ultrasonic sensor error
445289 445289 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyenya
lvl.1
Turkey

Got "ultrasonic sensor error land immediately" - control kept working - landing normal.
How to solve this issue?

2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Skyenya, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, please do not mount any accessories and refresh the firmware to see whether it helps.
2018-4-23
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 758579 ft
Poland

I have the same problem for a week. The drone never had a hard landing
2018-4-23
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Are you sure it said 'ultrasonic' and not 'infrared'?
The latter is being discussed here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-136473-1-1.html
2018-4-23
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

yes i have info "ultrasonic sensor error land immediately"
2018-4-23
Use props
skyenya
lvl.1
Turkey

I have mounted device for fishing)
2018-4-23
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

I have still problem with ultrasonic sensor error :/. Only once was everything ok a few days ago.
Today i have again "ultrasonic sensor error land immediately"
2018-4-29
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-23 03:21
Hey Skyenya, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, please do not mount any accessories and refresh the firmware to see whether it helps.

I refreshed the firmware and nothing. I did downgrade and upgrade firmware and nothing. I have still "ultrasonic sensor error land immediately" when i take off.  My drone never had hard landing or crash.
2018-5-1
Use props
fans0a7b45f2
New

Italy

I too after the latest firmware update have been getting that same error. I have calibrated  imu and compass via dji go app (flight after gave the same error.). After that  I have calibrated the sensors via dji assistant app, and now I'm waiting for the weather to get a bit better to try and fly again. Hoping in no error after sensor calibration... If that doesn't work, I'll try refreshing the firmware. After that I think I will dismantle the drone and try a thorough cleaning. Last resort is to send it to assistance '-_-. (phantom 4, 1yr old, first battery). Did not have any hard landings or crashes.
2018-5-2
Use props
Black Panther
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407113 ft
United States

I got the same error on a previous flight.  I did a full calibration and haven't seen the error message since.  FWIW
2018-5-2
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

fans0a7b45f2 Posted at 2018-5-2 03:52
I too after the latest firmware update have been getting that same error. I have calibrated  imu and compass via dji go app (flight after gave the same error.). After that  I have calibrated the sensors via dji assistant app, and now I'm waiting for the weather to get a bit better to try and fly again. Hoping in no error after sensor calibration... If that doesn't work, I'll try refreshing the firmware. After that I think I will dismantle the drone and try a thorough cleaning. Last resort is to send it to assistance '-_-. (phantom 4, 1yr old, first battery). Did not have any hard landings or crashes.

I calibrated vision sensors and still nothing :/  I hope that my drone will not suddenly fall
2018-5-2
Use props
Gallanonimek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159226 ft
Poland

Hi, I have the same problem with the new firmware. I have already tried calibrating compass, imu and VPS. After that, I uploaded the previous version of firmware, for now, I didn`t see any error connected with an ultrasonic sensor.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trabin Posted at 2018-5-1 02:18
I refreshed the firmware and nothing. I did downgrade and upgrade firmware and nothing. I have still "ultrasonic sensor error land immediately" when i take off.  My drone never had hard landing or crash.

Received with thanks! This issue has been reported to our engineers, they are working on it. I'll keep follow up as well.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,

Sorry for the troubles. Our engineers have been aware of the warning of ultrasonic sensor error, and they are working on it. We'll keep you updated if there is any news.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
2018-5-7
Use props
Dutch Locutus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96381 ft
Netherlands

Any news about this issue?  I experience the same Ultrasonic sensor  error since I updated the firmware last week.No effects on the behavior of the phantom, but I don’t dare to fly with the warning lights on within 1-3 minutes of each flight. So I am grounded till there is a firmware solution.
2018-5-9
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

I uploaded the previous version of firmware. I have tried calibrating compass, imu and VPS and now I have big problem with descend. When i put stick down on max, drone not descend or descend is very very slowly :/ I am grounded too ;(
2018-5-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

trabin Posted at 2018-5-12 02:05
I uploaded the previous version of firmware. I have tried calibrating compass, imu and VPS and now I have big problem with descend. When i put stick down on max, drone not descend or descend is very very slowly :/ I am grounded too ;(

"I am grounded too ;("
I would say you're the opposite ... Sorry.

If any, the only thing you would have needed to try calibrate was the VPS system.
Have you tried a factory reset followed by a refresh of the current version? it sometimes need to be repeated to make sure all modules has got it.
Do you still have this Ultrasonic error too?
2018-5-12
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-12 02:19
"I am grounded too ;("
I would say you're the opposite ...  Sorry.

In V02.00.0106 i don't see ultrasonic sensor error. I did not try factory reset. I have only files flying log data from today flight. I 'don't have txt files ;(  so I can send only fly.dat files
Today's flight and problem with descend

In V02.00.0700 flight logs with ultrasonic sensor error http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IFTNF919DRNDDYL0ZOAR/

2018-5-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

trabin Posted at 2018-5-12 03:17
In V02.00.0106 i don't see ultrasonic sensor error. I did not try factory reset. I have only files flying log data from today flight. I 'don't have txt files ;(  so I can send only fly.dat files
Today's flight and problem with descend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqvmEvwuNKE

Was your descend problem also present before the firmware downgrade?
It does look strange in that flight record recording but there is no chance to see if it would be caused by the sensors seeing something that stop it from descending.

As far i have noticed i have had the Ultrasonic error once on the P4P, it popped up even i always keep all sensors disabled due to the unbearable beeping and too many times the sunlight has stopped the aircraft from moving the direction i want it to.

Still recommend trying the factory reset and a reflash of the AC.
2018-5-12
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-12 21:29
Was your descend problem also present before the firmware downgrade?
It does look strange in that flight record recording but there is no chance to see if it would be caused by the sensors seeing something that stop it from descending.

Hi. I have a problem with descend on old firmware only. I flew a few days ago before the IMU calibration and it was the same situation :/ In the latest version of the firmware I have only an ultrasonic sensor error
2018-5-13
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

I returned to V02.00.0700 firmware and I have still "ultrasonic sensor error" but I've no problem with descending. I hope this is a software error, not hardware.
I have last question. Can I fly safely with this error?
2018-5-14
Use props
928Estates
lvl.2
Flight distance : 453346 ft
United States

I keep receiving the same error message and I also never had a rd landing or crash. My drone is in pristine condition. Despite the error and solid red lights, it flies perfectly fine and I can land it smoothly back on the take off point. I have never tried to see if it would slow down a too fast decent, as I always land it softly with the transmitter.
2018-5-18
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

Do you have any new information about ultrasonic sensor error or i must send my drone to service?
2018-6-1
Use props
Phantoman
lvl.2
United States

What device are you using? Ios or android? When I use my ipad and ascend above 10m I get a "downward vision sensor is abnormal, land immediately". I descend back below 10m and let it hover for 10 to 60 secs the lights start flashing normally. When I use my Galaxy S8+ I get the ultra sonic sensor error. Again when I descend back below 10m, the lights will eventually start flashing normally. Other than that the drone flies perfect. I've only had my P4 for a week. It's a refurb I bought from the Dji store.
2018-6-3
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

Phantoman Posted at 2018-6-3 18:04
What device are you using? Ios or android? When I use my ipad and ascend above 10m I get a "downward vision sensor is abnormal, land immediately". I descend back below 10m and let it hover for 10 to 60 secs the lights start flashing normally. When I use my Galaxy S8+ I get the ultra sonic sensor error. Again when I descend back below 10m, the lights will eventually start flashing normally. Other than that the drone flies perfect. I've only had my P4 for a week. It's a refurb I bought from the Dji store.

I'am using android device. I get a message about 10 seconds after the climb.
2018-6-4
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

Today's flight http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BBCN84K86N5C6U4ZSJTR/
4 days ago http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y9VXV23ITLOMTSN9FHC1/ 23 May 2018 http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4QJS1JREZ1CI09B5LY0W/
15 May 2018 http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/M9WTJ24EHKQIIRP53HDX/
The problem has occurred since March :/

2018-6-5
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please make sure both your aircraft AND remote controller firmware are up to date. I was getting the Ultrasonic Failure land ASAP message almost every flight for a couple months. Kept the aircraft updated, but missed the update to the remote. After I updated it, the error stopped. Verify all of your firmware is current just to be sure.

EDIT: update, it did not stop. I’ve gotten the error message again.

Jeff
2018-6-5
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-6-5 10:45
Please make sure both your aircraft AND remote controller firmware are up to date. I was getting the Ultrasonic Failure land ASAP message almost every flight for a couple months. Kept the aircraft updated, but missed the update to the remote. After I updated it, the error stopped. Verify all of your firmware is current just to be sure.

Jeff

I have current firmware. Overall status "Latest Firmware"
2018-6-5
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

trabin Posted at 2018-6-5 23:00
I have current firmware. Overall status "Latest Firmware"

Did you compare the website to the controller. That message from the controller was the same with me, but there was an update on the website that was newer than what was on the controller.

Jeff
2018-6-6
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-6-6 01:32
Did you compare the website to the controller. That message from the controller was the same with me, but there was an update on the website that was newer than what was on the controller.

Jeff

Can you tell me how to do it?
2018-6-7
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

trabin Posted at 2018-6-7 01:28
Can you tell me how to do it?

From the Downloads page HERE (this is for the Phantom 4 Pro) compare this rev to what is on you controller. Using the Go 4 app under settings about, you can find the current firmware on the RC. The instructions are right below the firmware on the Downloads page.

Jeff
2018-6-7
Use props
Phantoman
lvl.2

Current RC firmware is 1.9.3. Mine is up to date.
2018-6-7
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

Phantoman Posted at 2018-6-7 05:42
Current RC firmware is 1.9.3. Mine is up to date.

I have 1.9.3 and today I have still problem with ultrasonic sensor error
2018-6-7
Use props
aCiDeViL
lvl.2

Portugal

I upgrade today and now I also have this problem.
I am sure this is not hardware problem but software, my drone was perfect before firmware update.
I never crash, and this message only shows sometimes, not always but when it show he don´t have any impact on how my drone fly.
I HOPE DJ FIX THIS IN NEXT FIRMWARE.
2018-6-22
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

aCiDeViL Posted at 2018-6-22 11:59
I upgrade today and now I also have this problem.
I am sure this is not hardware problem but software, my drone was perfect before firmware update.
I never crash, and this message only shows sometimes, not always but when it show he don´t have any impact on how my drone fly.

Please compare your remote controller firmware Rev. to the firmware available on the P4 downloads page. I was getting this error almost every flight. Since updating my RC firmware I have stopped getting the Ultrasonic Sensor error. YMMV.

Jeff
2018-6-23
Use props
aCiDeViL
lvl.2

Portugal

I have last version.
This problem shows exactly after update, calibrate sensors, IMU and leave to fly.
2018-6-23
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Poland

I have still ultrasonic error with every flight. I will send the drone to service. I have no choice because the problem has occurred since March.
2018-6-23
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

aCiDeViL Posted at 2018-6-23 05:21
[view_image]
I have last version.
This problem shows exactly after update, calibrate sensors, IMU and leave to fly.

The error in the posted picture is not the one reported in this thread (ultrasonic), the one in your pic simply tell that there is to dark for the vision sensors to work.
I am not saying you don't have the ultrasonic error, just that the above is more a warning than an error.

Fly safe.
2018-6-23
Use props
aCiDeViL
lvl.2

Portugal

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-23 11:48
The error in the posted picture is not the one reported in this thread (ultrasonic), the one in your pic simply tell that there is to dark for the vision sensors to work.
I am not saying you don't have the ultrasonic error, just that the above is more a warning than an error.

Hi KedDK.
Please the read the post before my.
I am answer Jeff.  
2018-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

aCiDeViL Posted at 2018-6-23 14:18
Hi KedDK.
Please the read the post before my.
I am answer Jeff.

Your aircraft and RC firmware are the latest versions for the P4P, from the release notes:-

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Release Notes
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro
Copyright © 2018 DJI All Rights Reserved.

Date : 2018.03.08
Aircraft Firmware : V 01.05.0600
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0
Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.3.6.0
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules