OTG WORKS - DJI GO 4 _ 4.2.12 - For Android - 19th April ...
14340 189 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-22 03:58
Do you use the version that's on APK? the tablet version?
I don't see a phone version. Was there ever one available?

I could install the apkmirror version (20.xxxxx) on a huwaei tab and on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Phone.
So give it a try!
2018-4-22
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-22 04:41
Can you explain how I can do these Rick -

3) Do not allow any background apk running.

In Huawei P9 Plus "Setting", "Developer Option"
2018-4-22
Use props
Neville7
lvl.1
Hong Kong

This is a very helpful discussion.  I live in Hong Kong and would like to try OTG on Spark with 4.2.12 (not yet installed, still not officially available here on Play Store for my Galaxy Note 4). Does anyone know where to get the cable below here in Hong Kong?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075N49YLV/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=oxmanagain-20&linkId=7f9e0816f33edde8eb39cc9188293fb7
2018-4-23
Use props
Neville7
lvl.1
Hong Kong

OTG cable for Android
Screenshot_2018-04-24-10-16-18.png
2018-4-23
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Otg still not displaying height,speed, n battery.  Shame!
2018-4-23
Use props
TsukoYomi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23422 ft
Philippines

updated yesterday got the apk from apk mirror... otg works now in android!!!

@edit im on spark btw...
2018-4-23
Use props
CjMiller7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35413 ft
United States

New to the drones and OTG, so hopefully you guys can help out. I was looking into an OTG cable but saw at the time it was not supported with Android ( I have an Samsung S8+). So I stopped looking at what OTG cables did and went on my way using WiFi. However, now that its supposedly working again (or will be soon), what is the main benefit to an OTG cable? I have seen stuff like cutting down the time to connect to the drone and a more stable connection, but is that really it? I haven't had an issue with wifi but 1 time. However I do understand, like most things, hardwired always works better and is more reliable, just wondering what is being made better here with the addition of an OTG cable.
2018-4-23
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I flew again to-day with wifi connection only. As expected, wifi connection worked great. I will not use OTG anymore. Video quality and response makes no difference in wifi and OTG. I flew this new version several times and did not experience any lost connection/no video signal.
DJI pulled out 4.2.12 from playstore shortly after release, may be this version of DJI GO 4 can "Make Spark Great Again!", it may hurt the sales of Mavic Air. :-)

Spark owners should download this APK, DJI may kill this version soon and replace it with an inferior update, to protect the sale of Mavic Air. haha.

I will keep this version and would not allow DJI to auto update. Just in case,DJI wants to kill this version.
Let's looking back. DJI 4 GO, versions 4.1.14, 15 are great, stable and reliable. DJI killed these versions with updates that had plenty of problems. The fate of Spark entered into dark era. Cases of lost Spark, uncontrollable Spark reported nearly every day. Mavic Air came into the market shortly afterwards. Is it a co-incidents?? May be or may be not.
2018-4-24
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-24 01:47
I flew again to-day with wifi connection only. As expected, wifi connection worked great. I will not use OTG anymore. Video quality and response makes no difference in wifi and OTG. I flew this new version several times and did not experience any lost connection/no video signal.
DJI pulled out 4.2.12 from playstore shortly after release, may be this version of DJI GO 4 can "Make Spark Great Again!", it may hurt the sales of Mavic Air. :-)

Thank Ricky for all the Info. I tried to install the APK and gave me an error. Now I found the Problem.

It was asking for 'Resource File - NOT FOUND'.

1) As I never installed the DJI GO4 App I had to install from Google Play.
2) After install it downloaded 'Resource File'.
3) Now I have version 4.2.8 on my Samsung S8+

Questions is - What are my next steps now to install the Version 4.2.12 Rick ? Can I just uninstall the 4.2.8 and then install 4.2.12 ? Also as I use the Samsung S8+ the version available is still the 02 on the APK which usually is for Tablets, I install that version. If I need to do a backup can you explain a bit how to make it. Thank you !
2018-4-24
Use props
jh8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-24 01:47
I flew again to-day with wifi connection only. As expected, wifi connection worked great. I will not use OTG anymore. Video quality and response makes no difference in wifi and OTG. I flew this new version several times and did not experience any lost connection/no video signal.

Were you in CE mode (2.4GHz channels 1-13), not FCC?
2018-4-24
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-24 02:41
Thank Ricky for all the Info. I tried to install the APK and gave me an error. Now I found the Problem.

It was asking for 'Resource File - NOT FOUND'.

I have 4.2.8 installed on my Huawei P9 Plus. I downloaded 4.2.12 in APK mirror and installed the download APK without first uninstalled the  4.2.8 version. The Installation ran as usual and it bootedup 4.2.8 in the process. After finish, it is 4.2.12.
I use "Fake GPS" to force DJI 4 GO running in FCC mode to answer the question of "Jh8".

2018-4-24
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-24 03:13
I have 4.2.8 installed on my Huawei P9 Plus. I downloaded 4.2.12 in APK mirror and installed the download APK without first uninstalled the  4.2.8 version. The Installation ran as usual and it bootedup 4.2.8 in the process. After finish, it is 4.2.12.
I use "Fake GPS" to force DJI 4 GO running in FCC mode to answer the question of "Jh8".

Hi Rick,

All done here.

1) I installed 4.2.8 from Google Play
2) While installing the 4.2.8 App on the Phone it has Downloaded the Resources and created the Allocated Folders from DJI
3) Uninstalled 4.2.8
4) Downloaded 4.2.12 on Phone from APK Mirror
5) While Installing the 4.2.12 App On Phone it has NOW Downloaded the NEW 4.2.12 Resources and created the Allocated Folders from DJI

I cant understand why it didnt work straight from 4.2.12 but anyways, this way it worked.

** I never had any DJI GO4 app installed on my Samsung S8+, so I think the APK was searching for my resources folder and couldnt find it. So to solve do the above and it worked for me. **
2018-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Blellow Posted at 2018-4-23 18:56
Otg still not displaying height,speed, n battery.  Shame!

Which App Version, please?
2018-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

CjMiller7 Posted at 2018-4-23 20:54
New to the drones and OTG, so hopefully you guys can help out. I was looking into an OTG cable but saw at the time it was not supported with Android ( I have an Samsung S8+). So I stopped looking at what OTG cables did and went on my way using WiFi. However, now that its supposedly working again (or will be soon), what is the main benefit to an OTG cable? I have seen stuff like cutting down the time to connect to the drone and a more stable connection, but is that really it? I haven't had an issue with wifi but 1 time. However I do understand, like most things, hardwired always works better and is more reliable, just wondering what is being made better here with the addition of an OTG cable.

my p.o.v.:

One wifi less to worry.
And that is the 5/10cm wifi, from RC to  Device.
That wifi you need to get away from bluetooth devices, or it can get disturbed.
That alone, one wifi less to worry, is for me reason enough.
Also still almost no lag, in case the Spark is a bit further away
2018-4-24
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
United Kingdom

I just noticed that Google Play has updated my app to 4.2.12(574-googlePlay) last night. Will give the OTG a try this evening.
2018-4-24
Use props
SirRobin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9774 ft
Germany

Which of the both apks on apkmirror ist the right one? Same Version 4.2.12 but two variants...hm?

2018-4-25
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-24 05:49
my p.o.v.:

One wifi less to worry.

100% Agree with Seven.

Same thoughts.

Which u prefer in Home Internet Connection -

Wifi Air Signal ?

or

Direct Wired Internet Cable ?

I chose always a WIRED CONNECTION to be far more Reliable, its common sense.
2018-4-25
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SirRobin Posted at 2018-4-25 01:21
Which of the both apks on apkmirror ist the right one? Same Version 4.2.12 but two variants...hm?

I used this one - 2031008

Samsung S8+ worked ok without any problems. Installed well.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
2018-4-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

SirRobin Posted at 2018-4-25 01:21

Thanks for telling!
I have the first 'in use on one phone and one tablet, but couldn't install that on my OP5
Will try the second one.

Out of my experience, yet: Try the first (older) version. That one seems to work
2018-4-25
Use props
ernieken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Installed 4.2.12 as well and signal seems much better. With previous versions sometimes video dropped already after 50 to 60m (that was a reason to use otg with older DJI go version). Today flew 120m away (using wifi) without any problems. Only done one test but first impressions are very good.
2018-4-25
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

ernieken Posted at 2018-4-25 04:07
Installed 4.2.12 as well and signal seems much better. With previous versions sometimes video dropped already after 50 to 60m (that was a reason to use otg with older DJI go version). Today flew 120m away (using wifi) without any problems. Only done one test but first impressions are very good.

Thanks for your update ernieken.
2018-4-25
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Signal is better, but otg is still even better than no otg.
2018-4-25
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Who knows what the heck DJI is doing anymore, I was told last Wednesday that it should be out to everyone by that Friday, here we are a week later, and I STILL haven't seen it in the store.
2018-4-25
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

4.2.12 update just showed up on Google Play for me. Probably won't have time to test it till tomorrow. Nice to see that Spark IS still on the radar for improvements/fixes, despite all the paranoid ranting on the forum about how we've been "abandoned".
2018-4-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Yes it is specifically OTG support for SPARK  the android version is 4.2.12.   I am using an OPPO mobile Android ver 5.1
2018-4-25
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

Also some additional Android-specific improvements such as offline maps performance and media sharing.
2018-4-25
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

What the heck DJI??
2018-4-25
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Fanatic go to the Mirror Website, I installed the first one and many told me it works great. I didnt try it but installed it without problems.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/
2018-4-25
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

OMG !!

Another Version today !

I installed the first version, and it installed ok, but for now cannot fly drone as waiting for permits. I can confirm all seems ok.

Can someone tell us if the New Versions have something different, or any bug fixed as in description all the same.

I think DJI didnt upload on GooglePlay as they are still doing the FINAL TOUCHES to it, so its not really Official, thats what I heard.

We have to wait and see.
2018-4-25
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

There's not some big conspiracy, they aren't blocking it from you. It just takes a while to roll out to every device in every country. Should show up for you any time now! I've seen this with other apps too, not just stuff from DJI.
2018-4-25
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

My android phone (T-mobile REVVL) just updated to 4.2.12 b577-Google automatically in California.  I'll try it out tomorrow, but other people should get it soon.  Funny, but my other phone (S8) has it installed but shows no update when checking for updates on GP store.
2018-4-25
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft

Been following this and just checked my phone with Verizon and was shocked as it updated to the new.  I did check yesterday but had the old.  phone did not tell me that it did any updates but seems it did.
2018-4-25
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I am Wondering about this if anyone can Help - My Phone I was using is Samsung S8+- Set to Manual Updates so that any Update will need my Confirmation to be Installed

1) So I downloaded the 4.2.12 from the APK Mirror via Chrome Download
2) Installed the App from APK Mirror and Installed Resources Files
3) App from APK 4.2.12 - ALL INSTALLED PERFECTLY

Yesterday - from MALTA - EUROPE

1) Google Play made available the NEW Update the DJI GO4 in Google Play to the Newest Version 4.2.12 from the 4.2.8, File Size about 169MB (Maybe Both Phone & Tablet Version).
2) Google Play sent me Notification that - THERE IS UPDATE TO 4.2.12

Question is -

A) Why did Google Play tell me to UPDATE to NEW 4.2.12 Version, if I had installed it from the APK already which was already 4.2.12 ?
B) Are the APK Versions from the Mirror Site not Original DJI ?

Can DJI Support / Someone Clear this out for me please ?

Thank you so much, Darryl
2018-4-26
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-26 01:21
I am Wondering about this if anyone can Help - My Phone I was using is Samsung S8+- Set to Manual Updates so that any Update will need my Confirmation to be Installed

1) So I downloaded the 4.2.12 from the APK Mirror via Chrome Download

The reason is simple. There are at least three different builds of DJI GO 4 4.2.12 . If you take a look in the Me section, click on the Settings (the gear icon in the upper right corner) and scroll down, you will notice that you have DJI GO 4 v4.2.12(577-googlePlay) - that should be the newest version (newest build).
2018-4-26
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-26 02:48
The reason is simple. There are at least three different builds of DJI GO 4 4.2.12 . If you take a look in the Me section, click on the Settings (the gear icon in the upper right corner) and scroll down, you will notice that you have DJI GO 4 v4.2.12(577-googlePlay) - that should be the newest version (newest build).

Thanks so much Vy, so from the APK Mirror (although they are uploaded by Users Manually... I Think) the DJI GO4 is not modded in anyway or not original ?

Its still safe to use th APK Mirror to downgrade if needed, from the Mirror Site right ?

I ask you as your are the PRO mate and will never use Modded Apps for my Drone.
2018-4-26
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-26 02:51
Thanks so much Vy, so from the APK Mirror (although they are uploaded by Users Manually... I Think) the DJI GO4 is not modded in anyway or not original ?

Its still safe to use th APK Mirror to downgrade if needed, from the Mirror Site right ?

They are all original ones. The different build usually suggests that there are some minor bug fixes but nothing large enough to deserve a new version (4.2.13 or something like that). The version on the APK Mirror is without any modifications, it just doesn't has to be the newest build that DJI released.
2018-4-26
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-4-26 03:12
They are all original ones. The different build usually suggests that there are some minor bug fixes but nothing large enough to deserve a new version (4.2.13 or something like that). The version on the APK Mirror is without any modifications, it just doesn't has to be the newest build that DJI released.

I am telling you this Vy, as I downloaded on my PC the ones we talked about -

4.1.14 / 4.1.15 / and now this one 4.2.12, so in case we need these files I will have them on my PC.

Thanks again Vy, as always for all your Help !
2018-4-26
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

4.2.12 just landed in the UK Play Store for me!
2018-4-26
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

ZarcTheSpark Posted at 2018-4-25 16:09
My android phone (T-mobile REVVL) just updated to 4.2.12 b577-Google automatically in California.  I'll try it out tomorrow, but other people should get it soon.  Funny, but my other phone (S8) has it installed but shows no update when checking for updates on GP store.

YES!!! Finally got it, just tried it out, all OTG functions are working, haven't flown yet though
2018-4-26
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-26 05:38
YES!!! Finally got it, just tried it out, all OTG functions are working, haven't flown yet though

Very well. Thanks for your update Fanatic.
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules