OTG WORKS - DJI GO 4 _ 4.2.12 - For Android - 19th April ...
14356 189 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-20 00:38
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-12-release/
With this new version of 4.2.12, Spark is unbeatable, becomes a very cost effective drone. I think Spark sales will go through the roof. Mavic Air may become a headache for DJI sales team. :-)

Thank you for the link Rick.
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_cGCqi24ohsNH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Spain

Sorry, I´m not good with chinese...
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

djiuser_cGCqi24ohsNH Posted at 2018-4-20 01:11
Sorry, I´m not good with chinese...

"離線地圖下載" Offline Map Download
"選擇你要下載的地區" Choose Offline Map Area
"下載" Start Download
Use two fingers to zoom in/out the map to select the area.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-20 01:04
Compare 4.2.12 on Spark (force FCC using OTG on Huawei P9 Plus) and Mavic Air (Hong Kong standard version is already in FCC. It belongs to my friend using iPad Mini 4). With the same flight path and distance, 5.8G and with OTG. Mavic Air experienced broken video signal for couple of times while Spark's video feed was smooth. Interesting. We do not know why. Both birds were running in FCC mode.
I do not know why Spark in Hong Kong is defaulted to running in CE mode while Mavic Air is alowed to run in FCC mode??

Hi Ricky maybe it was the 5.8GHz on the Mavic Air ? Did you try test it with 2.4GHz from Remote to Spark ?

In Europe many complain about the 5.8GHz. I once read that 2.4GHz is more Long Wave than 5.8GHz, the range of the 5.8GHz is not incredibly long.

I think US, with FCC and more support for 5.8GHz dont have so many issues, I wish some Americans give us their thoughts.

If it was me, I would try 2.4GHz.
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 02:01
Hi Ricky maybe it was the 5.8GHz on the Mavic Air ? Did you try test it with 2.4GHz from Remote to Spark ?

In Europe many complain about the 5.8GHz. I once read that 2.4GHz is more Long Wave than 5.8GHz, the range of the 5.8GHz is not incredibly long.

During the comparison, I observed that Mavic Air connected to RC using 5.8G at takeoff. As the signal was getting weaker, Mavic Air automatically changed to  2.4G.  Signal was strong but the video transmission became broken two times. Spark using 4.2.12 stayed on 5.8G throughout the testing.
I asked my friend whether this was a usual behaviour, i.e. auto changing from 5.8G to 2.4G, of Mavic Air. He said that it was but sometimes experienced broken video with good signal, but do not know why?
The comparision test was done in highly interference urban area, may be Mavic Air got a strong interference during the flight.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I see, Thank you Rick for clarifying it.
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

In the test fly area this morning, I did not dare to try on 2.4G. 2.4G was everywhere ,some with very strong signal. 5.8G was the safer way to go if flying in Hong Kong urban area. Hong Kong urban area is a concrete jungle with dual band (2.4G and 5.8G) wifi routers in every household/resturants/shops and etc., and with plenty of powerful 4G transmitters /repeaters installed on rooftops.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Range was the same Rick on 5.8GHz or less ?

When flying in Urban Areas there is a lot of polluted noise in WIFI Signals as there is lot of Traffic.
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 02:56
Range was the same Rick on 5.8GHz or less ?

When flying in Urban Areas there is a lot of polluted noise in WIFI Signals as there is lot of Traffic.

The Mavic Air while on 5.8G was stable and video lagging was acceptable. Broken video only happened after the Mavic Air auto changed to 2.4G. Although the signal was nearly full, if the video became broken, it was no point to fly any further.

Spark 4.2.12 stayed on 5.8G with nearly full signal and smooth video throughout the test. In urban area, I am not dare to push Spark further than 250m with a height of 120m. In urban area, I must fly to maximum height to get good signal and hope that the Spark/RC can be free from interference.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Thanks Rick ! Very happy to talk to you Buddy !
2018-4-20
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 01:03
Ohhh I see. Good Point.

May I ask if you use Android or IPhone please ?

I'm on Nexus 5X. I simply go for airplane mode, it does _not_ turn off GPS, only BT, WIFI and mobile.

If i'd want something else, I have arranged the notification bar shortcuts the way that these toggles are the first, so I don't have to look for them.
2018-4-20
Use props
pabloevaristo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Spain

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-20 01:18
"離線地圖下載" Offline Map Download
"選擇你要下載的地區" Choose Offline Map Area
"下載" Start Download

Can´t find any "Offline Map Download" in the DJI GO 4 (v4.2.8) ....
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

munchausen Posted at 2018-4-20 03:27
I'm on Nexus 5X. I simply go for airplane mode, it does _not_ turn off GPS, only BT, WIFI and mobile.

If i'd want something else, I have arranged the notification bar shortcuts the way that these toggles are the first, so I don't have to look for them.

Thank you so much Munchausen !
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The apkmirror Go4 4.2.12 seem to be a tablet app (20.xxxxx)
I could install it on my Huawei Tab, but not on my OnePlus5 yet.
On the tablet it seems to work, only indoor check, no start.

8020.jpg

8021.jpg
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-20 04:26
The apkmirror Go4 4.2.12 seem to be a tablet app (20.xxxxx)
I could install it on my Huawei Tab, but not on my OnePlus5 yet.
On the tablet it seems to work, only indoor check, no start.

Hi Seven, do you use OTG with this app because thats my biggest concern ! Thank you for sharing your knowledge buddy !

First time we talk, I read a lot of posts you posted, they are very informative and helpful !
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 05:08
Hi Seven, do you use OTG with this app because thats my biggest concern ! Thank you for sharing your knowledge buddy !

First time we talk, I read a lot of posts you posted, they are very informative and helpful !

OTG is the only thing I tested this app for!
And since my OP5 is complaining (not installed), I have tried on the Mi Redmi Note 4.
Works also, OTG connected, shows Satellites and batt and other stuff.
Like it should.
Will maybe try a fly, 2morrow
2018-4-20
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

pabloevaristo Posted at 2018-4-20 03:37
Can´t find any "Offline Map Download" in the DJI GO 4 (v4.2.8) ....

Sorry, the map offline is in 4.2.12 version. To the v. 4.2.8 is necessary to use 3G/4G connection, the map is online.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-20 05:19
OTG is the only thing, I tested this app for!
And since my OP5 is complaining (not installed), I have tried on the Mi Redmi Note 4.
Works also, OTG connected, shows Satellites and batt and other stuff.

Very good news indeed ! Thank you !
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 07:19
Very good news indeed !  Thank you !

but right now, since I have the app on my flight device, I read a lot.
And a lot about connection losses.
Just, like always, it is very difficult to find out if iOS or Android!

DJI:
What was with the change for posts, like "select topic", a "select OS" or a "must check" box before posting
android [ ]
iOS         [ ]

PLEASE!
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-20 08:35
but right now, since I have the app on my flight device, I read a lot.
And a lot about connection losses.
Just, like always, it is very difficult to find out if iOS or Android!

I will try Samsung 8+ with OTG and latest version, if it gives me touble I will think I will go IOS for less problems.
2018-4-20
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Ok, another find. Apparently, the problem with the WiFi channels I have is not related to the DJI GO 4 App but the firmware. I have downgraded to DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and still can't see anything. I tried to downgrade Sparks FW but the oldest version I can see in DJI Assistant 2 is 01.00.0701. Is there a way to downgrade back to 01.00.0600 that is apparenly the last one that works for me ? Thanks.
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Actually, I was surprised
I saw the wifi channels with red and greens. On both devices, I think.
Did not do screenshots, but will check if I have flightweather, 2morrow
But also I saw 13 channels, only I am in a 2-3km area. Which should be FCC, methinks

Needs to be checked, methinks

Edit: Spark on latest firmware, .900

2018-4-20
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-20 08:56
I saw the wifi channels with red and greens. On both devices, I think.

Well I have tested .900 and .701 and in happens on both. I didn't expect that I won't have an option to downgrade to .600 anymore ... Hopefully somebody knows how to do it.
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

But if I really can see the chanels with cable, which I could not with other apps before, it is unlikely that the birds firmware has anything to do with it.
I will check that 2morrow!
And I am anyway certain, the readings are from what the RC can see , not the AC.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-20 08:56
I saw the wifi channels with red and greens. On both devices, I think.

FCC has got 11 Channels
CE has got 13 Channels

Correct me if I am wrong.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-20 08:51
Ok, another find. Apparently, the problem with the WiFi channels I have is not related to the DJI GO 4 App but the firmware. I have downgraded to DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and still can't see anything. I tried to downgrade Sparks FW but the oldest version I can see in DJI Assistant 2 is 01.00.0701. Is there a way to downgrade back to 01.00.0600 that is apparenly the last one that works for me ? Thanks.

Did you have the WIFI problem arise now when you upgraded to 4.2.12 ?

Did you do The Spark Firmware update when you upgraded to 4.2.12 ?

With the Version 4.1.14 you where using the Firmware 01.00.0600 ?
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 09:25
FCC has got 11 Channels
CE has got 13 Channels

Yep, that is the official version.
Ok, it can be, I have one or two wifis around, using also chanel 12 and 13.
Maybe the new app shows what it detects?

2018-4-20
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-20 09:20
But if I really can see the chanels with cable, which I could not with other apps before, it is unlikely that the birds firmware has anything to do with it.
I will check that 2morrow!
And I am anyway certain, the readings are from what the RC can see , not the AC.

All I know is that I can see the WiFi channel info just fine with .600 firmware and I can't see it with any newer one. In fact, I do remember some trouble like that last year when .701 was released, I just didn't care back then since I had a choice to downgrade back to .600. I didn't expect to see this bug six months later in .900 as well ...
2018-4-20
Use props
Sparky Sparkinson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5614 ft
United States

I side loaded 4.2.12 from APK Mirror. OTG Worked perfectly on my Pixel XL and I was able to unlock a flight zone from within the app for the first time.

I was flying with WiFi turned off but the app was still able to use cell data with the OTG active.

So far this seems like a huge improvement!
2018-4-20
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

djiuser_cGCqi24ohsNH Posted at 2018-4-19 23:26
how do you have the maps offline?

Hi, sorry my delay... I saw our friend Ricky Aerial aswered your question. Thanks.
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Tested 4.2.12 again today with wifi connection only. No OTG. Follow the same flight path. Video was smooth. I could not find any difference in video quality, using OTG or wifi connection. Throughout the test, 5.8G signal was strong and reliable. Video was continuous and response  instantly when the gimbal moved up/down and was flying sideways.

From now on, fly with wifi connection between RC and phone can be trusted. :-) I give five stars rating to this version.
2018-4-22
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-22 03:30
Tested 4.2.12 again today with wifi connection only. No OTG. Follow the same flight path. Video was smooth. I could not find any difference in video quality, using OTG or wifi connection. Throughout the test, 5.8G signal was strong and reliable. Video was continuous and response  instantly when the gimbal moved up/down and was flying sideways.

From now on, fly with wifi connection between RC and phone can be trusted. :-) I give five stars rating to this version.

Do you use the version that's on APK? the tablet version?
I don't see a phone version. Was there ever one available?
2018-4-22
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-22 03:30
Tested 4.2.12 again today with wifi connection only. No OTG. Follow the same flight path. Video was smooth. I could not find any difference in video quality, using OTG or wifi connection. Throughout the test, 5.8G signal was strong and reliable. Video was continuous and response  instantly when the gimbal moved up/down and was flying sideways.

From now on, fly with wifi connection between RC and phone can be trusted. :-) I give five stars rating to this version.

Hi Rick ! Thank you for the update, I will test them both to test as well.

Are you flying in FCC Mode ? BTW do I leave the Video Cache on so the phone will cache the Streaming footage too please, just in case it crashes and need to see where the last connection was ?

Thanks Rick, Darryl
2018-4-22
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DJI apk mirror, installed on Huawei P9 Plus, android 7.0 phone. There is only one version in the APK mirror, I am unsure whether it was a tablet or phone version. It can be successfully installed on Huawei anyway. I use Fake GPS to force DJI GO 4 to run in FCC mode.
Before the flight, I do the following on Huawei:

1) Turn on areoplane mode with wifi on.
2) Do a complete phone cleanup using Huawei phone cleaning utility.
3) Do not allow any background apk running.
4) Enable GPU hardware decoding.
5) Enable maximum brightness.

I do the following on DJI GO 4:
1) cleanup the video cache.
2) rotate the Spark 360 degree with hand to ensure no IMU/Compass errors.
2018-4-22
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-22 04:12
DJI apk mirror, installed on Huawei P9 Plus, android 7.0 phone. There is only one version in the APK mirror, I am unsure whether it was a tablet or phone version. It can be successfully installed on Huawei anyway. I use Fake GPS to force DJI GO 4 to run in FCC mode.

Thanks Rick,

When they upload on APK Mirror usually in the Description there is Written - For Phone or For Tablet. Right ? Any other way someone know how to know which is which ?

Cheers Rick and Thanks Again !
2018-4-22
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

If I recall correctrly - then generally speaking, variants beginning with 1 are for phones, those that begin with 2 are for tablet.
2018-4-22
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-22 04:18
If I recall correctrly - then generally speaking, variants beginning with 1 are for phones, those that begin with 2 are for tablet.

Shalom brother, yes I read this once, just wanted to make sure. You are 100% Correct.
2018-4-22
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-22 04:18

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.12
April 18, 2018
DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.8
March 25, 2018
DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.6
February 8, 2018

Seems these latest 3 Versions of the DJI GO4 only have 1 Variant available.
2018-4-22
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

DJI apk mirror, installed on Huawei P9 Plus, android 7.0 phone. There is only one version in the APK mirror, I am unsure whether it was a tablet or phone version. It can be successfully installed on Huawei anyway. I use Fake GPS to force DJI GO 4 to run in FCC mode.
Before the flight, I do the following on Huawei:

Rick if you use airplane with Wifi on only, you switch off the GPS on the Phone ?

Does the Spark need GPS on the Phone ?
2018-4-22
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

DJI apk mirror, installed on Huawei P9 Plus, android 7.0 phone. There is only one version in the APK mirror, I am unsure whether it was a tablet or phone version. It can be successfully installed on Huawei anyway. I use Fake GPS to force DJI GO 4 to run in FCC mode.
Before the flight, I do the following on Huawei:

Can you explain how I can do these Rick -

3) Do not allow any background apk running.
4) Enable GPU hardware decoding.

Thank you !

For example my Samsung has the GOPro app always running in background. It takes part of the RAM Memory searching for the Wifi of the GOPro Camera to SYNC with Phone.
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules