How to know a time when i capture a picture?
1296 12 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JooMoo
lvl.1

Thailand

Hi guys.
     Now I research about an application for calculating information form a picture form DJI Phantom 3 drone.

I have 4 flight logs; FLY175.config, FLY175(in excel), FLY175(dat file) and FLY175.log.

I want to know information about a time when I capture a picture and degrees of 3-axial of the camera.

But I don't know how to find or how to read an information it in flight log.

If anyone knows about that, can you tell me for that?

THANK YOU for help me.
2018-4-19
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

You are looking at the wrong files, JooMoo.
For your purposes the flight record on your device is important. Not the .dat files stored in the internal SD card within the drone.

The flight record is a .txt file stored with each flight on your tablet/smartphone.
You find it in the DJI folder. The name of the file starts with "DJIFlightRecord_" followed by date and time.

A nice site to view these files is https://app.airdata.com
Upload your file and under the tab "General" > "Photos" you will see a map showing at what exact time and angle you shot photos.

Airdata has also apps for Apple/Android that retrieve the flight records from your DJI folder and upload them to that site.
That saves you the workaround of copying the flight record from device to computer...

2018-4-19
Use props
JooMoo
lvl.1

Thailand

Eric13 Posted at 2018-4-19 12:28
You are looking at the wrong files, JooMoo.
For your purposes the flight record on your device is important. Not the .dat files stored in the internal SD card within the drone.

Thank you Eric13. I'll try for doing it.
If I found that or not, I would to tell you again.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi JooMoo, you can also enable the video caption in camera settings to view the capture time.
2018-4-19
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-19 19:20
Hi JooMoo, you can also enable the video caption in camera settings to view the capture time.

If we forget to set it then the IRFANVIEW can do it too,load the picture in to viewer and look into the picture info in pull down menu. It shows the cam type the time the resolution and the height of the AC.
2018-4-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

No need for Ifranview or any special tools .............

Transfer the photo to your PC .... right click on the photo and select PROPERTIES.

The info you get from that is astounding .....

Not only the camera used ... but focal length and settings ..... latitude / longitude ..... even altitude ..... time and date created .... modified ...... etc.
Here's one of my DJI photos info :

But as to gimbal / axial settings - that's somewhere on the DJI ....

Nigel

2018-4-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Many ways lead to Rome. Thanks for the info.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-21 00:29
If we forget to set it then the IRFANVIEW can do it too,load the picture in to viewer and look into the picture info in pull down menu. It shows the cam type the time the resolution and the height of the AC.

Live and learn.
2018-4-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

My post #6 is easier !!  NO need for any program or utility .......... PC's have done this since start of Windows and GUI ...

Nigel
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

solentlife Posted at 2018-4-23 05:39
My post #6 is easier !!  NO need for any program or utility .......... PC's have done this since start of Windows and GUI ...

Nigel

Agree! Just forget to add another message.
2018-4-24
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-22 00:10
Many ways lead to Rome. Thanks for the info.

I just look at my watch...
2018-4-24
Use props
JooMoo
lvl.1

Thailand

Thank you for every comment for me so that can help me much.
But now I want to know the value of the angle of the camera at the Drone; x degree, y degree and z degree.
Because I will use those values for calculating.

Thank you to everyone.
2018-4-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

X(roll),Y(pitch) and Z(turn)-Degree you can calculate from the distance and height to the photographed object and the direction of the birds nose. Z is the easiest,look on to the compass data . X should be even to the ground and Y is for distance and height of your bird
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules