charging controller battery
1560 7 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steff_7777
New

United Kingdom

Recently bought an almost new phantom 2, flew it briefly and really pleased with it.
But the built in controller battery won't charge up, iv'e downloaded the latest firmwear and even tried a friends cable but no joy.
Any sugestions ?

2015-5-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Which controller model do you have?
2015-5-10
Use props
steff_7777
New

United Kingdom

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-10 21:10
Which controller model do you have?

it's the 2.4 ghz version with the gimble wheel
battery is now completely flat and dose nothing when i turn it on
2015-5-10
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Does that same USB cable you are using work ok when charging the wifi extender? Little diagnostics.
2015-5-10
Use props
steff_7777
New

United Kingdom

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-11 01:25
Does that same USB cable you are using work ok when charging the wifi extender? Little diagnostics.

don't have a wifi extender but it works ok for connecting the phantom plus i tried charging the controller with a friends cable that i know works
2015-5-10
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

What is the source that you are charging from. You will need a power source that is rated at least version 2.0   Trying to charge from a laptop may not work. You may need to get a USB brick that has a higher amperage something at 5 volt and 2 Amps.
2015-5-17
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

If the RC is not charging with a working cable and is also not being recognized by the RC assistant, I would say the mini USB port on the RC is bad. You could split the case on the RC to see if something is disconnected.
2015-5-17
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Rambo is right however ,could be a damaged USB port in the RC too. Some people have been know to push a little to hard with the cable plug reversed..
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules