909 10 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys, what do you reccommend for a free video editor for a new novice. Do not want to get too deep just do some simple things like putting music over footage and joining and cutting clips.  thanks
2018-4-20
Use props
Captain Mal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

I'm a newbie myself. I've tried DaVicni Resolve on a couple of videos. It has WAY more features than I know what to do with, but the basics of splicing clips and adding music is pretty easy. It also supports 4k, when not many free editors do.
2018-4-20
Use props
twilloo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

Captain Mal Posted at 2018-4-20 16:43
I'm a newbie myself. I've tried DaVicni Resolve on a couple of videos. It has WAY more features than I know what to do with, but the basics of splicing clips and adding music is pretty easy. It also supports 4k, when not many free editors do.

thanks alot. I have heard others talking about that same software too
2018-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

iMovies if you have mac is a good starter, da Vinci resolve is free and is really very good.
2018-4-20
Use props
Pekik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995397 ft
Indonesia

Commonly I use windows movie maker, but have to step up further. The questions, to run DaVinci resolve smoothly, what is your PC/laptop configuration? I try DaVinci ver 15 but its cannot run in my laptop with i7 processor ...
2018-4-20
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adobe Premiere Elements is fairly easy to use.  If you want something free and really simple you also have the DJI GO4 App which has a built in editing feature that includes music.  I think that gets overlooked sometimes but actually gives you some quick little edits for social media.  
2018-4-20
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

I used shotcut for a while. Simple, free, open source, 4k friendly, but powerful. Watch a couple basic shotcut tutorials on youtube and you'll be plugging away in no time. I ended up biting the bullet and getting adobe cc since I have a nice camera and wanted to get the most out of it. I will say Adobe is amazing, especially when it comes to color correction. You can take junk and make it look incredible.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-20 17:37
iMovies if you have mac is a good starter, da Vinci resolve is free and is really very good.

Yes, iMovies is recommended.
2018-4-21
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

I use Hitfilm 2017 but for 4k editing you will need a powerful computer.
2018-4-21
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft

Pinnacle Studio 21 , but its not free
2018-4-21
Use props
Captain Mal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

Pekik Posted at 2018-4-20 17:51
Commonly I use windows movie maker, but have to step up further. The questions, to run DaVinci resolve smoothly, what is your PC/laptop configuration? I try DaVinci ver 15 but its cannot run in my laptop with i7 processor ...

That's actually a very good question. I have a pretty beefy gaming PC and with the default settings, video playback in DaVinci was pretty horrible when editing 4k video from my Air. What I had to do was use Optimized Media (in project settings) with 1/4 resolution and set the Playback Proxy Mode to 1/4 resolution. Google around for how to set all that up, but it gives me perfect playback while editing at the cost of reduced video quality in the editor. The quality is still perfectly usable for editing and doesn't affect the final output quality at all.
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules