.

Hi Bokepacha, I do understand your concern, so sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the batteries and chargers are intelligent and stop charging once the cycle is complete, you can leave them at night charging while you sleep, there is no negative effect on the batteries, please don't worry. It is just a recommendation and not so alert. Personally, I won't plug the charger into the wall all the time. It doesn't matter to charge the batteries when you are sleeping, you can remove the batteries when you wake up. Thanks!
2018-4-19
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

they call it smart battery, it can regulate the charge and cut the power when the battery is full.
2018-4-19
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-19 23:56
Hi Bokepacha, I do understand your concern, so sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the batteries and chargers are intelligent and stop charging once the cycle is complete, you can leave them at night charging while you sleep, there is no negative effect on the batteries, please don't worry. It is just a recommendation and not so alert. Personally, I won't plug the charger into the wall all the time. It doesn't matter to charge the batteries when you are sleeping, you can remove the batteries when you wake up. Thanks!

Thank you.
2018-4-20
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Lok Mavic Posted at 2018-4-19 23:57
they call it smart battery, it can regulate the charge and cut the power when the battery is full.

Thank you.
2018-4-20
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-19 23:56
Hi Bokepacha, I do understand your concern, so sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the batteries and chargers are intelligent and stop charging once the cycle is complete, you can leave them at night charging while you sleep, there is no negative effect on the batteries, please don't worry. It is just a recommendation and not so alert. Personally, I won't plug the charger into the wall all the time. It doesn't matter to charge the batteries when you are sleeping, you can remove the batteries when you wake up. Thanks!

Oh ok. I understand.

Thanks!
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-4-20 02:37
Oh ok. I understand.

Thanks!

You are welcome. Hope you have a great time on flying the drone.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules