OTG WORKS - DJI GO 4 _ 4.2.12 - For Android - 19th April ...
14339 189 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Yes the First Picture is for IOS - Lightning Cable.

There are 3 Different ones -

USB to Lightning (IOS)
USB to USB-C (Mostly Android + Newer Phones)
USB to Micro USB  (Older Phones)
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

This is the USB to USB-C
DJI Spark - OTG for Android.jpg
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

This is the USB to Micro USB

2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-5-1 07:30
Yes me too, i'll do it manual just incase like you say!
Oh superb, this is good to know. I have a maplin one as there wasn't an official USB C one available, especially in the UK> Maybe I should try and see if there is an official DJI one before i try my unofficial one.
Exactly that, i had to save for my Spark, i'm far from rich!! That little fella is my pride and joy I will always be sensible and not take risks when flying; always have!!!

Cheers Wilfred, Always at your Service Sir.
Its been a Pleasure having a discussion with such a Gentleman like You.

DMX_MLT (Darryl)
2018-5-1
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-1 08:17
I see that most have no problems with version 12.
Could you inform us about the brand and type us use as equipment ?
So we get an overview of what is working and what not.

Hey Sub,

I have Samsung S8+ and recently bought an IPhone 7+.

I will be using IPhone 7+ specificly for the DJI Software.

The Thing is that Android has many Variants re OS, not like the IPhone's IOS which is only for the brand Apple.

With Android there are so many phones, that programmers have a nightmare so that their Software is Compatible with all Platforms. Just an example all these Asian Phones, Samsung, HTC, Nexus, you name it all have Android Operating Systems. So bugs do emerge more in Androids and thats not the Programmers Fault, even in todays world, there are so many Updates that sometimes it causes issues at a later stage, as an OS Update can effect your programs.

So for a safer and more reliable OS I chose Apple.

As the Drone is a Machine and will be in the Air I wanted Stability. And that means IPhone 7+ for me.

On the other hand the Samsung will be used for other things like my GO Pro Hero 6, Canon Cameras etc.... Which doesnt need 100% reliabilty, if there is a Bug with the GO Pro or Canon Programs it wont be the end of the World.

Thats just my Opinion, I am not a Fanatic or a Brainwashed Maniac on Apple or Android, no one gives me FREE stuff. I just use all Platforms and adapt accordingly to my Needs.

DMX_MLT (Darryl)

2018-5-1
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 09:57
This is the USB to USB-C

Can't find that on DJI store or anywhere else? Only the DJI Goggles OTG on the DJI site but its IOS?
2018-5-2
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 10:15
Cheers Wilfred, Always at your Service Sir.
Its been a Pleasure having a discussion with such a Gentleman like You.

Much appreciated Darryl, really appreciate the assistance and information here. Goes a long way. You're a saint.

Peace

2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-5-2 00:32
Can't find that on DJI store or anywhere else? Only the DJI Goggles OTG on the DJI site but its IOS?

Let me find one for you. Is it ok from Germany ?

I buy almost everything from UK / Germany / Austria.

Give me 1 minute.
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-5-2 00:34
Much appreciated Darryl, really appreciate the assistance and information here. Goes a long way. You're a saint.

Peace

Here they are -

When I bought them, I put them in cart so I have FREE Shipping on the other item, I suggest you get Original OTG too, as it only costs less than £5.

Original OTG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Origi ... 2060353.m2749.l2649

Original USB to USB-C

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-R ... 2060353.m2749.l2649
2018-5-2
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-2 01:44
Let me find one for you. Is it ok from Germany ?

I buy almost everything from UK / Germany / Austria.

It's cool amigo, you're not my personal shopper I'll try and have another look later. Oh and ideally UK but yeah i trust German post its very reliable.....
Much appreciated boss
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-5-2 02:19
It's cool amigo, you're not my personal shopper  I'll try and have another look later. Oh and ideally UK but yeah i trust German post its very reliable.....
Much appreciated boss

You are always Welcome Sir.
2018-5-2
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-2 01:53
Here they are -

I put them in cart so I have FREE Shipping on the other item, I suggest you get Original OTG too, as it only costs less than £5.

You're a legend Darryl, I've added both to my ebay and will purchase them this afternoon!
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-5-2 02:36
You're a legend Darryl, I've added both to my ebay and will purchase them this afternoon!

Thanks Great, like that you will be 100% Safe Wilfred.

I have both Samsung S8+ and IPhone 7+. Strangely the Iphone one costed almost £25 !

If you need anything let me know Sir ! We are here to help each other.
2018-5-2
Use props
Volvodr66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12933 ft

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-2 02:26
You are always Welcome Sir.

Darryl,
I know this topic mainly concerns Android but i have a question? Does OTG work on IOS as well. I’m on 4.2.12 and have a micro usb to lightning cable that came with an iPad mini holder that clamps to my RC. I have not been able to get it to work properly.  Is it supposed to work? Do you think it may be my cable? Should I order the lightning to female usb cable in your post and try that instead.  Thanks for your input.
2018-5-3
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Volvodr66 Posted at 2018-5-3 13:13
Darryl,
I know this topic mainly concerns Android but i have a question? Does OTG work on IOS as well. I’m on 4.2.12 and have a micro usb to lightning cable that came with an iPad mini holder that clamps to my RC. I have not been able to get it to work properly.  Is it supposed to work? Do you think it may be my cable? Should I order the lightning to female usb cable in your post and try that instead.  Thanks for your input.

Hello Volvo,

I have this OTG and Cable which is Original DJI.

1) The OTG is Mini USB that connects to the Remote, and to a Female USB Socket to the Cable
2) The Cable is USB that connects from the OTG Female Socket to the IPhone 7+ Lightning

Remote ---> Mini USB -----> USB Female <----- USB Male <------- Lighting <------- IPhone 7+

I changed from Samsung S8+ to Iphone 7+ as many friends recommended it. IPhone always had no problems with OTG, as IPhone has just 1 variant Operating System. Android give trouble as the Programmers find lots of hassle and hurdles to do 1 DJI GO4 for the VARIOUS LOTS of Android OS and Phones, thats why its always Buggy. I suggest use IOS. I dedicated mine just for DJI Drones.

The Samsung will be used for other things like GOPRO etc...

Here is the Pic -

2018-5-3
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Volvodr66 Posted at 2018-5-3 13:13
Darryl,
I know this topic mainly concerns Android but i have a question? Does OTG work on IOS as well. I’m on 4.2.12 and have a micro usb to lightning cable that came with an iPad mini holder that clamps to my RC. I have not been able to get it to work properly.  Is it supposed to work? Do you think it may be my cable? Should I order the lightning to female usb cable in your post and try that instead.  Thanks for your input.

Volvo you only used the IPhone to connect to the Drone till now ? Thats what I am assuming, and you are using the Virtual Joysticks on the IPhone.

Maybe the Problem is that the Spark is Setup to Connect to the Phone ONLY, now you need to Set it to connect to the Remote, you need to Reset the Spark I will explain.

After the Spark has been powered on, (Press, Press Again for 3 Seconds)

Press and hold the power button for:

• 3 seconds (or until you hear 1 beep) to link the remote controller to the Spark
  • 6 seconds (or until you hear 2 beeps) to disconnect the remote controller (so you can enable virtual joysticks)
  • 9 seconds (or until you hear 3 beeps) to reset the Wi-Fi

I will attach video to help you more Volvo, no need to reset WIFI or Password for now. All you need to do this Procedure to Press Button for 3 Seconds to Switch Spark to connect to Remote Controller -

2018-5-3
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-1 15:07
Hey Sub,

I have Samsung S8+ and recently bought an IPhone 7+.

Hello DMX,

Thank you for sharing this information.

I think it is a good choice you did make, so far I could find is the IPhone 7 the preferred model for the IOS system by DJI. So the "test model" for there IOS software. I am also a software developer, we test our software first for one model and than roll it out for the other models. The last part is very time consuming and expensive. It is much easier if there is only one brand with a consistent way of development like Apple.

Regards Sub.
2018-5-3
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-3 13:38
Hello DMX,

Thank you for sharing this information.

Spot on Sub, I used to be a Programmer too. Those time learning Binary Code and C++.

Those where nice times at College.

Thanks for the Support Dear SubUser !
2018-5-3
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-3 13:42
Spot on Sub, I used to be a Programmer too. Those time learning Binary Code and C++.

Those where nice times at College.

Did you use a PDP-8 from Digital with the switches in the front to get the boots-trap program in ?

Regards Sub
2018-5-3
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-3 13:46
Did you use a PDP-8 from Digital with the switches in the front to get the boots-trap program in ?

Regards Sub

Lol ! No we didnt go that deep in those machines

I remember first we did like the basics of early computers with tubes (Tubes where like Glass Missiles !!!) The Old Computers where as big as about 3 full size rooms. One big as a room just to act as a Calculator and Payroll Machine.

Then some basics on Binary Codes, those where a head first, then started moving towards Assessments and C++.
2018-5-3
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-3 13:47
Lol ! No we didnt go that deep in those machines

I remember first we did like the basics of early computers with tubes (Tubes where like Glass Missiles !!!) The Old Computers where as big as about 3 full size rooms, just to act as a Calculator

Nice,

We had some calculators with nixie tubes.
I have to go, its already late over here.

Regards.
2018-5-3
Use props
Volvodr66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12933 ft

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-3 13:36
Volvo you only used the IPhone to connect to the Drone till now ? Thats what I am assuming, and you are using the Virtual Joysticks on the IPhone.

Maybe the Problem is that the Spark is Setup to Connect to the Phone ONLY, now you need to Set it to connect to the Remote, you need to Reset the Spark I will explain.

Thanks for the reply, no I’m not using just the iPhone to connect to the Spark. I’ve been using the remote and the iPhone together all along with the iPhone connected to the remote by wi-fo. I just tried connecting the iPhone to the remote with the OTG cable and could not get it to work.  But I am using a single cable, (usb mini to lightning) where I think most people use two cables connected together like you do.  I was thinking that may be my problem.  I’ll do some more testing tomorrow and see what I can come up with now that I know it is actually supposed to work.  Thanks for the info.
2018-5-3
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Hi Volvo,

There is a type of Sequence in connecting the OTG the Proper Way.
2018-5-4
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-4 01:52
Hi Volvo,

There is a type of Sequence in connecting the OTG the Proper Way, Try this -

This is working for me with the iPad mini 4 with the version 12.
You should get that message box when you plug the cable on the RC.
If the message box is not showing up: try again by unplug it from the RC en back.
The message box should now show up.

Are your sure that the cable is an OTG cable ( on the side of the USB connector) ?
The OTG cable has a short between the sense/id (pin4) and the mass (pin5) on the USB.
This informs the RC that it have to go into "OTG mode".
2018-5-4
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-4 07:18
This is working for me with the iPad mini 4 with the version 12.
You should get that message box when you plug the cable on the RC.
If the message box is not showing up: try again by unplug it from the RC en back.

I use this - Original DJI

2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_tqQXkgSeTBPp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12270 ft
Greece

hello guys, i have a problem. I bought a dji spark w/ remote controller , my phone is samsung galaxy s8 and i want to make livestream on facebook but when the controller is connected through wifi this choice of live stream disappears. I can not connect my spark with otg cable.. my android system is 8.0.0 (OREO) and GO app 4 is 4.2.12. please help me.
2018-5-9
Use props
djiuser_0xF6tzdu5bx6
New
Flight distance : 630 ft

Spain

Hi folks,
I recently bought a used Spark Combo. It works fine, but I wanted to go OTG. The cable arrived this morning and I tried to connect, but it didn't work. So I read all 5 pages of this thread and installed the 4.2.12(577) software that was linked above. The drone still works fine with wifi. But if I put the phone into Airplane Mode and then start up the devices in the recommended sequence above, I get no connection. My cables are: a 90 degree micro USB male to a standard USB female - this one is listed as an OTG cable.. Then I use a standard USB male to micro USB male to go to the RC Controller.
When I plug in, there is no reaction whatsoever and of course, when I open DJI Go 4, it says Disconnected. I don't know if I have missed anything. I've watched about 20 YouTube videos and can't take any more. For now, I am flying wifi without problems in a very busy urban setting. But I haven't tried to go very far, yet.....
If anybody has any insights, I am really in need of them.....
Thanks.....
2018-6-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_0xF6tzdu5bx6 Posted at 2018-6-21 09:48
Hi folks,
I recently bought a used Spark Combo. It works fine, but I wanted to go OTG. The cable arrived this morning and I tried to connect, but it didn't work. So I read all 5 pages of this thread and installed the 4.2.12(577) software that was linked above. The drone still works fine with wifi. But if I put the phone into Airplane Mode and then start up the devices in the recommended sequence above, I get no connection. My cables are: a 90 degree micro USB male to a standard USB female - this one is listed as an OTG cable.. Then I use a standard USB male to micro USB male to go to the RC Controller.
When I plug in, there is no reaction whatsoever and of course, when I open DJI Go 4, it says Disconnected. I don't know if I have missed anything. I've watched about 20 YouTube videos and can't take any more. For now, I am flying wifi without problems in a very busy urban setting. But I haven't tried to go very far, yet.....

Try this Procedure - Its Important to follow the Steps, as sometimes it wont recognize it.

Wish you Best of Luck Buddy !

2018-6-21
Use props
Quijote
New
Flight distance : 630 ft

Spain

djiuser_0xF6tzdu5bx6 Posted at 2018-6-21 09:48
Hi folks,
I recently bought a used Spark Combo. It works fine, but I wanted to go OTG. The cable arrived this morning and I tried to connect, but it didn't work. So I read all 5 pages of this thread and installed the 4.2.12(577) software that was linked above. The drone still works fine with wifi. But if I put the phone into Airplane Mode and then start up the devices in the recommended sequence above, I get no connection. My cables are: a 90 degree micro USB male to a standard USB female - this one is listed as an OTG cable.. Then I use a standard USB male to micro USB male to go to the RC Controller.

I found a solution!!! All I did was to reverse the cables. I put the standard microUSB in the phone and then connected to the OTG cable which plugged into the RC Controller - Voila - a little beep and the program launched.
Very happy!!!
2018-6-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Well done happy you fixed your problem.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules