Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI tools for Business
1515 6 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIisTerrible
New

I purchased the Inspire 1 Raw to take my business to the next level. I also got the osmo grip for it, and was very pleased with what it's capable of.
It was a huge investment in my business, the full package put me back just under $7k.

On my first software update, my osmo handle no longer worked. Easy fix, I'll just roll back the firmware right? Nope, they don't let you. After hours of trying to figure it out, I was told by their support that the only option was to send it in and have them roll it back. So, I mailed my Inpsire, X5R, and Osmo to them & they rolled the software back for me. However, when I got it back, the X5R camera and the black plastic case that it goes in, were both in Terrible condition! The only way I can describe it, is if someone was to stand on the case and slide around on concrete like it was a roller skate. I then realized, they had sent back someone elses camera, & it had a different serial number.

So, I called DJI again, and they opened a second case number and told me to send in the scratched up camera so they could send me mine back. Unfortnately, this whole process takes about a month each time, which has been a huge hit to my business! So, I send the camera back in without the drone & osmo, so that I can get mine back. I clearly explained everything that happened, and attached all conversations, case numbers, and serial numbers up to this point.
However, Instead of sending back my camera, they sent me a bill to replace parts on the scratched up camera that doesn't even belong to me!! At this point, they've stolen over $3k of my production equipment, cost me months of business, months of lost income, and don't even have the decency to respond or allow me to talk with someone.

It's now been 3 weeks since they gave me a bill for a camera that doesn't even belong to me. I've been calling & emailing every two days & they refuse to let me talk to anyone that will actually look at what's going on or give me an aswer. They keep saying "I need to talk to my manager, and they'll respond in two days". Two days later, they say the same thing again and again. If they were doing this to my Mavic that'd be one thing. However, they're doing this with a business asset that's supposed to be a part of their "professional line".

DJI has been illegally getting away with "business" like this for many years. However, if anyone else on this forum stole thousands of dollars of my production equipment, I'd have them arrested. With that said.... there is a very high chance, that DJI ins't responding because they no longer have my camera. So not only are they guilty of stealing, but so is whoever is currently in posession of camera. Being in posession of stolen property is just as bad as stealing it.

If you received a product from DJI that wasn't the same serial number that you sent in, there is a very high chance you are in posession of someones stolen property. DJI is not a company that cares about helping your business. You can glance at any drone forum and see that. You can look at their reviews on any website and see that.
As of now, I'm left with a useless drone body and osmo handle and I'm not about to buy another $3k replacement camera from the very company that stole my other one from me.

The most recent case # they gave me for this is: CAS-1630111-Z5L5K1

The bill for the scratched up camera is only $300 to fix it. Every day that it's not being sent back costs me at least that much money. The day rate for renting it out, is that much money. So, I could care less about paying the $300. The problem is that if I pay it, without them bothering to get in contact with me, then they are going to "fix" the scrathed up camera and send back the camera that doesn't belong to me. I didn't send it in to get it "fixed". I sent it in, because it's stolen property and doesn't belong to me. It's also not in anywhere near the mint condition of the one that I sent in for a software rollback.
At this point I've lost easily $10,000 in months of missed work, missed rental rates, and stolen equipment.

The point in all of this:
If you're running a business, purchase equipment from a real "professional line". Don't buy expensive drones from a toy manufacturer, even if the specs look nice. This is not a company that you want your business to be dependant on.

2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Really sorry for the inconvenience it brings. Your case has been escalated to the designated department and it seemed that the local team failed to contact you. Please PM me your phone number again, we will contact you at a most convenient time.
2018-4-22
Use props
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-22 00:20
Really sorry for the inconvenience it brings. Your case has been escalated to the designated department and it seemed that the local team failed to contact you. Please PM me your phone number again, we will contact you at a most convenient time.

Hey DJI Elektra, thank you for trying to help. Did you get a hold of anyone? So far, you're the only response that I've received from DJI. It's been over 3 weeks now & I have another shoot coming up that I don't want to turn down.

If DJI doesn't feel like calling, an email or txt is fine too. They technically don't even need to communicate with me, just sending my camera back would be great. It was already in perfect condition and nothing even needs to be fixed on it. Please just send it back as is, I don't even need the firmware downgrade. If DJI lost my camera, you can just send another camera that's in mint condition. From my perspective, this seems like a very easy thing to resolve. If you've been holding it because you can't afford the shipping or something, then just send me an invoice and I'll take care of it.
2018-4-25
Use props
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-22 00:20

Hey @djielektra , There's no need to wait for "a most convenient time". Anytime in the last 6 days would've been great.

Even saying "You'll be contacted on this specific date" means you'll have given me the most in-depth status update that I've received from DJI.

Sorry for the frustration, my business is really suffering because of this.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

X5R forum Posted at 2018-4-28 11:38
Hey @djielektra , There's no need to wait for "a most convenient time". Anytime in the last 6 days would've been great.

Even saying "You'll be contacted on this specific date" means you'll have given me the most in-depth status update that I've received from DJI.

Sorry for the late response. Our local team contacted you and offered you a solution on 4/27. Sorry that the case was considered as non warranty case. Please tell me if you have still have doubt in your case.
2018-5-4
Use props
Anatoliy Soloshenko
lvl.1

United States

Upon clicking the Follow Me button, a screen should come up that states how strong the GPS signal of the subject is, its distance from the drone, and the altitude of the drone. Follow Me will work across a wide altitude range – from 10 meters up to 500 meters.
2021-4-28
Use props
againea
lvl.1

United States

Hi, some new?
2021-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules