S1000+ Batteries & Weight Distribution
1500 7 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colin M.
lvl.2
United States

We have built up two S1000+ using a much lighter camera and gimbal than is usually used on this system. We are using either a Tattu 22,000 mAh smart battery or a Maxamps 22,000 mAh battery "designed" for the S1000+. It appears the Maxamps is a little more condusive to balancing the octo from front to back but with the weight distribution situation the drone is still very heavy in the back and light in the front. We recently had a crash I believe was brought on by the weight distribution. Is it common practice with the S1000+ to have to counter balance the battery in the situation where a gimbal and camera do not offset the weight?
2018-4-22
Use props
AgentEddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25200 ft

St Vincent and Grenadines

I have had similar occurrences with my setup using the x3 camera, while taking off it tends to fly backwards so I try compensating for this by balancing to go forward while going up, however landing is sometimes tricky because it bounces on the back part of the legs then settles flat
2018-4-22
Use props
Colin M.
lvl.2
United States

Eddie,

Have you tried counter balancing at all or do you just "deal" with it as there seem to be many SNAFUs you have to with DJIs hardware? Does anyone counter balance, honestly I think we will have to counter balance, if we don't it is going to lead to many more crashes. Another question with the X3 do you have it plugged directly into the S1000+ power distribution board? Could you post a pic please?

Thanks again.
2018-4-22
Use props
AgentEddie
lvl.2

I haven't tried counter balancing as yet, it would require something that I know will not end up affecting the systems and that I am not too sure about. What I did try to do was have the battery placed more to the center of the drone so it will have less weight away from the center of gravity. Yes I have the x3 plugged in directly to the board. I had to mod the xt60 connector I believe. I will get a pic soon.
2018-4-22
Use props
Colin M.
lvl.2
United States

I believe the X3 gimbal ships with a XT30 connector. Did you just replace the XT30 with a XT60? We have a buck converter to drop the voltage from the 22.2 V to 18 V. Guess that is not required. What size of battery do you normally fly with?

Thanks.
2018-4-22
Use props
AgentEddie
lvl.2

Colin M. Posted at 2018-4-22 20:19
I believe the X3 gimbal ships with a XT30 connector. Did you just replace the XT30 with a XT60? We have a buck converter to drop the voltage from the 22.2 V to 18 V. Guess that is not required. What size of battery do you normally fly with?

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply, I use a 22000 Mah battery, Tattu Plus LiPo Smart Battery Pack 22000mAh 22.2V 25C 6S with AS150+XT150. Its worked good for me thus far although I was expecting a little more time on flights.
For the setup with the gimball as you asked before please see attached pic

X3 on S1000+
2018-4-27
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

AgentEddie Posted at 2018-4-27 19:54
Sorry for the late reply, I use a 22000 Mah battery, Tattu Plus LiPo Smart Battery Pack 22000mAh 22.2V 25C 6S with AS150+XT150. Its worked good for me thus far although I was expecting a little more time on flights.
For the setup with the gimball as you asked before please see attached pic

Hey Eddie..just curious...how much flying time are you getting with the X 3? I’ve been thinking about it because of the short duration with the GH series camera and gimbal...
2018-4-29
Use props
AgentEddie
lvl.2

Barbados

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-4-29 12:07
Hey Eddie..just curious...how much flying time are you getting with the X 3? I’ve been thinking about it because of the short duration with the GH series camera and gimbal...

currently about 15 mins but most the areas I use it has some wind and using it with GPS means its fighting the wind so that could be one reason, plus the 22000 mah battery is heavy
2018-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules