20172 55 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

SkipC Posted at 2018-4-30 03:51
This also worked for me in the US but the other solution using DJI Assistant 2 (suggested by DJI Hong Kong support) did not work. Still waiting for the permanent fix.

permanent fix is just to allow the popup to show so ppl can switch to the right modes. simple as that
2018-4-30
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

METROID Posted at 2018-4-30 04:28
Customers must not seek for Android phones or use 3rd party emulators, etc. DJI please fix this, or give people an option to choose region or FCC/CE manually in one click (maybe via DJI Assistant, no?).

yes that would be amazing. why does DJI have to enforce an age old 19's law about RF power?, let the user be responsible, we arent kids(mostly)
2018-4-30
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft

I tried bluestacks but the go4 app crashes every time. Thoughts??
2018-4-30
Use props
gekyr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 549180 ft
United Kingdom

rfAndy Posted at 2018-4-30 06:24
I tried bluestacks but the go4 app crashes every time. Thoughts??

Yes,  Bluestacks or the DJI App in BlueStacks runs out of RAM.

Click the Settings button (looks like down arrow at top right of BlueStacks window, next to minimise button), under display change DPI to Low 160dpi, also 1280x720, but most importantly go to Engine tab and allocate more Memory. I gave it 1800MB and 4 CPU cores.

Every time it stops responding you gotta restart bluestacks.

Also i think i had issues with BlueStacks v3.x. One that worked is 4.1.13.3306 as it reports in control panel/programs and features.
2018-4-30
Use props
giveuptheghost
New
United States

Wow, pretty crazy I had to do this.  Couldn't fly more than 100 feet away from me without losing signal.  I was able to find a super old Android phone that was only connected to wifi and unlock 5.8G... so you don't actually need to have a sim card... just any old android tablet or phone may do it.  As soon as I plugged it in, it threw a message about being in the wrong region and I connected my Iphone 8 Plus right after and voila - all wifi options were there!
2018-4-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

fansc7cef43d Posted at 2018-4-21 12:29
UUUGH. Got no one I know with one.  This is sad that you pay 900 bucks and still have to be a hacker just to make it work.  And Best Buy is gonna slam me with a restocking fee on top of it.

Don't be so defeatist.
Phone BestBuy and see if they will help you. They might allow you access to a demo phone or make the change for you. If they agree, go and get it done.
2018-5-1
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-5-1 05:34
Don't be so defeatist.
Phone BestBuy and see if they will help you. They might allow you access to a demo phone or make the change for you. If they agree, go and get it done.

Downgrade the app will also fix this until new app is out.
2018-5-1
Use props
PvtTucker
lvl.1
United States

So funny story... i found out my boss has a droid. So i bring in my air and use his phone to unlock fcc. When i first turned the RC and the Air on without fcc unlocked there were no issues. Then i plugged the droid in and connected. Selected that i was in whatever country and then right after that this loud buzzing overcame all the speakers of the gym (where i work). Hahaha
2018-5-1
Use props
PvtTucker
lvl.1
United States

Disrupting the gyms speakers aside... it works great now. Can fly well beyond my comfort zone now
2018-5-1
Use props
justinbustin408
New
United States

Kevinab Posted at 2018-4-20 14:36
update: i was honestly ready to just pack the drone up and get my money back. but thankfully my background is in hacking, programming & tech so i managed to fix the issue after alot of tinkering. very happy now getting 1k+ meters on 5.8 Ghz(my area has rlly had 2.4 Ghz congestion) with smooth transmission

Yes!!! This is the fix I've been looking for! I was also considering returning my Mavic Air due to the same problem! Kinda sad that my $1000 drone investment was plagued with such a stupid "bug" like this! So glad this worked!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
2018-5-1
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft

DJI GO4 4 update this morning has the iOS fix to this problem.  No more special actions required.  Works on iPhone!!
2018-5-2
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

rfAndy Posted at 2018-5-2 07:20
DJI GO4 4 update this morning has the iOS fix to this problem.  No more special actions required.  Works on iPhone!!

niceeeeeeeeeeeeee finally
2018-5-4
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

gekyr Posted at 2018-4-29 17:58
I had the same issue and this is how I solved it.

(Bit of history: The first MA unit i bought in the UK could use both 2.4 and 5.8 frequencies but after DJI sent me a replacement unit, the replacement device was locked to 2.4GHz and 2-10 channels. iPhone X user here, no access to Android and no combination of firmware reloading helped. )

i did as following. but the controller dosnt seem to connect to the emulator. how do i give it access to the USB device(RC)?. iv got the RC drivers installed.
note: i got BlueStacks 4.x App Player running on windows
2018-5-10
Use props
gekyr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 549180 ft
United Kingdom

Kevinab Posted at 2018-5-10 10:04
i did as following. but the controller dosnt seem to connect to the emulator. how do i give it access to the USB device(RC)?. iv got the RC drivers installed.
note: i got BlueStacks 4.x App Player running on windows

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1653715

Open the Device Manager and check if the RC is recognised and that there are no exclamation points next to the device. If the drivers are correctly installed then connect the RC to the PC via USB while RC is off, then power it on. If still not, power off and on again.

May also have omitted to mention you need to link the controller with the  DJI Go App within BlueStacks.
2018-5-26
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

gekyr Posted at 2018-5-26 21:01
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=144968&pid=1331015&fromuid=1653715

Open the Device Manager and check if the RC is recognised and that there are no exclamation points next to the device. If the drivers are correctly installed then connect the RC to the PC via USB while RC is off, then power it on. If still not, power off and on again.

oh. how do i link it? please help i really dont have access to an android.
also im running the latest version of bluestacks wich is an app emulator ONLY, not a full android OS
2018-5-27
Use props
djiuser_24HVta1cVG6d
New

B4 doing this will your drone and controller be on
2019-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules