Maximum Operating Temperatures?
7717 6 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

Don't have my bird yet, so forgive me if this in the docs. Here in good ole Texas, it can get above 100 degrees on summer days, with blazing sunshine, and well into the 90s on many days. Is it safe to fly in that (for the Phantom, I mean   )? Or would it be safer to consider morning and evening as the only sensible flying times?

2015-5-8
Use props
eThug
lvl.1

United States

Operating temperature is 0C to 40C.
2015-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, and if it gets above 40* C, you would likely not be into flying the Phantom 3 anyway... Or Would you?
Can't even imagine that kind of weather...

I know if it ever gets that warm (HOT) here, it will be Hell to adjust to. Seriously not into that high of heat.
I am actually a fall season kind of guy, and love the time of year, once it begins to cool down some, for a few months.
Those of you, who are  living in a perpetual summer. Enjoy it. I would not.

Happy flying...

RedHotPoker
2015-5-9
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

That is actually one of the benefits of the white design. It looks more like a plastic toy, but it reflects the heat instead of absorbing it. The suggested operating temperatures are 0-40°C (which is 32-104°F). These are the same specs as the Phantom 2 Vision+ as well and I took that one out in -15°C (5°F) and it held up perfectly fine. The hottest I have flown in would have been about 35°C (95°F) and it was fine, significantly higher humidity here than down in Texas which makes it feel even hotter. Cold drains batteries faster, heat puts a little more strain on the motors; so I would say after each flight you will want to let it cool down as much as possible before sending it back up in the air.
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Heat might be an issue. I had the P3Pro standing still on the floor (maybe 25C in the room)  while trying to get YouTube Livestreaming working etc. Suddenly the gimbal flipped out - moving about like crazy. I turned it off. It felt hot. I let it cool a bit, put it next to a fan, turned it back on and continued without problems.

I suspect the gimbal went nuts because of overheating. I am curious if others have experienced the same.
2015-5-9
Use props
8Blue Wolf8
lvl.1

Australia

Just got back home from a flight now.  I live in Northern Tablelands, NSW, Oz.   BOM tells me the temp where I was flying the temp is 36C (97F) right now.  Breeze just picked up so imagine it was a degree or two hotter out there (20 min drive home).  I did a couple of mapping/terrain modelling missions.  1 at low altittude (approx 10-15m) and one at medium high altitude(70m).  Just completed missions (critical battery warning on landing) then drove home.  When I got home I went to charge the battery to transfer missions...waaaay too hot (almost too hot to touch metal bits - that is 25 mins after shutdown).  Also only got about 18 mins flight time.  (Flight time may be due to light wind at 70m).   So all in all, mission went perfectly, flight was a dream but battery got waay hot (although it didn't seem to affect anything negatively apart from possibly losing a minute or two of flight time).   All in all Phantom 3 Standard flies great at around 37-38 degrees celcius.
Cheers

Blue Wolf
2017-2-10
Use props
8Blue Wolf8
lvl.1

Australia

Btw RHPoker -- 40 degrees is pretty standard for us.  I love it - as long as it is a dry heat -- 40 and high humidity gets a bit too much too handle.  I'd happily go out flying in 45 if there was a small patch of shade to stand in.    Bring it on lol.
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules