Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Right side blurry? 100% fix...
1520 4 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anom3
lvl.2
Poland

No surprises here...

I have been able to fix my "right side blurry" issue.

Its a common issue, but just to recap... Even when focused properly, the right side of my video would be blurry. I would say about 1/6 of the image on the right would be out of focus, even when the rest of the image was perfectly in focus. This would not be that visible when viewing things close up (eg: in your home), but very visible when filming from the sky (eg: landscapes).

Yeah, I did all the standard stuff. Make sure to focus properly (tap to focus), turn sharpness up to +1, turn off AFC, firmware update, IMU calibration, camera reset, gimbal calibration, etc...

I finally got sick of it and ordered a new camera barrel from ebay. They go for about 10 bucks a pop, I ordered two just in case one was faulty as I have read some people sending their mavic in to DJI and getting a new one back (eg: refurb / completly new) with the same issue.

I swapped the barrel, which seamed a bit daunting at first... But not that bad.

So, I swapped it over... And behold, fully focused images all the way from the left to the right.

So, the issue is with the lens. 100%. Here is the guide I used to guide me through swapping the camera barrel.

If doing this, be gentle, go slow and you should be ok.
2018-4-22
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Good stuff. For that price well worth it for sure fixing that issue. Too bad DJI does not hold up to it and actually fix the issue even when people send it in. They should know about it and fix. Glad you got it fixed. Very good info here.
2018-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Would you mind posting a video of the before and after videos, Thanks
2018-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is true DIY (or should I say DJY)
2018-4-23
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for the tutorial on the camera lens.
I am always looking for videos for DIY stuff on the Mavic. I will add it to my tip collection.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules