Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark Remote Controller Tips & Tricks
2225 13 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey Guys,

I put together a short video on the DJI Spark Remote Controller. I skipped all the basics and focused on some of the lesser known features and some things that I had not tried before. Hope it's helpful.

2018-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2018-4-20
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot. I watched all your videos before getting my Spark a couple of weeks ago, and they've all been really helpful. Many thanks for making them!
2018-4-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Great video...I think the Midair CSC has either been deactivated or only works under certain midair emergencies/malfunctions (which the DJI manual doesn't elaborate on).  Kloo Gee had a video on the different modes and couldn't get Midair CSC to work, either.  I like the Pause button...several people have had RTH kick in when under a tree and before they could look down and hit the Cancel on the screen, they crashed.  I practice all the time sliding my left thumb off the control stick down to the Pause button, just in case I need to use it.

P.S.  I also hand land on the right hand while holding the RC in my left hand and pulling back on the control stick to descend and shutoff the motors. You show that but don't really explain to the novice how you did it.
2018-4-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

The emergency shutting off the motors with down and outward joystick command was disabled by DJI in a prior firmware update.
2018-4-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good info to share   
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Great video, thanks for sharing!
2018-4-21
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JimFandango Posted at 2018-4-20 12:09
Thanks a lot. I watched all your videos before getting my Spark a couple of weeks ago, and they've all been really helpful. Many thanks for making them!

Terrific! Glad they were helpful.
2018-4-21
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-4-20 16:53
Great video...I think the Midair CSC has either been deactivated or only works under certain midair emergencies/malfunctions (which the DJI manual doesn't elaborate on).  Kloo Gee had a video on the different modes and couldn't get Midair CSC to work, either.  I like the Pause button...several people have had RTH kick in when under a tree and before they could look down and hit the Cancel on the screen, they crashed.  I practice all the time sliding my left thumb off the control stick down to the Pause button, just in case I need to use it.

P.S.  I also hand land on the right hand while holding the RC in my left hand and pulling back on the control stick to descend and shutoff the motors. You show that but don't really explain to the novice how you did it.

Thanks! Yeah, it's funny but I had never used the pause button until I made the video. Good point about the RTH - been there. And good idea about practicing the movement, I will definitely have to do that. I can see pause being very useful.

I intentionally did not explain the hand landing at the end. I demonstrated it earlier in the video (ground landing) and if people really wanted to solve the "mystery", I think they could connect the dots. :-)
2018-4-21
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-20 17:57
The emergency shutting off the motors with down and outward joystick command was disabled by DJI in a prior firmware update.

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I figured.
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_8pkCZIoTQRkL
New

Albania

how to connect a mavic pro remote control with spark?
2018-9-25
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Great tips. I’ve seen some of your YouTube videos. You make awesome videos. Thanks for sharing.
2019-1-11
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Sayhelloforme Posted at 1-11 23:07
Great tips. I’ve seen some of your YouTube videos. You make awesome videos. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks very much! And thanks for watching!
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules