Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing your drone on an aircraft carrier.
814 6 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

This twit landed his drone on a brand new aircraft carrier "because it was windy".........

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40910087

Is this idiotic behaviour why we have lots of unnecessary inneffective regulations turning the majority of pilots into "criminals"?
Thing is, all the rules in the world wont stop knobs like this behaving like morons and spoiling it for the rest of us.

Thoughts?
2018-4-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My thought is you need to learn to give us a better link.  Maybe this is the link you meant?  It's dated from last August.  

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40910087

2018-4-22
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

That's the link at the bottom of the first article. Couldn't be arsed. (changed it now, ta.)
Anyway, there are soooo many holes in this guys story.
High winds dont make drones land by themselves and just happen to land on the deck of a carrier 10 feet from the dock......
High winds dont usually just happen to arrive just after you have flown all the way over the firth.
In previous article drone was described as "tiny", tiny drones dont carry 2kg of anything. Dont think phantoms do either.What the hell is this spaz thinking, commenting about semtex after claiming it was an autoland due to wind....
pfffff.

Guys an idiot and probably deserves a good kicking.

2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Laws and regulations are the bottom lines, hope more pilots could be more self-discipline in the future.
2018-4-23
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-23 01:41
Laws and regulations are the bottom lines, hope more pilots could be more self-discipline in the future.

And i just wish that DJI would provide me with the freedom to practice the self-dicipline by not forcing all kind of restrictions that sometimes don't make it possible to do the work that our local rules and permits allow.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-23 03:11
And i just wish that DJI would provide me with the freedom to practice the self-dicipline by not forcing all kind of restrictions that sometimes don't make it possible to do the work that our local rules and permits allow.

What you request is what I wish.
2018-4-23
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The guys comments about its capabilities and why he landed ............ cows poop !!

He landed, took photo, then took off and came home ? The guys pushing limits and trying it on  ....

Stupid reporter as well for taking his BS and printing it !

Nigel
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules