Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Peter

I have had this happen to a lesser degree and was not very high in the air. DJI is telling us to drain the battery down to a low percentage like 5% or so. IMO this is too low... but I don't want to start another debate on this same subject. What this does is reset the battery circuit on the battery after the latest firmware update. I have dropped my problem battery to 10% and it is working fine now. There are many threads and I have been part of them. But the bottom line is you need to monitor your batteries. Charge them up after your flight to 100% if you are going to fly right away and 50% for storage.

I hope this helps you and feel free to ask questions, this is how we all learn.

PS. I was trying to build my own super power supply for working with my batteries and finally decided to buy the Smart Power system. I received mine this evening and so far I am really impressed with the quality and performance. I will report on this device once I have had it running for awhile.

This is my first impression posted on their site:
"Do not hesitate to purchase this power supply for your Inspire batteries! The service is great and the product is top notch. I just received the item from production and currently running some charge and deep cycle tests. It is running both 3 TB47 and 1 TB48 batteries, my remote and my iPad. I could not be happier with the quality period!
I will post some photos on the DJI forum once I get the charging finished."
Rich

2015-6-10
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

So, after firmware, I should run them all down to 5%. Where was this recommended?
Nothing here.   http://download.dji-innovations. ... ade_Firmware_en.pdf
2015-6-10
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

I think two problems are being confused with one another.

The battery connection issue is separate from the battery drop from x% to x%.

I am myself having the battery connection issue intermittently on 6 separate tb48 batteries. when a battery is plugged in and the inspire is turned on, it reads 0% and gives the connection to center board error message.  If I keep cycling turning on and off the battery it eventually does not give me the error and I can fly with no issues.  When I go to plug in a new battery it is a crap shoot whether or not the error will pop up again.

I do not want to send my bird away for repairs for 6 weeks.  I can do what I need to for the summer with it as is and will get it repaired when it is more convenient for me or when  DJI has their new repair facility sorted out.

2015-6-10
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-11 02:46
Hey Peter,

I found this thread.  I too had the issue with battery connection to the mainboard.  55% ...

I had a brief error like that with my TB48, but it went away and never came back and hopefully never will (knock on wood). I heard that some people have not set the battery all the way in the Inspire so the connection wasn't good, producing that error. However, when you said that smoke is coming out, that sounds like some sort of short on the board not the battery.
2015-6-10
Use props
offtosleep
lvl.1

United States

This is a scary issue.  If I loose my bird or it drops outta the sky, I'm f00ked!
2015-6-10
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-6-11 12:25
I had a brief error like that with my TB48, but it went away and never came back and hopefully nev ...

Yep. smoke from the board.  I was surprised I got it to land.  
2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules