carbon fibet propellers
1286 16 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan P4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89603 ft
United States

Does DJI sell carbon fiber props for the Phantom 4?

I've looked and searched the dji store and cannot find them.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
2018-4-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why do you want them?   Are you aware of any particular performance benefit?
2018-4-19
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe he wants to chop his fingers off?
2018-4-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

"Does DJI sell carbon fiber props for the Phantom 4?"

They don't make carbon fibre propellers for the P4, I don't think they would provide any benefit over the stock P4 ones.
2018-4-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't waste the extra money.  Stock ones are just as good.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Dan, there is no carbon fiber propellers for the P4 now.
2018-4-19
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I dont see the benefit except for looks but maybe thats what the op is going for?
2018-4-19
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

I use the Carbon Fiber props from threeking.  Have been for over a year...  A definite although not a huge noise reduction in terms of the "Flapping" sound that the plastic OEM props have.  The sound that was reduced was the "weedeater" noise.      Have never done any real testing for performance however, but kinda feel the a/c is a tad more responsive. Just my opinion.
2018-4-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-19 23:05
I dont see the benefit except for looks but maybe thats what the op is going for?

I am sure they would last longer for the ones using the drone for trimming trees and cutting grass ....

I do believe that like Oldmaniniwva tell above, they could take top of the noise compared to the softer plastic, on the other hand not being able to flex could add to the shell cracking for being to stiff if just slightly uneven/out of balance.
2018-4-20
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft

You do not need carbon propellers for the P4. The factory offered are the P4 exactly adjusted and balanced. For other copter manufacturers, there were often problems with cheap propellers made of plastic with imbalances, etc. There it was appropriate to switch to carbon propeller!
2018-4-20
Use props
Octovisuals
lvl.2

Spain

As an experienced professional, I can't really recommend carbon fibre propellers. There are tests that demonstrate that those can kill or at least do serious damage, unlike plastic propellers.

Also, not really a single benefit over the plastic ones.
2018-4-20
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
United States

After reading all the replies, I have decided not to persue carbon fiber props for my P4.  However, in response to  "First Officer" Nigel--perhaps I do want to chop my fingers off, what's it to ya?
2018-4-21
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-4-19 01:56
Maybe he wants to chop his fingers off?

After reading all the replies, I have decided not to persue carbon fiber props for my P4.  However, in response to  "First Officer" Nigel--perhaps I do want to chop my fingers off, what's it to ya?
2018-4-21
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-19 01:39
Why do you want them?   Are you aware of any particular performance benefit?

No, and after reading all the replies, I've decided just to stay with the stock props.

Thanks for your reply.
2018-4-26
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
United States

Satstream Posted at 2018-4-20 01:20
You do not need carbon propellers for the P4. The factory offered are the P4 exactly adjusted and balanced. For other copter manufacturers, there were often problems with cheap propellers made of plastic with imbalances, etc. There it was appropriate to switch to carbon propeller!

Thanks for the info.  I've decided not to persue the carbon fiber props and stick with the stocks.

Thanks for replying
2018-4-26
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
United States

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-4-20 00:48
I use the Carbon Fiber props from threeking.  Have been for over a year...  A definite although not a huge noise reduction in terms of the "Flapping" sound that the plastic OEM props have.  The sound that was reduced was the "weedeater" noise.      Have never done any real testing for performance however, but kinda feel the a/c is a tad more responsive. Just my opinion.

thanks for the reply. I'll just stick with the stock versions.
2018-4-26
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-19 23:05

Na, not looks. After viewing all the replies, I've decided to stick with the stock props.

Thanks for the reply!
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules