OTG WORKS - DJI GO 4 _ 4.2.12 - For Android - 19th April ...
14355 189 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

JimFandango Posted at 2018-4-26 04:25
4.2.12 just landed in the UK Play Store for me!

Well done Mate ! Happy you have it there too, yesterday available in Malta too.
2018-4-26
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

So as an old time IOS, OTG flyer I decided to download the new Android DJI GO 4  v 4.2.12 (577)  app and try out the OTG feature on my Samsung S6,, and yes,, it works just fine,, All Telemetry data available,,i.e. Height, Speed, Battery, etc. Did a couple of flights, used up two batteries with Video and photos and all worked just fine. So OTG is back for Android.  App downloaded via Google Play  
2018-4-27
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

I got my update by the Google Play (577) for a Samsung A5(2016). Everything is working fine. For the OTG I had to charge the phone to 100%, otherwise he started to switch between charging and the app, now he is charging on the background. In the settings the band analyzer shows only the 2.4 band not the 5 band. The map offline is back.
2018-4-27
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Flighty Posted at 2018-4-27 03:22
So as an old time IOS, OTG flyer I decided to download the new Android DJI GO 4  v 4.2.12 (577)  app and try out the OTG feature on my Samsung S6,, and yes,, it works just fine,, All Telemetry data available,,i.e. Height, Speed, Battery, etc. Did a couple of flights, used up two batteries with Video and photos and all worked just fine. So OTG is back for Android.  App downloaded via Google Play

Thank you Flighty ! Roger that !
2018-4-27
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-4-27 04:05
I got my update by the Google Play (577) for a Samsung A5(2016). Everything is working fine. For the OTG I had to charge the phone to 100%, otherwise he started to switch between charging and the app, now he is charging on the background. In the settings the band analyzer shows only the 2.4 band not the 5 band. The map offline is back.

Thank you so much SubUser for sharing. Noted.

Seems everything is ok now.

Thanks again to all DJI Support for making this Possible.
2018-4-27
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Still no update 4.2.12 for the Crystal-sky.
I have a 5.5 it is also an Android machine, so what is the problem ?
I have the same OTG problems (4.2.8) with my Spark.
I cannot install the apk.

I love the bright screen, but....
2018-4-27
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

About band analyzer for the 5 GHz.
This did work on the v4.2.12(557) apk version and stopped working on the v4.2.12(574).
Due to the switching of the charging phone and app with the OTG cable, I stopped testing this versions.
2018-4-27
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-4-27 04:27
This did work on the v4.2.12(557) apk version and stopped working on the v4.2.12(574).
Due to the switching of the charging phone and app with the OTG cable, I stopped testing this versions.

Subuser, I found this reply to the OTG Problem where the Phone thinks its Charging -

Quick update for anyone else who may have this problem. I simply rebooted my phone and everything is working again.

Can you try re-booting the phone completely and let us know if it solved the issue.

Thanks,

Darryl
2018-4-27
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-4-27 04:27
This did work on the v4.2.12(557) apk version and stopped working on the v4.2.12(574).

In Europe do you use 5.8GHz ? Isnt the longer wave 2.4GHZ better for distance ?

Or you just wanted to point out about the Analyzer of the 5.8GHz ?
2018-4-27
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hello Darryl,

I did restart the phone first with no luck, charging the phone to 100% did do the trick.
This phone has a fast-charging capability, maybe that is in the way.
I do not know on what level it maybe will come back, hopefully not during the flight.
I am a model-flyer so i can fly on sight with only att.mode, but if the RC is not working I am out of luck.
For me is flying only on screen a challenge, it is against my nature as model-flyer.
I think is better to check this first near the ground.
A other thing is if the phone is draining the RC that is a bad situation.

For the 5.8 GHz band analyzer : It does not show, but band it is working.
I live in a hi-populated area, so the 2.4 GHz is very busy, for me it is better to use the 5.8 GHz.
In good situation the 5.8 GHz band has the same range, but the higher the frequency the more its acts like light.
If you are little bit of with your antenna you get a bigger drop in strength and  and has a poorly penetrated power (light can only go to a few things).
Because we use this band often for WiFi inside it has a bad name for range, but the walls are the guilty ones.

Regards.
2018-4-27
Use props
ClarinetProf
lvl.3
United States

SubUser Posted at 2018-4-27 04:17
Still no update 4.2.12 for the Crystal-sky.
I have a 5.5 it is also an Android machine, so what is the problem ?
I have the same OTG problems (4.2.8) with my Spark.

I'm waiting as well.  I would've thought updates for the Crystal Sky would be first.
2018-4-27
Use props
MikeTheBik68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77979 ft
Netherlands

Also 4.2.12 in the Netherlands.  OTG works like charm.
2018-4-27
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-4-27 15:17
Hello Darryl,

I did restart the phone first with no luck, charging the phone to 100% did do the trick.

Hi Sub,

So with other version of the DJI Go4 App, the OTG didnt drain the Remote Battery ? Before 4.2.12 ?
2018-4-27
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

MikeTheBik68 Posted at 2018-4-27 21:34
Also 4.2.12 in the Netherlands.  OTG works like charm.

Thanks Mike !
2018-4-27
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hello Mike,

What phone or device are your using ?
2018-4-28
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

The threshold when my phone was alternating switching between charging and the app was about 75% charge of the phone (Samsung A5-2016).
So I switched back to my mini-ipad 4.

Happy Flying and be safe.
2018-4-28
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-4-28 09:38
The threshold when my phone was alternating switching between charging and the app was about 75% charge of the phone (Samsung A5-2016).
So I switched back to my mini-ipad 4.

Thanks Subuser ! Well noted.

Happy Flying to You too.
2018-4-28
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

4.2.12 is now in Google Play in Israel as well, but for some reason the input about OTG returning for Spark is not in the release notes.
I wonder... does anyone else see this? Do you have the input about OTG coming back to Spark in the release notes? it was there when 4.2.12 first emerged.
Guess I won't know until I try.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-29 04:18
4.2.12 is now in Google Play in Israel as well, but for some reason the input about OTG returning for Spark is not in the release notes.
I wonder... does anyone else see this? Do you have the input about OTG coming back to Spark in the release notes? it was there when 4.2.12 first emerged.
Guess I won't know until I try.

The Google Play 4.2.12 that was released few days ago had support for OTG. The Version on the APK Mirror updated its Version too and have the Release Notes saying OTG Support.

DJI GO 4.2.12 Release Note

Spark (Android only)

- Optimized OTG performance and bugfixes in camera view.

Mavic Air

- Added instruction for Group Selfie in SmartCapture mode.
- Optimized APAS interactive experience.

General

- Simplified and reduced pop-up messages.
- Optimized offline map performance (Android only).
- Supported media sharing in Playback (Android only).
- General bug fixes.

Here is the Link - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

Thats why many upgraded to 4.2.12 from 4.1.15.

Just dont use the 4.2.12 to Setup the New Spark, as many complained they wont be able to FLY and their aircraft was Locked, this was Solved by setting up the Spark Drone using Version 4.1.15.

If you want afterwards you can turn on Automatic Updates again and upgrade to 4.2.12. Some reported to me that it worked. If you have probs let us know brother !

This is my post if you have a NEW SPARK DRONE - which I posted after seeing many People Complain about 'AIRCRAFT LOCKED' and tried to solve it, Hopefully it Worked.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-146031-1-1.html

Shalom Brother !

2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 07:19
The Google Play 4.2.12 that was released few days ago had support for OTG. The Version on the APK Mirror updated its Version too and have the Release Notes saying OTG Support.

DJI GO 4.2.12 Release Note

Grazzi ħafna man! My Spark isn't new, in fact it's almost a year old and had already been initialized and flown, so from what I'm reading I'm not supposed to have a problem, right?
I don't see the phrase about Spark in the release notes in the Google Play version I see here in israel. Strange. So I guess I'll have to try and see for myself.
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-30 21:00
Grazzi ħafna man! My Spark isn't new, in fact it's almost a year old and had already been initialized and flown, so from what I'm reading I'm not supposed to have a problem, right?
I don't see the phrase about Spark in the release notes in the Google Play version I see here in israel. Strange. So I guess I'll have to try and see for myself.

You speak Maltese too.

I am sure you wont have any issues Brother using 4.2.12

Have a Good Day !
2018-4-30
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Did You notice Guys, that the latest DJI Go4 version in PlayStore (4.2.12) say nothing about OTG upgrade for Spark on Android as it was in first versions of 4.2.12 ( build 557....)
Does this mean, that DGI changed their mind and decided not to support OTG for Spark?
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-30 23:02
You speak Maltese too.

I am sure you wont have any issues Brother using 4.2.12

Google Translate speaks Maltese.... Wouldn't attribute that to me
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

nixuspix Posted at 2018-4-30 23:34
Did You notice Guys, that the latest DJI Go4 version in PlayStore (4.2.12) say nothing about OTG upgrade for Spark on Android as it was in first versions of 4.2.12 ( build 557....)
Does this mean, that DGI changed their mind and decided not to support OTG for Spark?

Yes, I just addressed that in my message too.
We won't know until we try, but I guess you can always take the first build from apkmirror in case of need.
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Did You notice Guys, that the latest DJI Go4 version in PlayStore (4.2.12) say nothing about OTG upgrade for Spark on Android as it was in first versions of 4.2.12 ( build 557....)

Hi Nixus,

Many have installed are reported it works well.
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-30 23:41
Google Translate speaks Maltese.... Wouldn't attribute that to me

Shalom ! תודה רבה לך אחי !
2018-4-30
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-4-30 23:42
Yes, I just addressed that in my message too.
We won't know until we try, but I guess you can always take the first build from apkmirror in case of need.

First Option Starting 10..  4.1.15 is for Phone

Second Option Starting 20... is for Tablets

Third Option Starting 30... is for Both (Complete Package)
2018-4-30
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Did You notice Guys, that the latest DJI Go4 version in PlayStore (4.2.12) say nothing about OTG upgrade for Spark on Android as it was in first versions of 4.2.12 ( build 557....)

I can confirm that the note about the OTG is gone even in Czech Rep. The OTG remains functional though.

I still haven't been able to figure out why I can't switch from 5,8GHz  to 2,4GHz, or why I can't see the WiFi channel info. Due to the lack of  support from DJI, I had to fool the app to think that I am in the US to  increase the output of 5,8GHz to get better range. It is usable this way  but I still can't tell which channels are being affected by  interference and which are safe to use ...

2018-4-30
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Yes i understand and confirm, that the OTG still works, but the situation is just reversed back, like it was until 4.1.15. OTG was working, but not oficially supported, so it can disappear again at every next update. That's what makes me to sorrow
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

nixuspix Posted at 2018-5-1 00:06
Yes i understand and confirm, that the OTG still works, but the situation is just reversed back, like it was until 4.1.15. OTG was working, but not oficially supported, so it can disappear again at every next update. That's what makes me to sorrow

If you need 100% OTG Support - DJI will tell you go for Mavic Pro.

Lets Thank God we have OTG Support and DJI Helped a lot by listening to us, lets look at the Glass Half Full and Be Positive.

What matters is that DJI addressed the issues, and now OTG is working. Thats enough for me, and I THANK all DJI Support for listening to us Pilots !
2018-5-1
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Still not updated as yet.... I'm android (Samsung S8) and will probably go flying this coming weekend. So, should i update? I would like to try OTG but fear other problems as above and wasn't sure if it was wise or not?
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-5-1 01:50
Still not updated as yet.... I'm android (Samsung S8) and will probably go flying this coming weekend. So, should i update? I would like to try OTG but fear other problems as above and wasn't sure if it was wise or not?

Do some flights with the 4.1.15, leave it for 1 or 2 more flights then upgrade to 4.2.12.

You wont have a problem to upgrade as the Spark is taking off normally right ? As we faced an issue that when you setup the NEW SPARK with 4.2.12 there was a big problem of getting the Spark LOCKED. https://forum.dji.com/thread-146031-1-1.html

This problem doesnt concern you if you managed to setup the Spark and you where able to fly it.

If it was me, I will give it sometime, then turn Autoupdates ON on Android and safely update to Google Play's latest version 4.2.12 which has OTG Support as works really good.

If you need anything PM me anytime, I am here to give my Contribution to you Guys. Enjoy Brother !
2018-5-1
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 01:57
Do some flights with the 4.1.15, leave it for 1 or 2 more flights then upgrade to 4.2.12.

You wont have a problem to upgrade as the Spark is taking off normally right ? As we faced an issue that when you setup the NEW SPARK with 4.2.12 there was a big problem of getting the Spark LOCKED. https://forum.dji.com/thread-146031-1-1.html

Yeah i have had a few flights with the current 4.1.15 already and it's been performing better than ever if i'm honest. Ahaaa! Fine work my friend, my Spark is antique i got it on release and have always wanted to try OTG for obvious reasons.... I live in the UK> Yeah good call, i'll probably update before the weekend then give it a proper test.
Appreciate the help
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-5-1 02:03
Yeah i have had a few flights with the current 4.1.15 already and it's been performing better than ever if i'm honest. Ahaaa! Fine work my friend, my Spark is antique i got it on release and have always wanted to try OTG for obvious reasons.... I live in the UK> Yeah good call, i'll probably update before the weekend then give it a proper test.
Appreciate the help

You are Very Welcome Dear Wilfred.

I suggest you dont turn AUTOUPDATE ON, I love to leave them Manual, so that I install all Programs with my confirmation, as you will never know when a 'BUGGED' Version will be released in the Near Future.

But from my Friends who are really BIG PROs, I can tell you that 4.2.12 is VERY STABLE and Supports OTG. Infact I bought the Original OTG Cable + Lightning for my IPHONE 7+ and USBC for my Samsung S8+. I always use Originals when it concerns ELECTRONICS, like cable which transfer data, batteries (cheap ones are DANGEROUS !!!) etc... Some friend had issues with 3rd Party Cable, loosing connections inflight, so they had to take out, reconnect, take out, reconnect again until the App recognises that there is Cable Attached. Most probably the Cheap Ebay Versions wont be of High Quality and may cause Disconnections.

I will never risk a $699 Drone with a $3 Cheap Cable. My Original DJI Cables including OTG / Lightning (was most Expensive), and USB-C Cable from DJI costed about $40. For me its Safe and Peace of Mind.

If you need anything I am just a call away. Have a nice day Will.

Darryl
DMX_MLT

2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

My DJI Original OTG Cables -

2018-5-1
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 02:23
You are Very Welcome Dear Wilfred.

I suggest you dont turn AUTOUPDATE ON, I love to leave them Manual, so that I install all Programs with my confirmation, as you will never know when a 'BUGGED' Version will be released in the Near Future.

Yes me too, i'll do it manual just incase like you say!
Oh superb, this is good to know. I have a maplin one as there wasn't an official USB C one available, especially in the UK> Maybe I should try and see if there is an official DJI one before i try my unofficial one.
Exactly that, i had to save for my Spark, i'm far from rich!! That little fella is my pride and joy I will always be sensible and not take risks when flying; always have!!!

Much appreciated Darryl. All the best

Will
2018-5-1
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 02:25
My DJI Original OTG Cables -

[view_image]

Thats the IOS one right?
2018-5-1
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

After flying a couple of times, and losing connection with 4.2.12, I have gone back to 4.1.15
2018-5-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-20 02:38
During the comparison, I observed that Mavic Air connected to RC using 5.8G at takeoff. As the signal was getting weaker, Mavic Air automatically changed to  2.4G.  Signal was strong but the video transmission became broken two times. Spark using 4.2.12 stayed on 5.8G throughout the testing.
I asked my friend whether this was a usual behaviour, i.e. auto changing from 5.8G to 2.4G, of Mavic Air. He said that it was but sometimes experienced broken video with good signal, but do not know why?
The comparision test was done in highly interference urban area, may be Mavic Air got a strong interference during the flight.

Actually I had the same issue while using OTG cable on V4.4.2.12 where the 5.8GHZ switched to 2.4GHZ while I lost connection with the SPARK at nearly 800 meters from home point.  The SPARK returned very precisely to the home location but again the switch happened  once it neared the home point by switching back  to 5.8GHz.
I don't think this is a concern as long as the software does it correctly.
2018-5-1
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

I see that most have no problems with version 12.
Could you inform us about the brand and type us use as equipment ?
So we get an overview of what is working and what not.

It is for DJI difficult to make software will work with all the different Android equipment.
I did read somewhere that the preferred IOS system is the Iphone 7, so they start to develop first with this type.
I am wondering what brand and type of the Android they start with to develop the software for the Android.

2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules