Phantom3: Using Fatshark on p3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
p.whitmore
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

I have a fatshark dom v2 which I was using via a lightning to hdmi from iphone 6 with my p2 vision.
As the p3 has the usb to lightning port for the rc, it now does not work that way (no input from rc via adapter :-().

Does any one know a way of using them with the p3? Can the 'free' usb port be used for example via a usb to hdmi converter?

Any hints would be appreciated.
2015-5-9
Use props
edumlz
lvl.2

Spain

It's been said that and HDMI out adapter will come out eventually. I'm waiting this myself so I can hook up an external screen to avoid lag.
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

edumlz@outlook. Posted at 2015-5-9 21:07
It's been said that and HDMI out adapter will come out eventually. I'm waiting this myself so I can  ...

There is no (real) problem with lag.

I've currently only used an iPad Air (first version) and it works very well. The lag is well below a half second (more likely 200ms). I fail to see how this is an issue. There will be lag on an HDMI out as well (Inspire-folks have that too, check YouTube for comparisons between iPad vs monitor conn. with HDMI). It might be a tenth of a second or two tenths of a second less lag on the HDMI-monitor, maybe less if using a faster iPad (I will try with my iPhone6).

Honestly, it is a non-issue. Thats not the reason you want an HDMI-out.

HDMI-out could be useful for video-googles perhaps (I've still not seen this demonstrated with w.g. the Inspire) - or if you have a live-TV-production set up, where you want to feed the streaming into a production environment - or if you want to have clients monitor on a large screen separately and live. But honestly, those are fairly specialized requirements. And if you REALLY have that need, I believe you can buy the Inspire remote  and hook it up with your Phantom3 (it is not cheap, maybe get a used one cheaper for those who bought 2 with their Inspire and figured out they dont use the second remote - or from people who have crashed their Inspire and have a spare remote...).

Don't get me wrong; I would have preferred they had kept the HDMI just like the Inspire-remote. Just in case, to have that option for that rare use-case. But it truly isn't a big deal. If it is a big deal, there are options, including getting an Inspire.

My 2 cents.
2015-5-9
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-10 01:49
There is no (real) problem with lag.

I've currently only used an iPad Air (first version) and it  ...

I'm selling a new inspire controller on the p3 forums with hdmi out http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &extra=page%3D1
2015-5-9
Use props
edumlz
lvl.2

Spain

FamtomDK I understand your position but I guess we do have different needs. For starters I don't have an Ipad, I've got a Shield tablet, which has around 200 ms lag. I also fly very often in environments with a decent amount of obstacles (buildings, trees, streetlights, wires, etc.) so maybe I need I little more precision than those who fly on open fields...  On top of that, when I'm recording 4k 30fps (which I do always I fly) you have to add a lot of freeze, jerk, noise to the lag to the point that I can't use the P3 to grab video in these environments because It doesn't feel safe, so I have to return to my P2+GOPRO combo for safety reasons.
I have the Inspire 1 too, and while the lag as you said it's not worlds apart with an external monitor, it is better, especially when recording.
I always strive to get the best results possible with my equipment, and in this case, in my opinion, I get it with the HDMI monitor.
2015-5-10
Use props
p.whitmore
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all and thanks for posts and ideas.

I may risk getting a micro usb to cdmi converter (not that expensive) hooking it all up and seeing what happens. Else wait for dji.
2015-5-10
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

p.whitmore@iclo Posted at 2015-5-10 20:54
Hi all and thanks for posts and ideas.

I may risk getting a micro usb to cdmi converter (not that e ...

Or another solution buy Inspire 1 controller
2015-5-10
Use props
p.whitmore
lvl.1

Germany

Exib Posted at 2015-5-10 22:11
Or another solution buy Inspire 1 controller

I'll try the cheaper one first :-) but thanks any way.
2015-5-10
Use props
p.whitmore
lvl.1

Germany

p.whitmore@iclo Posted at 2015-5-10 23:46
I'll try the cheaper one first :-) but thanks any way.

well that didn't work as I expected :-(

What is the NVIDIA Shield like and is it support by the DJI Pilot app?
2015-5-12
Use props
whitty69
lvl.1

Germany

so went and got the shield and several cables and adpaters later, ready to give up!
2015-5-23
Use props
tonstar1111.goo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2015-5-23
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I imagine if it was as easy as using a generic Micro USB to HDMI adapter, someone would have cottoned on to that already.

It may be a case of buying the break out board (I've had a peek and its not to complicated to change over with that from the Inspire RC) or
a special micro usb -> hdmi that has a resistor in it to tell the remote to output hdmi via that port (similar to gopro's multi output usb port).
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules