Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just tested some video editing, pls give your feebback
1071 27 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

Hi all :-)

I have playing around with my Mavic Pro and Davinci resovle today.

This is the best video so far from me :-)

4K will be avalible.

I will appreciate if you can give me some honest feedback for this video, my 6th in the order, still a rookie :-)

The music gives is a relaxing feeling.

Thanks and happy flying!

2018-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

It is a nice video, not sure if it is my eyes but the trees looked either out of focus or the video had a bit extra sharpness in it.
2018-4-22
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

Thanks for your input. The trees has always been an trouble for my Mavic. Do you think its hardware/software problem so I should return it?

2018-4-22
Use props
MavicFit91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>

This is wonderful! Beautiful edit and very cinematic. I could see this playing as the introduction credits into a movie. Thank you, I look forward to seeing more of this lovely county.
2018-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

I don't think so, I learnt from ACW that when your pro rises up tap on the horizon and let the Pro focus there and the rest of the picture is clear there after
2018-4-22
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-4-22 08:06
This is wonderful! Beautiful edit and very cinematic. I could see this playing as the introduction credits into a movie. Thank you, I look forward to seeing more of this lovely county.

Many thanks :-)

We like shooting lakes you and me :-)
2018-4-22
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

Suren Posted at 2018-4-22 08:07
I don't think so, I learnt from ACW that when your pro rises up tap on the horizon and let the Pro focus there and the rest of the picture is clear there after

Thanks for that tips, I'm always try to focus on other objects far away.

I will try your tip next time.
2018-4-22
Use props
MavicFit91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>

FredrikN Posted at 2018-4-22 08:30
Many thanks :-)

We like shooting lakes you and me :-)

LOL what other option is there when we are not close to the ocean?
2018-4-22
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

Suren Posted at 2018-4-22 07:58
It is a nice video, not sure if it is my eyes but the trees looked either out of focus or the video had a bit extra sharpness in it.

Hi

Just tried some other settings.

I created the film with -1,0,0 since someone on youtube recommened it.

I tried 0,0,0 and even +1,0,0 and the trees become better.

Good for eveyone to know :-)
2018-4-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job lovely transitions, only one tip I could give you, the scene with you tracking the car was a good chance to ramp up the speed if your recording under the 180 rule IE double the frame rate it can be a good effect to use.
But really nice footage and music worked very well.
2018-4-30
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Very nice footage and indeed a relaxing edit. I would love to visit Sweden now, great country.
2018-4-30
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

Thanks all :-)
2018-4-30
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

chiplifter Posted at 2018-4-30 05:55
Very nice footage and indeed a relaxing edit. I would love to visit Sweden now, great country.

Yes, some places are very nice.

When I get a house there you can come visit  and we can create some footage :-)
2018-4-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

FredrikN Posted at 2018-4-30 05:09
Hi

I always video on +1 0 0 has well with vivid. some how i feel this is nice, I do not do much editing has yet hoping to start in D-Log soon but have not got around to that, these settings seem fine for me for now,
2018-4-30
Use props
Heincon
lvl.2

I would say it is a very nice video. Good job and btw, what video editing program did you use?
2018-4-30
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

FredrikN Posted at 2018-4-30 05:09
Hi

yeah, I saw in another video that at 0 sharpness and below, the camera applies some noise reduction to the image, which can cause random things in pictures to appear blurry while the rest of the image is clearly in focus.  The upshot was to use at least +1 sharpness to avoid the random noise reduction in your shots, but the risk is that you can run out of bitrate and end up with pixelated images if there is a lot of moving fine detail (such as trees)
2018-4-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-22 08:07
I don't think so, I learnt from ACW that when your pro rises up tap on the horizon and let the Pro focus there and the rest of the picture is clear there after

I have done that based on past photography experience.  
Still, the images from Mavic Pro always seem slightly OoF or soft.
I have chalked it up to nature of the beast.  Mavics are drones first, as they should be.  
2018-4-30
Use props
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Wonderful video, and I think the choice of music was great very fitting to me .... Did you get the music from a website?
2018-4-30
Use props
E.W. Aerials
lvl.3
Flight distance : 313205 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are well on your way my friend. fantastic!
2018-4-30
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft

A very lovely video and enjoyable watch.  Since you asked, I have two suggestions:
1.  The shot between :16 and :24 - consider going to slow motion there.  Things passed just a tiny bit too quickly and there was a sign there that went by too quickly to read.
2.  I've been doing lots of reading on videography and I've seen several pros advise to avoid or greatly limit transitions.  When used, they advised a simple fade to black (as you did), but said to reserve that for major changes in either time or location.  Just for grins, try removing all the transitions from your video.  I'll bet you'll find it every bit as good.   Also, notice when you're watching pro videos, movies, TV.  You rarely see transitions used there.
2018-4-30
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Splendid Video.
Great views of the lake. It makes for a nice video when you can catch the reflection of the clouds in it.
2018-4-30
Use props
kfloke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Very nice footage..
2018-4-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I liked the scenes in your vid. For my taste, ideal colour and clarity. The scenes were about the right length, not a glimpse and ended as interest was about to wane. So, well timed.
When you said editing, apart from the cutting of clips aspect, did you adjust colours? As I mentioned, the colours were ideal in my view, so you have impressed me if you tweaked them.
Your post came at nearly the right time for me. I have started a project to take what I call moving snapshots. You have produced pretty much the sort of result I was looking for. It is like a still slide show, but with simple movement.
Where I live, we have many Victorian forts and German bunkers. I get caught up in basically a fly around and a looking down, pass over. You see the whole thing, but frankly it is too much for my planned audience. I will try doing it your way for the project, I think it is very well done and I learned a lot form it.
Thanks.
2018-4-30
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-4-30 23:58
I liked the scenes in your vid. For my taste, ideal colour and clarity. The scenes were about the right length, not a glimpse and ended as interest was about to wane. So, well timed.
When you said editing, apart from the cutting of clips aspect, did you adjust colours? As I mentioned, the colours were ideal in my view, so you have impressed me if you tweaked them.
Your post came at nearly the right time for me. I have started a project to take what I call moving snapshots. You have produced pretty much the sort of result I was looking for. It is like a still slide show, but with simple movement.

Hi and thanks

Cool, please post your own project when you are finished :-)

I used some color adjustment, Its just Spring here now and the color are low in real. So I bumped it up a level.

Good luck with your own shooting.
2018-5-1
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-4-30 17:18
A very lovely video and enjoyable watch.  Since you asked, I have two suggestions:
1.  The shot between :16 and :24 - consider going to slow motion there.  Things passed just a tiny bit too quickly and there was a sign there that went by too quickly to read.
2.  I've been doing lots of reading on videography and I've seen several pros advise to avoid or greatly limit transitions.  When used, they advised a simple fade to black (as you did), but said to reserve that for major changes in either time or location.  Just for grins, try removing all the transitions from your video.  I'll bet you'll find it every bit as good.   Also, notice when you're watching pro videos, movies, TV.  You rarely see transitions used there.

"
2.  I've been doing lots of reading on videography and I've seen several pros advise to avoid or greatly limit transitions.  When used, they advised a simple fade to black (as you did), but said to reserve that for major changes in either time or location.  Just for grins, try removing all the transitions from your video.  I'll bet you'll find it every bit as good.   Also, notice when you're watching pro videos, movies, TV.  You rarely see transitions used there."

True, I did noticed that :16 and :24 was somewhat to fast after the editing was done. I agree with you.
2018-5-1
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

RCkable5 Posted at 2018-4-30 15:55
Wonderful video, and I think the choice of music was great very fitting to me .... Did you get the music from a website?
Hi, thanks

It was from YT standard lib. Took out 20 clips and ranked them to best fit the video :-)
2018-5-1
Use props
FredrikN
lvl.3

Sweden

Heincon Posted at 2018-4-30 09:24
I would say it is a very nice video. Good job and btw, what video editing program did you use?

Hi

Thanks

I'm using the free version of DaVinci studio. I like it a lot. There is also a pro version that cost 2K USD or something.
2018-5-1
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you have a pm
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules