Quickest fail ever. Bad experience with what I thought was a qual...
2841 43 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

splinetime Posted at 2018-4-23 15:27
Thank you.

Just finished my first line of sight, square, circular and gps column.

Just one final point from me, don't expect the quality and help you get from US made broadcast products. This is a consumer quality device made in China by a company that has grown too fast to keep up with its success and the people making it are from a completely different culture to that which you are used to. Almost any problem you experience can be solved by coming here and listening to the advice from experienced owners.
2018-4-23
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-4-22 20:21
Well, since you are not looking for any assistance, I guess we can dispense with that effort...
That noted, to all new users besides taking to heart Geebax's advice above YOU CANNOT take reading all the woe’s me and I'm screwed postings you find here, or anywhere for that matter, as total gospel and certainly not as a true indication as to how well, or not, DJI products do.  The problem is usually due to those with troubles and difficulties will come here and post their issues, while those having worry or problem free efforts will never come here to post good or bad.  Most importantly, about 8 to 9 times out of 10 those problems were due to their own actions or lack of action.  I can say with solid certainty that the P4P is a great piece of technology and a joy to fly, it is advanced and quite capable; it's too bad the OP will never know this.
Absolutely nothing can replace reading the manual twice if not three times before starting out.  As noted this is not a toy, it may seem like it, but it's not, it is a sophisticated device that needs some strong baseline knowledge about its operations to set it up and fly it.  There is no such thing as operating these birds straight out of the box safely and flawlessly, there are just too many variables and procedures the operator must be knowledgeable of and follow for that to happen.  YES, nearly everyone here will admit that the manuals are poorly written in places and could be much better than they are and on-line assistance is challenging to find, as well as the language barrier with customer service can be a source of frustration.  However, if you are persistent and patient you can receive the help you need and learn what you must to make for a safe and smooth flying experience.  Most of the experts here are here to help and can assist you in many ways if you are willing to work with them.

Second that.
2018-4-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-23 15:39
Just one final point from me, don't expect the quality and help you get from US made broadcast products. This is a consumer quality device made in China by a company that has grown too fast to keep up with its success and the people making it are from a completely different culture to that which you are used to. Almost any problem you experience can be solved by coming here and listening to the advice from experienced owners.

Exactly...I second this comment!
2018-4-23
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

splinetime Posted at 2018-4-23 15:27
Thank you.

Just finished my first line of sight, square, circular and gps column.

Excellent. Now you will find that the experience just gets better. However, there is a down side. You now have all those different angles, lighting, height and so on to consider when making your shots. Which one to choose. Nice problems to have. I used mine the other day to take an image of a place I could not reach because of my disability. In the case I took the aircraft down almost to ground level to make the image, and then once again at head height. Not all of my images are from high up. But I am sure you are more than experienced to know all that, just emphasising how it has given me back my photography.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules