Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Assistant 2 - Calibration - Cannot detect screen size
12Next >
30833 47 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3287 ft

I own a Mavic Air. I cannot find a way to input my screen size. I write 22, or 22,00 or 22" but nothing happens. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi akon, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please take a photo show us the issue? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-4-21
Use props
Imol
lvl.1
Philippines

I have the same exact problem with akon. I don't think you need a screenshot because it's pretty self-explanatory. But if you really want one, here you go...

2018-4-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Imol Posted at 2018-4-22 12:16
I have the same exact problem with akon. I don't think you need a screenshot because it's pretty self-explanatory. But if you really want one, here you go...

[view_image]

Screen size in inches doesn't make sense, but entering the resolution does. Try doing that for whatever your display properties are.
I seem to recall there's an optimal resolution to use for that too, but don't recall. Perhaps someone else can chime in to remind us.
2018-4-22
Use props
Imol
lvl.1
Philippines

I put in "23" because as that's what it asked for - size = Inches, it said. But I just tried it now to see if resolution works.

I tried "1920", "1920x1080", "1920*1080", "1080", "1080p" - NO GO
I reduced my resolution and did the same "1280", "1280x720", "1280*720", "720", "720p" - STILL NO GO
I reduced, yet again, to basic resolution and did the same "800", "800x600", "800*600", "600" - STILL NO GO

So, I guess this needs an update from the devs or just some clarification. Maybe it doesn't work well (or not supported) on the newer Mavic drones.
2018-4-23
Use props
Guille-MavicAir
New
Chile

I have the same problem! any solution to this problem? thanks
2018-4-29
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179829 ft

I've had the Mavic Air since February, and never once have been able to get that to work.  I wasn't sure if it was because my monitor is connected via HDMI, but I don't see how that would matter.  I've input the 24" advertised for the monitor and the TRUE 23.6" dimensions, nothing ever works.
2018-5-1
Use props
Daayum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313524 ft
Sweden

Same issue here.
Using a 13,3 inch Macbook air. Never connected it to a second screen.

Have anyone solved this?
2018-6-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

I've never even seen a prompt to enter screen size, but was wondering how the MA would know to calibrate properly without this data point...

Using a 2017 MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar, and would like to know if this works, or is even available...
2018-6-15
Use props
derider
First Officer
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-15 08:26
I've never even seen a prompt to enter screen size, but was wondering how the MA would know to calibrate properly without this data point...

Using a 2017 MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar, and would like to know if this works, or is even available...

I've got the same issue today with my Mavic Air - not able to calibrate the sensors with DJI assistent as requested in the DJI GO 4 app. No luck doing work arounds that some guys have suggested. I wonder what the problem really are since the Mavic air seems to fly well. One thing is clear - the DJI assistent has a bug when it block the calibration with a screen size error.  But is it safe to fly with the Mavic Air when it has an error telling us the sensors needs calibration? not sure what to do.
2018-9-2
Use props
fans46b6c2d6
New

India

I own a phantom advance plus ,facing problem in caliberating ,showing screen size error .how to solve it?
2018-10-16
Use props
LEONKHASMIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
Canada

I own Mavic 2 pro, same story, iMac 27," assistant 2.04 would activate screen size after inputing 27 or all resolutions. Any feedback from DJI technicians?
2018-11-14
Use props
LEONKHASMIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
Canada

I own Mavic 2 pro, same story, iMac 27," assistant 2.04 would activate screen size after inputing 27 or all resolutions. Any feedback from DJI technicians?
2018-11-14
Use props
Mkpete
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Why is it that some companies have great hardware but awful software which completely spoils the experience?
I have just bought a Mavic Air second-hand and have flown it once. Worked perfectly, except for the message to recalibrate the Vision Sensors, though this did not seem to affect it at all.
I then made the mistake of installing DJI Assistant 2 and have spent many hours trying to calibrate the sensors. I bought the Mavic Air to have some fun, not to spend all my time indoors trying all the suggestions provided on the forum.
What are DJI doing about this? There have been so many threads and so many postings that I would have thought that someone at DJI would realise that they need to get this sorted out.

My problem is that all I get is a blank window where there should be the “dots” to calibrate the sensors. Also, the “Sensor Status” does not show the sensors connected. The Windows 10 PD does recognise the storage however and the DJI Assistant 2 does recognise it as a Mavic Air.
I thought it might be connected with the fact that the sensors were not recognised, as shown in the screenshot provided by mony303. However, further down the thread UzumAkI ITachi has a screenshot which has the Sensor Status shown as green and what look to be pictures from the cameras, and he also could not get it to work.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-142063-1-1.html

I have been through a number of the threads and:
Taken out my 2nd monitor
Triied changing the resolution
Rebooted the PC with the driver signature enforcement disabled
Tried various combinations of starting the Mavic Air before plugging into the PC or after
Closed down the Firewall

Problem solved – Don’t ask me why!
I decided to try my 2nd monitor.
My main monitor is a 23” LG – a few years old. It was not detected by DJI Assistant 2 and I had to put in 23 which only produced the blank screen or, if after going through the explanatory diagrams a greyed out Calibrate and the waiting symbol.
My 2nd monitor is a 15” Sony – many years old
Both were connected to the PC by, I think DVD-D ports – the Sony using an adaptor as its cable was VGA
The Sony was, it seems, detected straight away as it went straight into the Calibration screen and the rest, as they say, is history. The sensors were detected and calibration worked.
I would not like to go through that process again.
2018-11-26
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mkpete Posted at 11-26 06:20
Why is it that some companies have great hardware but awful software which completely spoils the experience?
I have just bought a Mavic Air second-hand and have flown it once. Worked perfectly, except for the message to recalibrate the Vision Sensors, though this did not seem to affect it at all.
I then made the mistake of installing DJI Assistant 2 and have spent many hours trying to calibrate the sensors. I bought the Mavic Air to have some fun, not to spend all my time indoors trying all the suggestions provided on the forum.

Thanks for your inputs.

Finally I was able to calibrate my MA after so many months flying with that calibration msg.
I am using the same 24inches Samsung LCD Monitor to calibrate on my Desktop PC. Instead of using HDMI connection, I used the DVI connection to my monitor. I don't even need to input the monitor size. Its connected the Calibration Screen right away. So guys try using other connection like VGA or DVI instead of HDMI connections.
2018-11-26
Use props
Levana Marin
New

Australia

Mkpete Posted at 11-26 06:20
I have just bought a Mavic Air second-hand and have flown it once. Worked perfectly, except for the message to recalibrate the Vision Sensors, though this did not seem to affect it at all.
I then made the mistake of installing DJI Assistant 2 and have spent many hours trying to calibrate the sensors. I bought the Mavic Air to have some fun, not to spend all my time indoors trying all the suggestions provided on the forum.

Hey, we are having the exact same problem but we are trying on a laptop. Have changed resolution settings but not much more we can try?
2018-11-27
Use props
ruggbg
lvl.2
United States

I am pretty sure it is looking for resolution. My desktop gets the same message. My laptop dis also. I changed the resolution on the laptop to 1600 900 and entered that on the screen and it worked. I have not been successful on my desktop though. Instruction would be nice, DJI!
2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Levana Marin Posted at 11-27 17:33
Hey, we are having the exact same problem but we are trying on a laptop. Have changed resolution settings but not much more we can try?

Ran into this problem one time (lucky me it was only once).  It took power-cycling both Mavic Pro and computer system.  It was like both were holding incorrect display resoltion (#### x ####) of MacBook Pro's screen.

If I remember correctly, problem started when I tried to do Calibration using Windows version Assistant-2 running under Apple's BootCamp.  Ended up doing Calibration using OS-X version of Assistant-2.
2018-12-5
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Interesting.  I was reminded to re-calibrate the visual sensors some time ago.  I started Assistant but was never requested to enter screen size.  I`m running a 15" DELL laptop.
2018-12-6
Use props
Mr. Know It All
New
Russia

ISSUE FIX - Cannot detect screen size! For Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic Air.

I have same story as for all “cannot detect screen size”, “white screen” on DJI Ass... 2 V2.0.6.

TESTED PCS:
Intel NUC (Iris 530) / Win8.1, Intel server (NVIDIA Quadra p600, NVIDIA 2080Ti) / Win10.

TESTED DISPLAYS: Asus VW266H (1920x1200), Asus MX279 (1920x1080), Asus PW191 (1440x900), Sony KD-498505B (native 3840x2160, 1920x1080).

USELESS ACTIONS (TESTED): ask DJI for help, change resolution, change connection DVI to HDMI and back, change cable, change PC, change DPI%, Voodoo magic (restart, safe mode, security policies, drivers update, start app from Admin), many other for next 3-4 hours of time.

HELPFUL ACTION: use only (in my case) Asus MX279 (1920x1080) with any pc or OS or graphic cards. NO ISSUE detected.

MY FIX ADVICE:
Note, some people fix this issue by changing the resolution to lower. This action can help with “white screen” but potentially lead to unsuccessful calibration…

DO NOT SPEND TIME FOR: tuning your PC, connection, cables, software and security policies. Just find another screen! Standard 16:9, Full HD (1920x1080) screen or connect it to your laptop (I tested even this for fan).

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION: Call to Mr. Wāng Tāo and ask him for help.
2019-1-6
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My simple fix connect via DVI instead HDMI to my monitor.
2019-1-6
Use props
NordAtHeart
lvl.1
United States

Just in case someone with an ultrawide 21:9 searches  for this problem...

DJI Assistant would let me go through the whole calibration process with my ultrawide but would have an error when processing the data at the end.

Switched to a 16:9 monitor and it worked fine (I'm pretty sure at 1920x1080), although it's worth noting that when I did a dual display with the 21:9, it would say "Can't detect screen size" error.  Changed the desktop to only display on the 16:9 and it worked perfectly.
2019-1-25
Use props
Super Jules
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The DVI input solution solved it for me.

As a side note - I have 2 monitors as a lot of other users will do. The primary was HDMI - after unplugging that it auto-detected the screen etc without issue.

As for manually inputting screen resolution, that never worked for me... and may well be a bug...?  
2019-4-17
Use props
fans21905a46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2786270 ft
United States

Super Jules Posted at 4-17 00:52
The DVI input solution solved it for me.

As a side note - I have 2 monitors as a lot of other users will do. The primary was HDMI - after unplugging that it auto-detected the screen etc without issue.

The solution for me was to unplug my second monitor, suddenly all the frustration was resolved and everything worked as expected.... Kind of stupid that DJI isn't aware of this issue and doesn't provide advice about unplugging extra monitors before trying to calibrate.
2019-7-7
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Imol Posted at 2018-4-22 12:16
I have the same exact problem with akon. I don't think you need a screenshot because it's pretty self-explanatory. But if you really want one, here you go...

[view_image]

no it isn't  
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_O3fkcSN5a8Yy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207989 ft
Indonesia

hai all i need help, i try to calibration AC with the laptop, 3 steps done and completed but until process calculation show notification error "calculation error" i try and try but the same problem
2019-8-2
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

For absolutely none drone hard knocks, how the heck does warn get triggered to cal vision cameras?
Do cameras lose their written firmware, corrupted firmware? Or alignment credentials written get outdated because of solidstate electronics drift in their values? Makes me wonder how warn prompts are legitimately triggeted. Headlights on the car don't need realignment unless disturbed, right?
2019-8-2
Use props
Brosnaw
New

I had same issue until I checked the "Do not show calibration steps again" box
2019-10-10
Use props
korngold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144587 ft
United States

In case anyone else is still having this issue and using an older Macbook, set your resolution to 1152x720, then open Assistant, connect, and try to calibrate.  Not sure if it will work for all, but it did work for me. Make sure you hold the cord above the body when you calibrate the back sensors.

I have a 2015, 13in MacBook Air, and a DJI Mavic Air (v.1).  This may or may not work for other computers/drones.

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 5.47.54 AM.png
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_HuI2TKuJo63U
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58589 ft
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-11-26 08:52
Thanks for your inputs.

Finally I was able to calibrate my MA after so many months flying with that calibration msg.

A follow-up to this suggestion (use DVI instead of HDMI). I tried this and it did NOT resolve this calibration issue. I was able to use a HDMI connected monitor to successfully calibrate. What I had to do was disconnect my 2nd monitor, attached a 1920 x 1080 monitor. I also uninstalled the DJI Assistant 2 software before restarting with a solo monitor. I then reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 and began the calibration process. It all worked. There might be an issue running two monitors when calibrating, it might also be the use of a lower res monitor (not a 4k). Not sure but this is what worked for me.
2020-6-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HuI2TKuJo63U Posted at 6-13 07:04
A follow-up to this suggestion (use DVI instead of HDMI). I tried this and it did NOT resolve this calibration issue. I was able to use a HDMI connected monitor to successfully calibrate. What I had to do was disconnect my 2nd monitor, attached a 1920 x 1080 monitor. I also uninstalled the DJI Assistant 2 software before restarting with a solo monitor. I then reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 and began the calibration process. It all worked. There might be an issue running two monitors when calibrating, it might also be the use of a lower res monitor (not a 4k). Not sure but this is what worked for me.

Great you solved .
2020-6-14
Use props
fans3a30f811
New
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Brazil

Hello. I was having the same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. I couldn't calibrate on my HP Pavilion 14-n050br Notebook (Windows 10).
So I connected a screen (Samsung SMT24A550) via HDMI, but at the end of the calibration it presented the error "Calculation Error. Check thescreen size". So I closed the program, enabled only the second screen and restarted the notebook. When connecting, I did the entire procedure using only the screen connected by HDMI and then I managed to perform the entire calibration successfully.
Soon I will test Mavic, but so far the message has not appeared.
2020-7-12
Use props
UltimatePeter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11499 ft
United States

I really thought maybe DJI's employees might chime in on this error which I have received as well. I receive it on my office computer with Win10 and three 4K monitors.
I screwed around with it for quite some time. Like DJI's employees cannot even give guidance on what kind of number we are trying to put in the box?
Every time I put anything in the box, such as a resolution number, it just produces a white screen for the test and it would not work.

Anyway, I finally got fed up and went and did it on my laptop.
2020-7-18
Use props
djiuser_gzKb8zFGqEkv
New

United Kingdom

korngold Posted at 6-7 02:29
In case anyone else is still having this issue and using an older Macbook, set your resolution to 1152x720, then open Assistant, connect, and try to calibrate.  Not sure if it will work for all, but it did work for me. Make sure you hold the cord above the body when you calibrate the back sensors.

I have a 2015, 13in MacBook Air, and a DJI Mavic Air (v.1).  This may or may not work for other computers/drones.[Image]

This had me stressing for days!!!....this post worked
2020-7-27
Use props
djiuser_taw1PovW8kJh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 804209 ft
Poland

If the program does not recognize screen resolution, you have to find another computer and then try it. I have a computer with a 4k TV. The program did not recognize the screen resolution. I couldn't enter the resolution. I don't know what format to enter.
I tried on a 15 "laptop (Dell). The program didn't even ask for the screen resolution. The program immediately ran the test.
Good luck.
2020-9-20
Use props
Premier30
New

Poland

Witam miałem taki sam problem Ale po wpisaniu rozmiaru monitora czyli 22 i zmianie kabla z VGA na DVI Kalibracja ruszyła i udało się skalibrować czujniki...
2021-1-7
Use props
NeilRazdan
lvl.1
United States

I have Phantom 4 Pro Plus. I think my issue is related too.  When I run Assistant 2, It comes to the Calibration screen, when I move the drone to the screen, for a split second it says to move the drone... I could never read the full message, and it changes to "Unable to detect calibration screen"message, and gets stuck there.  It used to work fine. Couple of things changed sinced it last worked 3 years ago. 1.  I replaced my monitor, with a Sony Bravia 31.5" tv. (Monitor was smaller), and 2. I upgraded Operating System from Windows Vista to Windows 10.  Is it possible that one these two is the culprit?  I am going to put the monitor back tomorrow and see if that works.  Can using a tv as a monitor have to do with it? Is Assistant 2 compatible with Windows 10?  I talked to DJI Tech Support, and the ticketid=3634014&groupname=PH. But the issue is unresolved.
2021-6-24
Use props
NeilRazdan
lvl.1
United States

Voila !!  I was trying to calibrate Vision Systm Censors for last three days.  Tried everything. Nothing worked.  So, this morning, I pulled out the 31.5"Sony Bravia tv that I was using as monitor, and put my Dell mnitor back. Well, whaddya know...!! It worke like clockwork.  On the tv, the calibration image looked very small, like 1/3rd the size of actual image, in the center of the screen.  But as soon as I put the monitor back, the image was full screen, as it should've been.   I hope, this gives you guys some idea to work with.
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_EPlfgov6lllf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37871 ft
United States

UltimatePeter Posted at 2020-7-18 16:59
I really thought maybe DJI's employees might chime in on this error which I have received as well. I receive it on my office computer with Win10 and three 4K monitors.
I screwed around with it for quite some time. Like DJI's employees cannot even give guidance on what kind of number we are trying to put in the box?
Every time I put anything in the box, such as a resolution number, it just produces a white screen for the test and it would not work.

I UNPLUGGED A MONITORE AND IT HOOKED UP
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_vezWV5oliUAO
New

Argentina

Hola a todos, yo estoy en Córdoba Argentina. Me ocurría los mismo el mensaje que no podía reconocer la pantalla. Reinstala el Assitance Mavic 2 un para de veces agregue el driver DJI. Hice una serie de configuraciones pero no podía hacer que funcionara, al final después de tantas pruebas reemplace el cable HDMI por el cable digital DVI. O sea para que no renieguen, en PC la única manera que el software lo identifique la monitor es con señal digital pura, sin cable HDMI. Y otro detalle mi configuración de video es 1920 x 1080. Espero que les sirva el dato yo me sentía muy frustrado, pero ahora estoy contento porque todo funciono expectacular!!!! saludos a todos
2021-8-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules