710 4 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Latanzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839885 ft
Australia

Howdy All,
Had a few flights recently, taking off in 33 degrees (Celsius) and running 15 minute flights.
Often the battery temps are getting into the low 50's but am not getting any warnings on the phantom.
From what I've read this may only kick in once it hits 60, though I can't find too much info on the upper end of the temperature scale.
At present I'm not too concerned but was a good reminder to be mindful of ambient temperatures when flying in the Australian Summer.
Has anybody experienecd a warning in regards to overly hot batteries on the P4P?
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Latanzi, the recommended environment temperature is -10℃ to 40℃. A warning will pop up if something goes wrong. More details, please visit this link.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf
2018-4-23
Use props
Latanzi
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-23 03:10
Hey Latanzi, the recommended environment temperature is -10℃ to 40℃. A warning will pop up if something goes wrong. More details, please visit this link.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170125/flight+battery+safety+guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines+En.pdf

Thanks Susan,
Yes I read that in the manual, also the note to never store batteries where temps may exceed 60°C. If I follow the guideline it is still OK to take off at 39°C, but that doesn't allow for any temperature increase in the battery due to flights, in fact anything much over 30°C doesn't allow for flight of any reasonable duration without hitting the 40 mark. I'll just keep monitoring and post when and if I get a warning. To date hottest temp achieved has been 52 after a 17min flight
2018-4-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

Latanzi Posted at 2018-4-23 04:27
Thanks Susan,
Yes I read that in the manual, also the note to never store batteries where temps may exceed 60°C. If I follow the guideline it is still OK to take off at 39°C, but that doesn't allow for any temperature increase in the battery due to flights, in fact anything much over 30°C doesn't allow for flight of any reasonable duration without hitting the 40 mark. I'll just keep monitoring and post when and if I get a warning. To date hottest temp achieved has been 52 after a 17min flight

The 40 degrees C is the ground temperature. Under most circumstances, it is going to be slightly cooler, the higher you fly. I regularly have battery temperatures up near 55 degrees C in the summer but have not had any problems yet. My batteries have all had nearly 80 charges and are still showing a 100% life. Just make sure you take the battery out of the drone after the flight and let it cool down properly before storing or recharging it.
2018-4-23
Use props
Latanzi
lvl.2
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-4-23 22:37
The 40 degrees C is the ground temperature. Under most circumstances, it is going to be slightly cooler, the higher you fly. I regularly have battery temperatures up near 55 degrees C in the summer but have not had any problems yet. My batteries have all had nearly 80 charges and are still showing a 100% life. Just make sure you take the battery out of the drone after the flight and let it cool down properly before storing or recharging it.

Thanks Jenee 2,
Encouraging to hear
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules