Batteries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

I have a question for all you previous phantom owners. How many batteries would you recomend having for the Phantom 3? This is my first phantom, and I'm already tired of being constrained to only one battery. So I will be buying another one (or maybe two) when they become available. I guess I'm trying to ask, is there anyone who has purchased more batteries than they atually use? I know it sound kinda silly.
Obviously if money were no issue, I would'nt even ask the question - I would buy as many as I want.I see some of the cases coming out for the phantom 3 that have slots for 5 spare batteries (or 6 if you had one installed). I can only dream of having 6 batteries.

I'm thinking 3 batteries is the sweet spot.
Any advise?
Thanks.

2015-5-8
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

It depends a lot on your use. 3 batteries is the sweet spot if you fly near a power source. If you have the Pro version, this gives you quite a bit of flight time before you are waiting again for the rest of the batteries to charge. Kill #1 in 20 minutes, get it on the charger for a 45 minute charge - kill #2 in 20 minutes and #1 still has 20 to go - kill #3 and #1 is ready and #2 is now charging - kill #1 again and you have a 20 minute break for #2 to be ready. If you are out and won't have a place to recharge, it all depends on how long you want to fly for.
2015-5-8
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

What about the car charger? how fast does it charge the batteries? Is there a car charger for the P3 yet? or will there be?
2015-5-8
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

If car charger is not available, 12V->110 (or 220) converter are available and will do the job.
I have one that I use to charge camera batteries, phone, tablet and laptop on long trips but it is only 300W (600W peak), so not enough for the P3 I presume (220V x 1,4A = 308W).
2015-5-8
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone tried using a converter with the included wall charger to charge their phantom batteries in the car? Is this safe?
2015-5-8
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

With the P2 I have and it was a little bit slower (about 1:45 instead of 1:15), but it did the trick. There are also quite a few portable options so you are not tied to your car, something like this: http://www.xantrex.com/power-pro ... owerpack-600hd.aspx
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules