o(^-^)o
opethian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174557 ft
Pakistan

Well im stuck here, badly
i purchased Mavic Air here in Pakistan and it has given me this error
how to fix this?
is there any dji service center near pakistan?
i am getting following three issues

• IMU Calibration Required
  • Accelerometer Failed
  • Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data

2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see whether it helps. If still no luck, please contact the local dealers and help to send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

2018-4-21
Use props
opethian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174557 ft
Pakistan

Well it never had a crash, was always in it's bag inside my camera bag while traveling or in home. Flew just fine uptill now. Have clocked more than 9hrs of flight time on various drones and around 5hrs on Mavic Air alone.
Tried refreshing the firmware and everything but in sensor tab, both my ACC are showing errors. Both accelerometer I think are busted. Is there any software solution of this? Can't do calibration, when I press Calibrate IMU it takes me to this screen but pressing Start button doesn't do anything.
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

opethian Posted at 2018-4-21 22:18
Well it never had a crash, was always in it's bag inside my camera bag while traveling or in home. Flew just fine uptill now. Have clocked more than 9hrs of flight time on various drones and around 5hrs on Mavic Air alone.
Tried refreshing the firmware and everything but in sensor tab, both my ACC are showing errors. Both accelerometer I think are busted. Is there any software solution of this? Can't do calibration, when I press Calibrate IMU it takes me to this screen but pressing Start button doesn't do anything.

Sorry to tell you that I would recommend you contact dealer and send it back: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy They will help you deal with your situation. Please tell us if you need any helps.
2018-4-21
Use props
Danny Berndt
lvl.1

I know Old forum... but I just had this issue and I fixed it...

Spent hours on end trying to fix this issue... DJI assistant, DJI support, restoring older versions, reupdated versions, freezer, max battery etc! I was told to send it into DJI but I couldn't afford the week+ of not having my drone for work... Long story short this next solution actually worked... I smacked it with my palm a few times... and it actually worked... I had to calibrate the compass but once I smacked the drone a few times, the IMU wasn't acting up and I was good to go! Hope this helps lol (im assuming there was magnets that were stuck inside and I guess I shook them loose)
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Danny Berndt Posted at 2018-7-30 20:43
I know Old forum... but I just had this issue and I fixed it...

Spent hours on end trying to fix this issue... DJI assistant, DJI support, restoring older versions, reupdated versions, freezer, max battery etc! I was told to send it into DJI but I couldn't afford the week+ of not having my drone for work... Long story short this next solution actually worked... I smacked it with my palm a few times... and it actually worked... I had to calibrate the compass but once I smacked the drone a few times, the IMU wasn't acting up and I was good to go! Hope this helps lol (im assuming there was magnets that were stuck inside and I guess I shook them loose)

Hi Danny, thanks for your sharing, but please note the damage by the colliding or smacking will not be covered by the after-sales policy, therefore, it is not recommended to smack the drone just in case the drone is damaged. IMU calibration is required to place the drone in the absolute level ground, if the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-31
Use props
Danny Berndt
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-31 00:07
Hi Danny, thanks for your sharing, but please note the damage by the colliding or smacking will not be covered by the after-sales policy, please take care of drone, IMU calibration is required to place the drone in the absolute level ground, if the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let us know.

I'm not that great with sarcasm over the internet...
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danny Berndt Posted at 2018-7-31 13:23
I'm not that great with sarcasm over the internet...

That is definitely not what I mean, it's just a warm prompt since smacking the drone could cause the damage, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Please keep us updated if there is any other issue.
2018-7-31
Use props
mbrow1779
lvl.1
Jamaica

I have the same problem after a crash but I am in Jamaica and I bought it in the us and there are no dealers here so I am stuck
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mbrow1779 Posted at 2018-8-7 14:56
I have the same problem after a crash but I am in Jamaica and I bought it in the us and there are no dealers here so I am stuck

We're sorry to hear this. May I ask it is the malfunction or pilot error? Due to the warranty is not international. I'm afraid that you may send the unit to the US for the warranty claim, please kindly check whether your seller can help to send the unit in.
2018-8-8
Use props
fabianZ
New
Mexico

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 00:34
We're sorry to hear this. May I ask it is the malfunction or pilot error? Due to the warranty is not international. I'm afraid that you may send the unit to the US for the warranty claim, please kindly check whether your seller can help to send the unit in.

If i bought a Mavic Air in the US @ Best Buy , but live in Mexico, can i send it to DJI US (any store) with my Best Buy receipt for checking the IMU, drone has not crashed it is just that i can not calibrate the IMU. or can i send it to DJI Mexico
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fabianZ Posted at 7-9 04:49
If i bought a Mavic Air in the US @ Best Buy , but live in Mexico, can i send it to DJI US (any store) with my Best Buy receipt for checking the IMU, drone has not crashed it is just that i can not calibrate the IMU. or can i send it to DJI Mexico

Hi fabianZ, if the unit is purchased from the US, we sincerely suggest you send it in DJI NA official service center for service: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
If you want to repair in Mexico, I'm afraid that it might be paid service, you may refer to the above link and see whether local recommended service centers can help.
DJI Service Center.png
2019-7-10
Use props
Pkh540
lvl.1

United States

Our Mavic Air has been in a box since we moved for more than a year. Took it out and received these three error messages. I assume this is out of warranty? Covid being what it is, we’re tight on money. Thanks
2020-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pkh540 Posted at 9-10 12:48
Our Mavic Air has been in a box since we moved for more than a year. Took it out and received these three error messages. I assume this is out of warranty? Covid being what it is, we’re tight on money. Thanks

Hi Pkh540, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Mavic Air, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? I'd like to help you check it, thanks.  
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_wIG0RR5uZbBK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem, my mavic air has never been crashed and has sat in a drawer for about 6 months and is now showing these problems after turning on. Never had any issues before putting it away and everything was fine, only thing that's changed is I have a new phone but I'm getting the same error messages with my tablet also.
2020-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_wIG0RR5uZbBK Posted at 9-12 12:24
Hi, I'm having the exact same problem, my mavic air has never been crashed and has sat in a drawer for about 6 months and is now showing these problems after turning on. Never had any issues before putting it away and everything was fine, only thing that's changed is I have a new phone but I'm getting the same error messages with my tablet also.

Hi there, please try to calibrate the IMU, gimbal, and refresh the latest firmware for the drone via DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, you may send the drone back to our repair center for a diagnosis. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-9-13
Use props
Enigma77
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Susan, are there any instructions online for unplugging the 8 pin cable that the error message is telling me to do? Thanks
2020-10-4
Use props
Bobzee Linkmoney
New

Nigeria

Accelerometer Error and I can't calibrate IMU nor fly the drone, I am from Nigeria and I bought mine Phantom 3 Standard in Nigeria.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bobzee Linkmoney Posted at 11-6 11:36
Accelerometer Error and I can't calibrate IMU nor fly the drone, I am from Nigeria and I bought mine Phantom 3 Standard in Nigeria.

Hi there, sorry that you're having this issue. Could you please provide us a screenshot to check the error message and the error code for further confirmation?
2021-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules